“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental London Park Lane

You added InterContinental London Park Lane to your Saves list
InterContinental London Park Lane
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   One Hamilton Place | Park Lane, London W1J 7QY, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #129 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Punta del Este, Uruguay
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I usually do not go to big hotels when travelling alone. It was a great surprise the excellent service, the nice room and the lounge on 7th floor, with a beautiful view of Green Park. My next time in London will of course be in this hotel. The concierge service deserves a special mention: simply wonderful!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view to the park.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Traveler378,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will certainly pass your kind words to our concierge team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Vail, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

It's all down hill from there. Exterior dull. Rooms tired and small. Service --not so good. We booked a triple only to find upon arrival one king size bed. We spent the rest of the day trying to get someone to bring up a bed--which should have been in the room when we arrived. The bed finally arrived as did a note from Laura apologizing for problem. The amenities that were put in our room--rock hard pears & boxed cookies--did not make up for the total inconvenience. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: don't try to book a triple--there isn't such a thing. They shove a sagging rollaway in to a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear kvp53,

Thank you for your review at Trip Advisor.

We have also just received your online survey and will be sending you a private message shortly.

Kind regards,

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Wonderful location just steps to the park, shopping and Buckingham Palace. Top notch service and amenities ... including one of the best spas in London. Particularly good amenities for InterContinental platinum guests.

Room Tip: Breakfast in the Club dining room may afford you a glimpse of the Queens horses being led for the ch...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear GinaSamarotto,

Thank you for your posting here on Trip Advisor.

I was very pleased to read your review. Comments like this help us motivate our team and achieve greater heights.

Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Excellent location. Rooms were small but well equipped. I didn't use the restaurant as I still find 35GBP for breakfast eye watering given I can walk to Pret-a-Manager down the road in 5 mins. Still it's a good business hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear LSBHK,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. London is truly a remarkable city, and I could not agree with you more that the location of the hotel is in a perfect setting to explore all what the city has to offer.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental London Park Lane.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I'm a big fan of IHG hotels. HI express is generally great value and most Holiday Inns are comfortable mid range venues so we were really hoping that the cost of this hotel would provide a real 'wow factor' - it didn't. As an Ambassador member I am guaranteed an upgrade- frankly, I am not convinced that I received this even though I questioned it.

The room's housekeeping had not been completed properly. There was no shower curtain, the bed was not fully made up and our welcome fruit and drink and 'free gift' were not there. The gift never did materialise. The room was clean and had a pleasant view but it just wasn't exceptional and a shared bath/shower is surprising at this price.

We've been privileged to stay at The Park Lane Hilton too, and the room there was simply stunning whereas this one was really just 'OK'.

Cigarette smoke could be smelled through the air con (I suspect from a neighbouring room)- but the hotel seemed powerless to do anything about it.

We paid extra for Club Lounge access and that was really quite nice- but again, we had a better experience at the similar arrangement at the Hilton.

What you appear to be paying for here is the staff. They really cannot do enough for you. For example, I returned from a run and the doorman offers to get you a bottle of water. Great touches, but I've had service like this at much more modest hotels. They do make time for you and I assume that the market justifies the hotel price, but I'm just not sure that I can.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Colin L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and for choosing InterContinental London Park Lane for your recent stay.

Further to you query I can confirm that you have been upgraded from the Deluxe room booked to an Executive type as part of your Ambassador benefits. However, I would like to apologies for the shortcomings you have encountered during your stay. Please be assured this is not indicative of our usual standards.

I appreciate you kind words about our employees. I will surely be sharing them with team.

I do hope we will get the chance to welcome you back to InterContinental London Park Lane in the near future.

Warm regards,

FRESNO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Great location, by tube station. Excellent service by all employees. We were met at the door where they walked us into the reception area. Very comfortable room and a mirror in the bathroom which is heated from behind to defrost itself. Nice lounge scene for after Theater cocktails.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear N252FA,

Thank you for sharing your experience at InterContinental London Park Lane. It is always great to receive positive comments about the hotel and the team.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to London.

Kind regards,

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed this luxury afternoon tea with vanilla and cardamom infused Champagne ….truly delicious !
The presentation was delightful, the staff attentive and friendly and no pressure at all …just a lovely relaxing afternoon with delicious dainty open sandwiches and freshly baked scones and terrific cakes all served with a variety of iconic teas …….. a must do when in London

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear mollycatScotland,

Thank you for sending us your kind feedback about afternoon tea and for choosing InterContinental London Park Lane . Our aim is to provide our guest with memorable experiences and I am delighted to learn that we were able to leave a positive impression.

We trust that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Director of Rooms

Been to InterContinental London Park Lane? Share your experiences!