“Great, well located hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park

You added DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   150 Bayswater Road, London W2 4RT, England (Formerly Ramada London Hyde Park) (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #237 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great, well located hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights at this hotel and left entirely happy. Location was great for accessing west and central London with the Queensway tube station 5 minutes away. The rooms are not huge but finished to a high specification. Nice touches were the Samsung TV that I could plug in to, iPhone dock and the Nespresso coffee machine is a nice touch. All the staff I encountered were polite and helpful.

On the downside I felt the staff knew less than me about London so when trying to plan transport it was quicker to do it myself on my phone. The rooms were noisy, you can hear everything going on in the corridors and 1 night I could hear my neighbour snoring loudly. neither of these things disburbed my stay but were annoying.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
RichardMackie-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear EuroBen,

Thank you for your positive review following your stay with us in March.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable 3 night stay with us and in particular were impressed by the quality of our rooms and our staff.

I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Richard Mackie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Cheshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is the sort of hotel that you will choose when your preferred hotels are fully booked and you need to find a room. The Hilton Doubletree badge gives you an assurance as to amenities and accommodation standard, but this hotel feels like it's at the entry level for the Brand. Not a bad hotel, but just doesn't quite manage to deliver a wow factor for any aspect. If you don't plan to spend long in your hotel room, want to have easy tube access, and if your visit to London is for an event at Hyde Park or Oxford Street, then this Hotel will do just fine. Queensway tube is a very short walk, you can enter Hyde Park directly across from the hotel. In ten minutes you will be at the Marble Arch end of Oxford Street for the shops. You're on a very busy road, but insulated well from traffic noise. My room was facing onto the road and didn't get disturbed by noise. Breakfast was a self serve style. A rather grumpy supervisor was telling off a junior colleague in front of guests which dampened the mood some what! Arrive at the hotel with expectations of clean, comfortable and OK, and your requirements should be met.

Dear Autobiography88,

Thank you for posting a review following your stay with us in March.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and that you found your room to be quiet and the hotel to be clean and comfortable.

Your feedback in terms of your overall experience is invaluable to us as we strive to continuously improve, and will be shared with the team.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future. Please do contact me directly if you are making a booking.

Grangemouth, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed 14 - 17 March. After reading previous reviews that mentioned the hotel entrance was to the side of the hotel, we found it easily. We used Queensway tube station, exited, turned right then right again; you are then on the Bayswater Road and just keep following your nose. The hotel has an outside seating area and a pink neon "Café" sign in the restaurant window so look out for those and you can't miss it. Approx. 500 mtrs walk from tube. Check in was quick and while the hotel room was small, it was perfectly appointed, spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfortable. Lovely toiletries, replenished daily and it's up to you how often you want the towels changed. Big hotel rooms in London are a bit of a rarity. Our room (257) was looking out to a side street and quiet at night which was great after a tiring day sight-seeing. The restaurant is "no frills" but the breakfast buffet was fresh and hot and dishes were kept topped up and didn't run out. We stoked up for the day and enjoyed it. The waiting staff were pleasant but were run off their feet. We solved the issue of waiting for coffee or orange juice by helping ourselves and nobody reprimanded us for this. I also turned the toaster up a bit to save having to put my bread through twice. No problem! Also worth mentioning was the air-con/heating worked well and was quiet. We loved the location opposite Kensington Gardens and enjoyed a stroll both there and through the adjoining Hyde Park. We were blessed with beautiful warm spring weather so that was a big bonus. In the immediate vicinity of Queensway tube station there are plenty restaurants of all nationalities, from Chinese to Lebanese, Italian to pub grub. You will also find a large shopping mall here with all the usual high street outlets. We have previously stayed at the Hilton Tower Bridge, which is a "proper" Hilton and was top notch but you pay for it through the nose due to the location. As it's so easy to get around the city on the tube (we have Oyster Cards which are a must) we felt this hotel was the better of the two for value for money. We had no complaints and would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side street are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear bee cameron,

Thank you very much for posting a review following your stay with us in March.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience , in particular the quality and quietness of the room , the toiletries, and the friendliness of our breakfast team.. I am also pleased that you were able to make the most of our fantastic location opposite Hyde Park.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Having been a hilton honorary member i would have expected a little more. The hotel itself was fine. Clean, and fair sized. Slightly disappointed with the fact the hotel has rooms on the ground floor where you cannot even open the curtains as people can see inside.

