I stayed one night... that was enough. I requested an accessible room as I was on crutches. When I saw the room I asked if they had a REFURBISHED accessible room, and was told they were being done last (thanks for that!). I then said, I'll cope stepping into a bath - just give me a refurbished room. I was then told that was the only room they had. I find that hard to believe as the hotel was not busy when I was there.
Outside my room window (when I went to investigate why the curtains were blowing in a breeze -- only to find the window wasn't actually open, just falling apart) I could see something directly outside. In the morning, when I was woken up at 7am but raucous shouting from the builders, I could see it was a skip full of old bits of the building. Then the drilling and hammering began. By 8am I was out of there to try to get some breakfast.
The breakfast at the hotel was overpriced, and frankly I wouldn't have trusted its quality or safety. So I made it around the corner to Bayswater Road where there was an emergency McDonalds.
This hotel is dire. The rooms that have not been refurbished should not be being sold. When asked how my stay was at check-out I laughed. The bed was springy (I could hear it ping) and sunk in the middle, the bathroom was from the 1980s, the whole thing needing ripped out. I asked how long it has been a DoubleTree and was told flatly "we're not yet a double tree". That's funny, cos everywhere you look there are signs saying otherwise, a hhonors check-in desk, and on the doubleteee website where I booked it based on the lovely room photos. Did someone say Trade Descriptions Act...?
I've finally had it with Hilton. I'm cutting up that hhonors card.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada London Hyde Park Hotel
- Ramada London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Ramada Hotel Hyde Park
- Hyde Park Ramada
- Ramada Hyde Park
- Ramada London
- London Ramada
- DoubleTree By Hilton - London Hyde Park England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the London Hyde Park Hotel. Superbly located opposite Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens and just 400 meters from either Queensway or Bayswater Underground stations, our warm and welcoming Hyde Park hotel offers close proximity to popular London attractions including the West End theater district and Madame Tussauds. Enjoy fantastic shopping opportunities at nearby Oxford Street or hire a pedalo at the Serpentine boating lake in Hyde Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Expedia, Agoda, Otel, Priceline, Venere, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.