“Clean, quiet and easy to reach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park

You added DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Bayswater Road, London W2 4RT, England (Formerly Ramada London Hyde Park) (Notting Hill)   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #250 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Clean, quiet and easy to reach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

If you are visiting west London and need a relatively basic hotel then this is an ideal candidate. We spent three nights here a few weeks ago and it was a very enjoyable stay. It was very quiet, very clean and easy to get to. The nearest tube station is less than 5 minute’s walk, it is right across the road from Kensington Gardens so ideally situated for the Palace (having gone there I would suggest not wasting your money) and Hyde Park. A 10 minute walk to the west takes you into Notting Hill. We had a standard room which is relatively compact but is ideal if you just want the basics that a traveller does – clean, comfy bed, clean shower and bathroom and a Nespresso coffee machine; the latter should become mandatory by law. The dining room is nothing special, it’s basically a high street café but there are plenty of places within walking distance.
Like most hotels in London the rates seem to vary hugely so it is worth watching the trend for a few weeks if you can as ours worked out very competitively. For a similar price I would definitely go back and stay again.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
RichardMackie-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park, responded to this review, today
Dear Baggley,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed the overall experience in our very quiet, very clean and easy to get to location. It is great to read that you enjoyed the room, particularly the Nespresso machine!

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Richard Mackie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel offers an excellent place of stay, when it comes to its location, price and public transport. It is one of my favourite hotels in London and I warmly recommend it. The latest is that they now offer a chocolate cookie at check-in, which was quite strange, as that was the first time food was offered to me while I was tucking away my credit card and trying to find out where my room was. The check in went smooth, so was the check-out. The reception area is a little crowded and tucked in a corner, while the lobby is wide, luminous and there are not many seats available. There are also toilets close to the reception. The restaurant is spacious, never busy and seems to have a wide variety of choices on the menu, as well as a separate sitting area for coffee/tea. If sunny, I would recommend sitting as close as possible to the window. Rooms are very clean and I was amazed how big the bathroom was, probably half the size of my room. The room has all the necessary amenities and large windows. The room, at least mine, was quiet, though I guess rooms facing the street may be noisier. Room service was quick, food tasty and I didn’t find it expensive at all. I also had lunch in the restaurant and again the service was quick, food good, even though I did not enjoy my choice. When I booked the hotel I was given the option to request late check out and I was allowed to stay for an additional three hours after the 12 o’clock check out time. It is therefore worth asking if this is possible. The only problem with this hotel is that some of the staff members do not behave professionally. For instance, when I went to the reception, the lady on duty had the most evil look, as she was judging the person in front of her. I don’t think she was aware of how she starred with a very harsh look on her face. When a guest came to leave something with her, her whole persona became a forced fake “thank you”. I am not saying people should be extremely kind, smiley and happy, but she looked like she did not belong in the reception. The same goes for some of the restaurant staff. Especially the younger ones behave as if they are in a club, hanging over the bar, laughing, talking, not paying attention. I am not saying this hotel is bad in any way, I would still stay there and I highly recommend it, but this kind of staff puts me off and makes me think that they do not value the reputation of the hotel or the job they are doing.

Room Tip: Late check out possible. Room service, worth it and not too expensive. If sunny, sit near the wi...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Dear InaF,

Thank you for taking the time to post the detailed review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read your overall comments, particularly about the signature DoubleTree cookie upon arrival, our great location and the room quality.

I was disappointed to read your feedback about some of our team members and I sincerely apologise as this is not at all indicative of the high standard of service we strive towards. This has been discussed with the Department Heads in order to address with all our team members.

I am pleased that you would still stay here and highly recommend us. I do hope we can welcome you back again very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed as a late valentines break and would definitely return. A few underground stops from Euston station but the complimentary warm cookies we received at check in made it more than worth it! Reception staff were great and we were offered an upgrade for just £10 which we did. The king room was lovely and had everything and more than what we needed, although I can imagine the basic doubles would be quite small. The hotel was extremely clean and stylish. As we only expected Breakfast in the morning to be a continental the large buffet was a welcome surprise! I would definitely recommend to all and wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
RichardMackie-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Lauren B,

Thank you for taking the time to post the positive review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read your comments, particularly about our great staff, the signature DoubleTree cookie upon arrival and that you enjoyed the upgraded room.

I am extremely happy that you would definitely recommend us and we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Enjoyed a couple of nights at this hotel this weekend.Good location not far from Queensway tube on the Central line. Rooms were well appointed and I found the service very good. We opted for the breakfast and were not disappointed. Freshly cooked full English, lovely pastries and fruit. Would definitely use again.

Stayed February 2015
RichardMackie-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear KernowLad,

Thank you for the positive review of your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed our good location, well appointed rooms and the breakfast in Urban Meadow.

I am pleased to read that you would definitely use us again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Delfgauw, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Very good and nice hotel. Rooms are clean and very nice. Staff is helpful. Close to attractions and public transport. Tourist bus in front of the hotel. Bathroom very small. Beds are good and linens very good. Would go back to the hotel. Bayswater Road is good connection.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear JustusvanHoegee,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. It is great to read about your experience and I am glad you enjoyed the room, staff and location.

I am pleased that you will return to stay with us again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Second visit to this hotel. Has been redecorated since last visit and is now fresh and modern. Great room, fresh and clean, and superb beds with really comfy pillows.
Good service at the front desk.
Breakfast was good. Well at least the variety off food. But what the breakfast didn't lack in food, the staff lacked in service. Grumpy staff, smashing tea cups on the table when passing the table. Didn't have time to hear the whole question when we asked for another kind of tea and moaned when we asked for an extra teaspoon. Can we suggest a course in smiling?
Next time we stay here we'll skip breakfast

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Dear elipse,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am pleased to read your comments about the superb beds and comfy pillows!

I apologise that we let you down during your breakfast experience on this occasion and your comments have been forwarded to the Urban Meadow General Manager to address.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is my 2nd DoubleTree this week. The cookie tastes different in every DTbH i visited, I wonder why. The reception was very friendly and welcoming. The reception area is very narrow, 3 workplaces allow little space for 3 consecutive guests to be processed. The room was very comfortable, as expected from a DoubleTree. Bed was exceptional. Bathroom nice and clean. Iron and board in room, very important feature for me as business traveller. Room service excellent and fast. The 28 days sirloin was great quality food including fantastic french fries. One thing, truly great in DoubleTree hotels, you may turn off ALL lights from the bed. Extremely satisfying for me, very few hotels offer this feature. The location of the hotel is great, with great restaurants, Hyde Park and Notting Hill district nearby, great for walks and eating out.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dear RobyGlobal ,

What a delight to read your review ‘Business traveller's heaven’! I am delighted to read your comments, particularly about our exceptional beds, excellent room service and our great location.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Richard Mackie

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!