“Noble, Prestige, luxury design, high class A++++” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental London Park Lane

You added InterContinental London Park Lane to your Saves list
InterContinental London Park Lane
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   One Hamilton Place | Park Lane, London W1J 7QY, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #131 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Boston, Massachusetts
“Noble, Prestige, luxury design, high class A++++”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Summer is beautiful in London. Stayed in InterContinental London Park Lane two nights back in September for business. It was outstanding. I have been told this hotel was fully booked by the Year 2012 London Olympic Committee group during Olympic game last year.

Hotel location is very great, located above Hyde Park corner metro station, just in between Hyde Park and Green Park in a very quiet high end location and it is close to everything. Surrounding area is safe, quiet, pretty, and very easy to access by taxi, car or subway metro. However, if you have luggage, it's not recommended to go by subway because there is no lift connect to hotel. Better you take a taxi from Paddington station. Or you can arrange a private transfer from airport to hotel directly.

Door men was very helpful to assist my luggage after I arrive. I noticed most of the front desk staff are female and young. They are very pretty. Check in was quick. Lobby is beautiful. As we have been told hotel is pretty small in London. InterCon Park Lane is very spacious and big. Room is very pretty and clean with lot of sunlight and big window. TV and sound system is BOSE. Toilet amenities are the UK brand Elemis . Everything you see and feel is top of the line in the room. Almost look brand new. Bathroom and toilet is very clean. The bed is comfort. View is gorgeous and green. I saw the British solider in uniform and horse toward Buckingham Palace walking in the afternoon from my room window. The sound proof in the room is great. I felt like I really stay in the middle of a park. Very quiet and very peaceful so I can focus working in my room.

Hotel Security at night is good. The doorman would ask sincerely if you stay here to prevent stranger come in the hotel at night. Housekeeper did a good job everyday. Hard rock cafe London is just 30 seconds walk from the hotel and there are couple of cafes and convenience stores at the back street of the hotel. So I can buy some snacks and drink back to my room. HSBC ATM also. It's very easy walk to Regent street and Oxford street in 15 mins by foot.
After a long day out, I just took the metro back to the hotel. Remember to purchase an Oyster card at the station.

I have another trip in Eastern Europe before fly home from London. So I left my luggage to the concierge for a week. So I didn't have to carry around. Very nice services. I would recommend for single, honeymoon couples, family, business traveller or group travellers. They can handle any type of guests. Definitely coming back next time in London.

Room Tip: Facing to the park.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Caroline J, Manager at InterContinental London Park Lane, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Chun W

Thank you for sending us your kind feedback and for choosing InterContinental London Park Lane for your stay. Our aim is to provide our guest with memorable experiences and I am delighted to learn that we were able to leave a positive impression.

We trust that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Alessandria, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I used to be a Londoner, now living in Italy, so returning to London often means staying in an hotel.
I enjoy this hotel as of all the hotels tried, this is my favourite, maybe for sentimental reasons. Undeniable the wonderful position in the very center which means easy access on foot to so much of the best of London. The rooms overlooking the park offer a wonderful view. Lobby service is excellent although I didn't eat in the hotel I hear the food is of high standard. Looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the park are the nicest.......the classic standard rooms are quite small but suffi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear gertie700

Thank you very much for your review and kind words following your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that our service and facilities met your expectations.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we sincerely hope you will afford us another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Direcotr of Rooms
Lisburn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night as a two day Easter break treat. That is our only regret, as we wish we could have stayed a few nights longer to take time to relax and enjoy the comfort and warm ambiance of this excellent hotel. Location is very convenient and within easy walking distance to Buckingham Palace, Harrods, Knightsbridge, Bond Street, Oxford Street etc. We booked a superior double room which was a very good size with views over looking Hyde Park. It was private, quite, softly styled, immaculate and very comfortable. The King size bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was excellent size and well equipped, with a great shower. We enjoyed listening to our iPod via the Bose remote music system. We pre-booked full breakfast and would recommend as it was excellent value with wide range of choice. On the negative side, we found the air conditioning was to warm and would not cool at night. We assumed that we had not been given bath robes/slippers - because we only found them the next morning by accident in a top shelf in the wardrobe opposite the bathroom! We would have appreciated hotel staff explaining faculties on our arrival - again we only discovered the mini bar/tea making facilities when leaving the next day located in a side part of the wardrobe. That said, we would have no problem recommending this hotel, we enjoyed our short stay and would like to go back and stay longer next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear dkn7

