“Over rated!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of London Hilton on Park Lane

You added London Hilton on Park Lane to your Saves list
London Hilton on Park Lane
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 Park Lane, London W1K 1BE, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #225 of 1,066 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Over rated!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have been to 4 awards ceremonies here and must say I only stayed once. I find it soulless and expensive. The rooms I suppose are what to expect from a Hilton but iv stayed in nicer Hilton in other cities. My room had a plus of views across to the gherkin amongst other sites. This years award dinner was poor, tasteless chicken, but amazing tarte tatin. Breakfast was a bun fight and I may as well had gone to McDonald's. I would only stay if someone else is paying.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hilton_ParkLane, Guest Services Manager at London Hilton on Park Lane, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

I was surprised by your comments regarding the meal at the awards dinner. All of the feedback we have received from this particular event has been very positive, particularly from the event organisers, however if the dinner was not to your taste then I do apologise.

While I am pleased by your overall score, I am sorry to read that you felt the property to lack soul. This is quite an intangible quality and the feeling differs from person to person, but if you did not feel it during your stay then this is something we must work on going forward.

Thank you very much once again for your review.

London Hilton on Park Lane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

If your looking for a hotel to stay at in London to celebrate a special occasion, I can highly recommend the Hilton on Park Lane. I requested an early check in which was granted. I requested an upgrade to celebrate my wedding anniversary and the hotel obliged - on the 26th floor with a fantastic view overlooking the park. I was also granted a late check out.
The receiption desk could not of been more helpful and all members of staff made us feel so welcome.

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I am delighted to read about your positive experience here with us on your wedding anniversary. We always try to go the extra mile for guests who are here celebrating with us, and I am very happy that you have shared this moment with us.

I have forwarded your kind words to the Front of House management team, who will be so pleased that their team has been so helpful during your stay.

Thank you very much once again, and I look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Napier
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

we stayed here as a family , great location , very freindly staff , clean and large room , we have stayed in alot of accommodation in london and found this one to be first class, we will be back and look forward to our next stay

Room Tip: A suite they are roomy
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your recent review.

I am so pleased to read about how our location, our rooms, and our staff were all very much to your satisfaction. It sounds like you have had a lot of experience with various properties throughout London, and I am honored that with your knowledge you have found us to be first class.

Thank you very much once again, and I very much look forward to having you and your family back with us in the future.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The Hilton Park Lane is one of London's premier hotels although not one of the city's best buildings - a skyscraper on the edge of Hyde Park! However, if you have a bedroom on a high floor the views are quite fantastic - its like being on the London Eye for as long as you stay!

We had rooms on the 23rd and 17th Floors - magnificent views of london including Hyde Park and the Queen's back garden at Buckingham Palace! With huge picture windows there is plenty of light and night and day you will marvel at the cityscape.

Rooms are modern with very comfortable beds and modern bathrooms.

Whilst in the "Expensive" league the hotel is certainly not luxurious when compared to the likes of the Ritz or Claridges, however you can not fault the staff - they are equally as obliging and well trained. The Hilton also does have the best views!

Breakfast is served on the ground floor and was also excellent. The surroundings are not "grand" however the food quality and choice was superb. Its the staff which make this a luxury hotel - at breakfast they do actually employ enough staff to ensure everything runs smoothly unlike so many 4 star hotels which now run staff on a tight budget.

For the magnificent views and good staff I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask or pay for the highest floor and ask to have a view of Hyde Park.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review.

I really like how you have worded your review, and if you see "like being on the London Eye for as long as you stay" cropping up in our advertising, well, you will know where we got the idea!

I am so pleased to read about how the views from the rooms, the choice and quality of the food at breakfast, and the hospitality of the staff were all so to your satisfaction. Thank you so much once again for your kind words, and I look forward to having you and yours back with us in the future.

Congleton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We arrived early but were dealt with so well & made to feel very welcome, the staff were really attentive & nothing was to much trouble. We were given a fantastic room on the 26th floor with far reaching views accros London.

Room Tip: I dont think you could go wrong with any room at this hotel, the views get better as you get higher.
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and review.

I am very happy to read that our team were so attentive when you arrived at the hotel early, and that your room and view were so pleasing for you. Nothing being too much trouble is exactly the type of mindset that we pride ourselves on providing, and I am so pleased that your experience has been a testament to this.

Thank you very much once again, and I do look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Crans-Montana, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Fantastic Location, noise from the traffic, updated furniture. Exceptional view on Hyde ParK (I was on the 26th floor). Pay attention if you are alone in the lift sometimes you might meet drunkers as there are many parties.
Room s are really large, elegant and confortable: a real 5 star hotel with
very kind and helpful personnel. Wifi in the room must be paid

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your concise review.

I am so pleased that you have had a pleasant stay here with us at the London Hilton on Park Lane, that the view was so to your liking, and that the service of the staff was so personal.

Thank you very much once again, and I do look forward to having you back with us in the future.

sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night in October, we were celebrating our anniversary and a rare night off from children.
Check in was very quick and friendly we were shown our room on the16th floor with magnificent views with huge windows we had a personalised anniversary card and a lovely bottle of champagne waiting....how lovely such a special touch.
Definitely get a room on the higher floors for the views.
Galvin bar on floor 28 is pleasant enough it's great for views drinks expensive and staff a bit rude and stuffy.
The hotel is immaculate.
Breakfast is fab, loads of choice from full English to continental to Japanese and excellent quality too. I would defintaly stay here again, great location for harrods, Harvey nics ect walking distance for sure.

Room Tip: Higher floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your recent review.

We always do our best to ensure that if a guest chooses to stay with us for a special occasion, that we show them that they have made the right choice. I am so happy that you have had such an enjoyable stay, and I do look forward to having you both with us again in the future.

London Hilton on Park Lane

Been to London Hilton on Park Lane? Share your experiences!