“Excellent hotel ballroom” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental London Park Lane

You added InterContinental London Park Lane to your Saves list
InterContinental London Park Lane
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   One Hamilton Place | Park Lane, London W1J 7QY, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #130 of 1,065 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel ballroom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I attended the Kenya National Day in the ballroom and wow what a huge, fantastic, upmarket space with excellent cloakroom and washroom facilities and lovely separate entrance. A very special hotel and place!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Saz S

Thank you for writing a review about your visit. We highly appreciate our guests’ comments. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the wonderful event that was held at the ballroom of InterContinental London Park Lane.

We trust that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Kind regards

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed 1 night in the Deluxe room looking over the park on a short shopping trip in London. I have no complains what so ever.

Staff were friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and modern looking. Bathroom was clean too. I was particularly impressed with the internet connection since usually this is pretty poor in most hotels (PS. I was on the 7th floor).

Breakfast was fine, plenty to chose from and service was good too. The hotel is at a good location, it takes 15 minutes to walk to Harrods and 15 minutes in the opposite direction to Oxford street.

There's valet parking so no need to worry about that. Before anyone say it, yes maybe it's a little pricey for breakfast, parking etc... but I believe you get what you pay for and in the end I didn't mind the price because the stay was great. I paid similar prices with the Marriott near Oxford street and I think InterC just edge it so I will probably stay here again if the opportunity arises.

Good luck!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the park!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear LostDPlot,

It was with great pleasure that I received your candid comments, for which I would like to thank you. I am delighted to hear that our service and facilities met your expectations. I must agree that the location of our hotel is superb!

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we sincerely hope you will afford us another opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Kind Regards,

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I had reason to stay at the Intercontinental on Park Lane. Overall I was really impressed with the facilities but most of all the staff. They could not be more accommodating. Every member of staff went out of their way to acknowledge and greet you and were very polite and helpful.

The room I had was on the first floor. It was clean and tidy. Perhaps it could have done with a touch of freshening up but certainly there was nothing I could fault unless I was being extremely picky.

Without question I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Gabsy1693,

Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay at the hotel. It is comments like these that enable us to motivate our team to achieve greater heights.

Thank you once again, and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best wishes,

Hong Kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

When compared to its sister properties in London (in particular the swank IC Westminster) the IC Park Lane is the black sheep of the family. In fact, a very lackluster property. Dark rooms. Old musty decor that hasn't been maintained properly. Fixtures that don't work (thank you to the maintenance man who came to my room twice to fix things). Awkward closets that opens directly into/onto the bed. And sadly - and the biggest concern of all - zero recognition of my Royal Ambassador status. Yawn.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear LuxeTravelerHK,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent stay with us. As a Royal Ambassador Member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and Hotels. I am very disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay.

Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your experience more comfortable.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Spent three nights here with my wife on a quick trip to London as a part of a trip mainly touring Ireland. As with every Intercontinental I have stayed in, excellent staff and service. Food and beverage options are very good, and the location is top notch for anyone touring London. We had a superior room which was a decent size room, large compared to a lot of European hotel rooms and it was furnished very nicely including a nespresso machine. Great bed and linens, excellent room service with good quality and unbelievably quick service. Right next to the Hyde Park Tube station so getting around town is simple. No good hotel is cheap in London, at least in my experience, but in comparison to every other hotel I have stayed in probably 25 trips to London over 25 years, this is a good deal. Great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jeff H,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our location, quality of the room and service. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and your comments have been shared amongst the team.

We all look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you in the not too distant future.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed here as part of a London Christmas shopping break. It didn't disappoint. Luscious thick carpets, beautiful bathrooms, big comfy bed and very friendly staff. Once you've stayed here you won't want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear BastaCoze,

Thank you very much for your review and kind words following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that our service and facilities met your expectations.

Colchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stayed here last week whilst in London for Winter Wonderland. I have stayed in many different 5 star hotels and this was one of the most 'average' ones i've stayed in.

We got a good deal through lastminute.com and booked a double room. However when we arrived in our room we discovered we'd been given a twin. The room was also very dated and in need of a good refurb. There was no remote for the TV and the room was very dusty.

I wouldn't stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Laura_Essex_88,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. The hotel is in a constant cycle of refurbishment and I hope that in time you might choose to return and visit us again.

Director of Rooms

Been to InterContinental London Park Lane? Share your experiences!