It was my first time staying in Doubletree in London as I stayed in Hilton Hyde Park down the road the last time. My first impression was better than Hilton Hyde Park as it gave me a feeling of brightness compared to the latter. Other hotels were dark and old especially in London hotels, but the hotel lobby is bright and clean cut. The check in area was a bit cramp though.
Location was great as it was in between 2 tube stations. Opposite was the Kensington Gardens, good for strolls and Portobello Market was just 5-10 mins walk. There were many eateries around too.
Room was average. Eventhough I was put in the Hilton Honors floor, the view was just shrubs and concrete. I always requested high floor and i was surprised that Hilton Honors floor was in the 3rd floor instead of 5th floor. I should think the 5th floor has better view. But the bed were very comfortable and I had a good sleep on it.
Breakfast was simple and good. The cafe that served breakfast had a good ambience.
The only set back was there were a group of people talking loudly at the corridor past 12 midnight and people tend not to close their room door gently and therefore you will hear a lot of door slamming at different times. Can be pretty annoying. Some hotels are ok. I guess must be the structure of the door.
Overall, I would give this hotel a miss the next time as after this hotel, I went further down the road and stayed at Hilton Kensington Park which I will review soon. This was a much better hotel to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to DoubleTree by Hilton London - Hyde Park. Superbly located opposite Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens and just 400 meters from either Queensway or Bayswater Underground stations, our warm and welcoming hotel offers close proximity to popular London attractions including the West End theatre district and Madame Tussauds. Enjoy fantastic shopping opportunities at nearby Oxford Street or hire a pedalo at the Serpentine boating lake in Hyde Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Agoda so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Ramada Hotel Hyde Park
- Hyde Park Ramada
- London Ramada
- DoubleTree By Hilton - London Hyde Park England