... that's what you would like to do as you check into your room. Contractors scaffolding literally abuts your window. However, as the window is jammed shut any friendly jesture is restricted to a wave as the builders clatter by.
You've read the other reviews and you may be wondering what's going on. The place is in the process of a significant - and necessary refurb. Cant tell you about the 'done over' rooms but can comment on the 'still to do' rooms and the fabric of the Hotel generally.
Our room was small with a big TV. The bathroom was very small - impossible to face the basin and mirror. It was also insanitary with black mould and grunge a plenty. The rooms aircon was quirky, noisy and not especially effective.
The hotel fabric overall was tired to the point of comatose. Some bits were dangerous (crumbling step to front entrance). I understand the place is presently run by a Hilton associate and due to fall into the Hilton family proper in a month or two's time.
There is a lot to like about this Hotel - it's position opposite Kensington Gardens is superb - for the Place, the Museums, for West/Central London, for Portabella Rd, for buzzy' Notting Hill Gate is one stroll away or Queensway is in the other direction. Staff are friendly and efficient - they don't deserve this substandard Hotel. Beds are comfortable. Breakfast ok. Pleasant walk to some good ethnic restaurants (see separate reviews).
But at present it aint 4 star. It aint value for money and Hilton is probably going to have to address a reputation issue on takeover and after refurbishment.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada London Hyde Park Hotel
- Ramada London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Ramada Hotel Hyde Park
- Hyde Park Ramada
- Ramada Hyde Park
- Ramada London
- London Ramada
- DoubleTree By Hilton - London Hyde Park England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the London Hyde Park Hotel. Superbly located opposite Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens and just 400 meters from either Queensway or Bayswater Underground stations, our warm and welcoming Hyde Park hotel offers close proximity to popular London attractions including the West End theater district and Madame Tussauds. Enjoy fantastic shopping opportunities at nearby Oxford Street or hire a pedalo at the Serpentine boating lake in Hyde Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, Venere, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton - London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.