“Expensive and basic” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing

You added DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2-8 Hanger Lane, London W5 3HN, England (Formerly Ramada London Ealing)   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #181 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and myself have just returned from a two night stay at this hotel.
No problems with checkin/ checkout, the staff really are so friendly&attentive,they can't do enough.
Breakfast is a choice of full English- highly recommended- or continental.
We weren't so impressed with dinner,although you expect to pay slightly more in a hotel it really is overpriced for what you get.
The problems we found lie in the rooms.
Our room had no working air con or heating and no attempt to get it worked solved the problem. We couldn't keep the window open to get round this as there was loud music booming from a room somewhere else in the hotel.
The rooms in general seem quite dated and in need of brightening up.
However I'm told the hotel is in the process of being refurbished and is indeed to become part of the Hilton chain. This is a very positive step and with the right refurbishment I see a bright future for this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Very nice hotel if you don't want to stay in the centre. Relatively spacious rooms, very good breakfast, easy access to the centre with the Picadilly and District lines, Station two minutes away. Friendly stuff, I would like especially to thank Anjali at the reception, who helped me several times! If only they had Wi-fi in the rooms...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
RLEIK, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Katia S

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay.

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback from our guests. I am happy to note that you enjoyed your stay at The London Ealing Hotel.

Please be assured that your comments will be shared with the team.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Ilhan Kose
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Staying here for the weekend for a wedding.before arriving as usual I check the reviews on here to see what previous guests have to say about the hotel but from experience also know that everybody's expectations are very different.check in was quick the room was ready and the staff very pleasant,happy and professional.I stayed in room 218 which was clean and tidy if a bit dated but I understand the hotel is undergoing refurbishment and expect this to change.saying that I mostly only ever use a hotel to sleep,shower and change and I am not to bothered by decoration.I had an evening meal in the hotel restaurant which was beautiful and overheard a few people say how lovely the food was.the service was excellent and staff brilliant.the breakfast was of a good select fruits,cereal,cooked and was good.just help yourself everything to set you up for the day.again the staff were brilliant.one young member of staff asked what I was doing that day.she offered directions and advice for the day which was much appreciated.I think staff that take the time to converse with are friendly to and have good local knowledge are an asset to any hotel.I have one more night to stay at the hotel but so far am so pleased I wanted to put a review on here now.thank you to all the staff its a big thumbs up from me. Steve.c

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Stevec40

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay.

Please be assured that your comments will be shared with the team.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Ilhan Kose
Yorkshire, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

It's is actually not such a bad hotel. Perhaps the rooms could do with a bit of refreshing, particularly in the bathrooms which are starting to look tired. However, the communal areas are pleasant enough, the staff are friendly, and the breakfast is fine.

Not so fine was the clientele when I stayed there in late September. There was a very large, out-of-control group of young Italian students. I started my evening after dinner by sitting in the quiet bar area for a drink. A few minutes later, the entire area was swamped by this group and their adult leaders. They didn't order any food or have anything to drink. They just grabbed all the available chairs and dragged them across into a huge huddle. The TV which I was watching was quickly appropriated and the Italian football was put on.

Then when I went off to bed, I barely managed to get 5 minutes of sleep at a time, the youngsters running riot all over the hotel, showing absolutely no respect or consideration for other guests. When I complained on check-out, I was told that they were over for a short course and would be leaving soon.

Unfortunately the hotel showed that they were unable to manage a situation where they are housing such groups together with individual business travellers, and I would be unwilling to take the risk of staying here in the future.

When staying at a hotel with business meetings the following day, a good night's sleep is the absolute minimum that I demand, and the London Ealing Hotel cannot guarantee me that.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
RLEIK, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Rybblevalley

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay.

The London Ealing Hotel has always prided itself in ensuring that our guests have the feeling of it being a home away from home. Our main aim is guest satisfaction and quality delivery. We do take our guests and their wellbeing very seriously and always hope to meet the guest's expectations.

I am sorry to note that you were not satisfied with your overall stay especially with the student group staying at the hotel. I would like to assure that every effort was made on part of the hotel to communicate to the Teachers to ensure minimum disturbance. I am afraid the effort we put in was not enough specially that you were disturbed by them and I sincerely apologise for this and would like to assure that we have reviewed our decision when it comes to taking such groups.

Over the next 8 months the hotel is going to go through an exciting time of development and major refurbishment resulting in a re-brand to Double Tree by Hilton in May 2013.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again and kindly ask you to drop me an email when you next stay with us so that I can make it up further to you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The London Ealing Hotel in the near future.

Anupreet Jeetun
Front Office Manager

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton London Ealing? Share your experiences!