“Great location, but I booked a tiny room.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park

You added DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Bayswater Road, London W2 4RT, England (Formerly Ramada London Hyde Park) (Notting Hill)   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 20%
Ranked #251 of 1,050 Hotels in London
New York City, New York
“Great location, but I booked a tiny room.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here for over a week while in London on business. The location is superb. Its right across the street from Kenningston Gardens and Hyde Park~ a perfect location for morning jogs. The Bayswater neighborhood is also fun with an organic grocery store and plenty of tube stations. I booked a single room and it was teeny tiny. The gym is also small. Over all though I was happy with the property and would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Worthing
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Friendly staff, nice looking hotel and rooms.
Downside our bathroom was a bit smelly(drains) I should say something but I left It till we checked out.
Nice area and underground is very close (Queensway 4min walk) or have a nice walk through Hyde park and take Lancaster Underground station;)
Would recommend and I would go back there!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was in business trip and had to spend my weekend and bank holiday in London. Spent 4 nights here(changed name to Doubletree by Hilton Hyde Park) and I love every single thing about this hotel. The room is a bit small but understandable as it's London. The room decoration, facilities and bathroom(most important thing to me) are very modern and in good condition.
I loved the location. It is just in front of Hyde Park and Kensington Park(just 30sec on walk) and near to Oxford street which is very convenient for shopping. Very closed to Tube station and you can catch most of buses heading to main places in London at bus stop right front of Hotel. You can walk to Nothing Hill gate,too. There is nothing to complain about location. Finally, the friendly staff! All of them are very supportive and helpful. I didn't fancy Breakfast menu though. It was bit blunt and simple, but I don't eat much at Breakfast, so It didn't bother me at all.
I really had good stays here and definitely would stay here again.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
RichardMackie-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Yoo jung L,

Thank you very much for the positive review and kind comments following your recent stay. I am delighted to read about your experience and how much you enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

There are two Hiltons on Bayswater Rd and this property is fronted by a charming restaurant called Urban meadow. Taxi insisted the Other Hilton was the correct address and after a flight from Sydney I wasn't sure of anything. Easily fixed, short walk with Other Hilton person managing my luggage.

Hotel is comfortable relatively minimalist in the foyer though the cookie is a nice homely touch. Bed very comfy, shower very good. Toilet would benefit from actual leg room. I am tall with arthritis and I hadn't anticipated needing to rest my feet in the shelves of the washstand! Cleaning is great, staff very helpful. Check-in and out was efficient and very pleasant, and I really appreciated that my room was ready on arrival because the trip from Sydney to London is very tiring. I'd stay again. Wi-Fi was fast and free

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Dear doneworkingAustralia,

Thank you for taking the time to post the review about your recent stay. I am pleased that you had a positive overall experience, particularly in regards to our helpful and pleasant staff, comfortable bed and our signature DoubleTree cookie upon arrival.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed for a week in April , the hotel is very pleasant & quite , room is clean & Wifi is very good.. Hotel is near Notting Hill gate & Queensway subways. Kensington Gardens are across the street & close to Hyde Park too .. Reception Team was very friendly & cooperative & the hot cookies r very delicious too ..

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Rania S ,

Thank you for your first ever TripAdvisor review! It is great to read the positive review about your stay with us and I am pleased our location worked so well for you and that you were welcomed by our friendly reception team and enjoyed the signature DoubleTree cookies!

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We just returned from 10 days in London, Bruges and Paris. We were using points so chose the Doubletree over the Hyde Park Hilton because you got way more for your points. The two hotels are only a few blocks from each other so the location is relatively the same. However, for the same points we were able to get a king sized room at the Doubletree whereas at the Hilton (for the same amount of points) you only got a double bed. As in the U.S. you're greeted with a warm cookie when you check in (or anytime you wanted one!) which my husband loved!

Located across from Hyde Park and Kensington Palace, great for long walks or if you're a runner you'll be in heaven. Very easy to get to by the Tube from the airport (taxi would've cost a fortune) only took about 20 minutes. The London traffic is THE WORST of any place I've ever been!

The rooms were recently renovated, very modern and clean. I really cannot think of one bad thing to say about this property. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Alexama,

What a delightful review about your recent stay! I am so pleased you enjoyed your experience with us and were able to take advantage of the DoubleTree benefits of a king bed and signature cookies using your points!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Somerset, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

very clean and comfortable room air con very noisy which they rectified for the second nights stay. found the addional charge for breakfast bit off putting as we paid an enormous amount for the room anyway you would think the breakfast would be thrown in. THE BREAKFAST FOR £12.50 was a bit steep but there you go must be because its London found breakfast in different hotels far better. not even any marmalade even asking for it gave a blank .

Room Tip: ask for large shower room
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Dear diddy394,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed the clean and comfortable room. I apologise that we did not meet your expectations in regards to the shower size – we do have a variety of rooms and can allocate a different one for any future stays! I am sorry that you were let down with your service experience at breakfast. I have spoken to the Urban Meadow General Manager about your comments for discussion with his team.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Richard Mackie

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!