Thank you for sharing your experience at InterContinental London Park Lane. It is always great to receive positive comments and I will certainly pass them on to our team.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to London.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here 3 nights; great location, excellent service. Near Underground, royal palace, and all the nightspots. Hotel staff was professional and very helpful with advice on restaurants, sightseeing, and entertainment. Would not hesitate to recommend this property as a base for London.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear dcjw700

Thank your for taking the time to review the hotel following your stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and your comments have been shared amongst the team.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The check in was quick,friendly and easy . The bed was amazingly comfortable and the room was as to be expected from a 5 star hotel. The only draw back was someone knocking on our door 3 times until they got an answer at 9:30 pm just to ask if there was anything else we needed. Only a problem though because we were so tired after a busy day in London. Other than that we had a lovely stay and would definitely recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I used priority points to stay and wasn't disappointed. We were upgraded to a LOndon KIng room which had bees refurbished .The only cHallenge was room was quite small but nothing had been missed as far as making your stay as perfect as possIble.A card to welcome me as a valued visitor and a cake for my sons birthday which was in room when we got back from theatre.The staff were wonderful.No complaints.Thank you intercontinental

• Stayed March 2013
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've stayed in about 7 different hotels in London over the years and this is my new favorite. It was my first stay and I chose it for location, because I was going to be there alone for a few days. I got a great package that included breakfast and was extremely happy with the hotel on all counts. First and most important, although I had picked the least expensive room, it was more spacious than most rooms I've had in London, was decorated in a modern, elegant style, was in great condition, and extremely quiet. My room faced an inner courtyard, but the windows were so large that the room still had plenty of natural light. Of course, that helped make it quiet, but I also noted that the hallways must be well sound proofed because I didn't hear people walking by or doors slamming in the hall. The bathrooms are a little bit small, but in great condition and more than adequate. I especially loved having a full shower curtain and rainhead shower - made for a great shower with no leaking all over the bathroom (as in those typical London hotel showers with a half-sheet of plastic protecting the room).

As if a really nice room wasn't enough, all of the staff were extremely personal and attentive, from check-in, to restaurant, to the friendly doormen, to the staff in the lobby who greeted you as you got off an elevator. I felt well taken care of, without anyone being intrusive, and very safe, particularly as I was traveling alone. When I arrived at 8:30 am, my room was not ready, but the staff happily directed me to a ladies room to freshen up a little, took my suitcase, offered to call me when the room was ready, and promised that my suitcase would be in the room when I got back. I have to admit, I didn't really believe the suitcase would already be in the room -- but it was. When I saw that my TV was not working properly, I found a staff member in my hallway who dropped everything he was doing to fix the problem in minutes.

Someone in an earlier review mentioned that the hotel smelled great -- it's true, the lobby is filled with flowers (or other scents?) and it smells absolutely fantastic. I had the full breakfast buffet each morning and enjoyed the vast choices and the nice service. Someone was constantly clearing dishes and asking of I needed anything else.

The location was great. Since I was in no rush, I took the tube from Heathrow to Green Park Station for just a few pounds, and walked down to the hotel. I love to walk and had no problem walking throughout the central tourist area -- love walking across Green Park towards the Palace or down Piccadilly to the theater district. The little restaurants and pubs of Shepherd's Market are just around the corner and so are the shops of Kensington.

After 4 days, I actually moved to a smaller boutique hotel in Mayfair to meet my husband for the weekend and have a more traditionally English environment. Within 5 minutes of being there, I realized I should have stayed at the Intercontinental. I'm sold and look forward to staying there again very soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to InterContinental London Park Lane? Share your experiences!