Furthermore when trying to shower/wash my face on Sunday morning we found the shower was very cold. We checked out and spoke to reception who said it was scheduled maintenance work. Something that was failed to mention.

For the price i paid. I highly doubt i will be staying again, its common sense/courtesy to let guests know of a situation like this. Myself and my partner would have happily showered the evening before if we had known this.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear rinapopat 171,

Thank you for posting your review from your stay last October.

Please accept my apologies that your experience did not meet your expectations; in particular the issue with cold water.

We would welcome the opportunity to show you that this was a one off issue and to give you the experience you would have expected on your last stay. Please do contact me if you would like to book a room on your visit to London.

With kind regards

Gateshead
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

The hotel was nothing special but the location was good. We struggled to find it despite printing off a map. We got the tube to Queensway and walked along Bayswater Road but the signage is on the side street, not the main road, so we missed it and ended up at Notting Hill Gate and having to walk back. On mentioning it to reception she told me that a lot of people complained about this but nothing had been done to remedy it. The reception staff were fine and we loved the hot cookies. The room was average - nice but nothing special. We only ate in the hotel for breakfast and whilst the quality of the food was ok, the service was awful. We sat at a table and struggled to attract anyone's attention for at least 10 minutes to get a cup of coffee. It would have been preferable if they had allowed people to self serve, but instead the restaurant staff bring over a flask of coffee and serve each cup individually. We stayed two nights and the second day was no better. Even when you did manage to attract someone's attention, they were quite abrupt. The hotel is well located opposite Kensington Gardens so great for a walk or a jog before breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Lesley D,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us in March.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our signature Doubletree cookie on arrival and enjoyed the location , despite the difficulty in locating the hotel on arrival which we have noted.

Please accept my apologies that your breakfast experience did not meet your expecations on either morning of your stay.

We hope to welcome you back in the future - please do contact me directly if you would like to make a booking.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The room was small--the big bed took up almost all of the space--and it didn't smell all that fresh. Front desk staff weren't as friendly or helpful as expected. I won't go back unless I get a great deal on the room.

The location is great if you want to explore the park or the residential neighborhood--there's a beautiful Greek Orthodox cathedral a few blocks away. Short walk to several different tube stations (one of them only accessible by lift, but the wait wasn't long).

If your Hilton Honors status offers you a free breakfast, go ahead and take advantage of it. The selection is good and the breakfast staff friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: If you're a Hilton Honors member ask for an upgrade, and you might get a nice view. My upgraded...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Interested01,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at the hotel.

I was disappointed to read that your room did not smell fresh and you did not find out front desk team to be as helpful as expected. Thank you for your positive comment about our breakfast and our fantastic location.

If you would like to contact me directly the next time you are travelling to london I would be delighted to try to improve your overall experience on a future stay.

Sandbach, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The last time I stayed here it was a building site but now that the work is finished it is much improved. Clean and well-decorated with a light foyer and good cafe which did a great breakfast although the porridge could be a bit less watery. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. My room was excellent and the only thing missing was a dressing gown. I appreciated the free wifi not available in all Hilton hotels. My room was surprisingly quiet despite on the ground floor next to the car park. Express checkout was no problem and you are close to the Tube and Hyde Park.

Dear greenerfingers,

Thank you for posting your positive review following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our newly refurbished hotel and in particular our rooms , Urban Meadow Cafe, our friendly staff, free wi-fi and our fantastic location.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Richard Mackie

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!