“Fantastic!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kingsway Hall Hotel

You added Kingsway Hall Hotel to your Saves list
Kingsway Hall Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   66 Great Queen Street, Covent Garden, London WC2B 5BX, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Offers & Announcements
FREE Breakfast on Weekend
Ranked #232 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here on 24 August for one night for my boyfriend's birthday. Without a doubt this is the best hotel in London we have stayed in. From the moment you arrive to a smiling receptionist nothing is too much trouble. We had requested a room on 1st or 2nd floor and were given this. I had mentioned we were staying for a birthday & we were upgraded to a deluxe bedroom with a huge kingsize bed. The room was spotless and had 2 comfy armchairs, tea/coffee facilities, lots of storage, a large bathroom with Molton Brown toiletries, the room had air con and a large flat screen tv. There was even a large umbrella in the room for us to use during our stay.
We had a drink in the bar before we went out & again the staff were all friendly & welcoming. As it was raining hard we decided to stay at the hotel for dinner. They had an offer for residents - 2 courses & a glass of Prosecco for £16 a head which we thought very good value.
We were going to see War Horse and this was literally a 3min walk from the hotel. Covent Garden is a 5min walk away & it took us about 20mins to walk to the south bank and to the London Eye, so it's a perfectly situated hotel.
We had breakfast included in our package and this was fantastic. There were plenty of cereals, yoghurt, breads, pastries, cheese & ham, fresh fruits, fruit juices and a buffet cooked breakfast with plenty of choice. Coffee & toast was also brought to us. It was really lovely & a perfect start to the day.
When we checked out our bags were stored free of charge for as long as we wanted & the doorman also hailed a cab for us.
The staff could not have been more welcoming or attentive, the food in the restaurant was lovely and the bar a lovely place to sit and enjoy a cocktail before heading out. We had a perfect stay here and without doubt will come back again & highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Andrew H, General Manager at Kingsway Hall Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Fairysugardust,

Thank you so much for your very kind words following your recent stay.

I have shared your feedback with the team and I am so pleased to read that you decided to stay with us and found the hotel to be ideal. All of the team try to provide a really high standard of service and your experience is such a motivator to read.

Hopefully, you will choose to stay at Kingsway Hall hotel in the future and I am at your service if you need to make a future reservation.

Thank you for using Tripadvisor !

Andrew Hollett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

A lovely hotel in the heart of theatre land. The room was clean and spacious the staff were very attentive and courteous especially a young bar man who worked in the lounge bar called Lucas, very helpful telling my wife and my self where all the sites to see locally. Breakfast was very good in a relaxed atmosphere. We highly recommend the Kingsway Hall hotel

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Glenn00,

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay and I have informed Lucas of your positive comments who was delighted to know he impressed you. I am so pleased to read that you decided to stay with us and found the hotel to be ideal for your trip.

Hopefully, you will choose to stay at Kingsway Hall hotel in the future and I hope you will continue to enjoy the hotels services.

North Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel for 3 nights and on arrival were up graded to a superior king room, the bed was huge and firm which was great. The air conditioning in the room worked well, there is some noise from the street below, but it wasn't a problem. The staff were very helpful and the breakfast was lovely, they have a buffet breakfast with scrambled eggs available, but you can ask for fried or poached eggs which they will cook to order. The staff at breakfast were attentive without being intrusive and kept us topped up with nice strong coffee!

We did have a problem with a bill which wasn't ours which we queried with reception staff and on checking the signature on the tab against my husbands provided on arrival they realised that it wasn't for us.

We will definitely stay at the hotel again due to it's convenient location, great rooms, staff and breakfast!

The hotel is in a great location for Covent Garden which is a short walk away as well as the theatre district. Holborn underground is just around the corner and there is a Wetherspoons near by for a reasonably priced drink!

Dear Rhian666,

Thank you for staying with us at the Kingsway Hall hotel and I am very pleased to read that you decided to stay with us and found the hotel to be ideal for your trip.

Do stay with us again and when you are planning another trip to London and I would be very pleased to assist you with the arrangements.

Delighted you chose to leave your views on Tripadvisor !

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and myself with our 18 year old daughter stayed here 1st of August as a treat for her birthday. The staff were lovely really helpful and knowledgeable about London and the local area,the rooms small but really nice and clean. There are, no views out of the windows, but how long do you spend in the room anyway. It is a short walk to Covent garden, 5 minutes max. cafes, markets, pubs, street entertainment, and the tube. I would stay again if I needed a hotel in London.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tina M,

Thank you for staying at Kingsway Hall hotel and I am very pleased to read that you decided to stay with us and I trust that your daughter enjoyed her stay too.

I appreciate your kind comments and have shared your feedback with my team who will be delighted to read your remarks and all the other helful comments they receive.

Hopefully, you will choose Kingsway Hall hotel again and I would be very pleased to assist you with the arrangements.

Tel-Aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Me and my wife spent in the Kingsway Hall 12 nights in August 2013 and we have both decided that our choice could not be better (we have been in London more than 10 times). There are many facets that justify any penny but what was very much important to us is: what happens if you need something extra and will the hotel folks be responsive - and luckily we had a few times Mr. Burak Furtun - the Rooms Division Manager to be there to welcome us and immediately address our concerns (always with a reply "no problem - we'll resolve it immediately"). I guarantee that after you stay there you'll approve any word of mine..

Arie & Rachel

Room Tip: Ask the staff to use Mini bar for storing your own items w/o being charged - the Hotel is very respo...
Dear Arie A,

Thank you for staying and enjoying Kingsway Hall hotel and I am delighted that my team and Burak Furtun in particular looked after you whilst you were with us.

Its gives us all great pleasure to know that you were happy with your trip and please do visit us again. I would be delighted to help you with a future reservation, should you need any assistance.

Kind regards and thank you for using Tripadvisor,

Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have stayed in several hotels in London and this is by far the best. The location is great, walking distance from Covent Garden, the Theatre District and other sights. Staff helpful and polite. We had a standard room on the top floor. Not overly large but certainly better than some of the rooms we have previously stayed in and with two comfy armchairs. Lots of storage.
Beware, the mini bar is automated so that if anything is removed it is automatically added to your bill so don't go moving things about in the fridge!
Will definitely stay again.

Dear Janet E ,

Thank you for staying and enjoying your visit to Kingsway Hall and I am very pleased to read that you found the hotel to be ideal for your trip. The minibar system is naturally sensitive and any queries are always dealt with swiftly by the team so other guests need have no concerns about overcharging.

I do hope that you will visit us again and thank you for using Tripadvisor.

Chorley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I travel to London on a weekly basis and to improve my location I decided to give the Kingsway Hall a try.
I was very impressed with the service both at the reception and in the lounge bar although the service charge in the bar is a little over the top.My room we very good and well furnished.
I will definatley stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ian T,

Thank you for staying with us and I have noted your comments about the lounge. I am very pleased that my team looked after you whilst you were at Kingsway Hall Hotel.

Please do visit us again and thank you for using Tripadvisor.

Andrew Hollett

Been to Kingsway Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!