Had a wonderful stay, nothing was too much trouble, checked in early, checked out late with no issues. Booking the reservation as a special occasion (Investiture) through central reservations was a little long winded but we did get a free night, so worth it in the end. The room (rooms; we had three in total) was compact but well appointed and spotless. From the moment we arrived to be greeted by the doormen the level of service was faultless. A little out of our comfort zone in a 5 star hotel we were made to feel very welcome and didn't feel out of place. We ate in the Cookbook Café on the first night, superb meal, reasonably priced (for London), excellent presentation and very tasty. We used the bar on both nights, again outstanding service (though with a service charge for everything), some great cocktails (try the Poor Mans Punch), a nice place to relax and from observation clearly a good place to conduct business meetings. The most memorable event was Afternoon Tea in the Wellington Lounge - unforgettable - we had the Royal Tea - outstanding. Breakfast was excellent, with a vast array of choices. The Concierge desk were great, reception staff very helpful and everyone we spoke to (including the domestic staff we met in the corridor) was so friendly and polite. Minor gripes; as a special occasion and booked as such, a free glass of champagne wouldn't have gone amiss, but the most annoying thing was the WiFi charge (min £15 a day) - unnecessary in this day and age. No it wasn't cheap, but you get what you pay for. If you're planning a special occasion/visit to London, I recommend that you treat yourself to a stay in this hotel and do it in style.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once the site of a royal residence, InterContinental London Park Lane is now the epitome of modern elegance. Located between Mayfair and Knightsbridge in view of Buckingham Palace, the hotel is not far from the Tower of London, Big Ben and Trafalgar Square. Also worth seeing is the Victoria and Albert Museum, Madame Tussauds and The National Portrait Gallery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your InterContinental London Park Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel London
- InterContinental London Park Lane England