Summer is beautiful in London. Stayed in InterContinental London Park Lane two nights back in September for business. It was outstanding. I have been told this hotel was fully booked by the Year 2012 London Olympic Committee group during Olympic game last year.
Hotel location is very great, located above Hyde Park corner metro station, just in between Hyde Park and Green Park in a very quiet high end location and it is close to everything. Surrounding area is safe, quiet, pretty, and very easy to access by taxi, car or subway metro. However, if you have luggage, it's not recommended to go by subway because there is no lift connect to hotel. Better you take a taxi from Paddington station. Or you can arrange a private transfer from airport to hotel directly.
Door men was very helpful to assist my luggage after I arrive. I noticed most of the front desk staff are female and young. They are very pretty. Check in was quick. Lobby is beautiful. As we have been told hotel is pretty small in London. InterCon Park Lane is very spacious and big. Room is very pretty and clean with lot of sunlight and big window. TV and sound system is BOSE. Toilet amenities are the UK brand Elemis . Everything you see and feel is top of the line in the room. Almost look brand new. Bathroom and toilet is very clean. The bed is comfort. View is gorgeous and green. I saw the British solider in uniform and horse toward Buckingham Palace walking in the afternoon from my room window. The sound proof in the room is great. I felt like I really stay in the middle of a park. Very quiet and very peaceful so I can focus working in my room.
Hotel Security at night is good. The doorman would ask sincerely if you stay here to prevent stranger come in the hotel at night. Housekeeper did a good job everyday. Hard rock cafe London is just 30 seconds walk from the hotel and there are couple of cafes and convenience stores at the back street of the hotel. So I can buy some snacks and drink back to my room. HSBC ATM also. It's very easy walk to Regent street and Oxford street in 15 mins by foot.
After a long day out, I just took the metro back to the hotel. Remember to purchase an Oyster card at the station.
I have another trip in Eastern Europe before fly home from London. So I left my luggage to the concierge for a week. So I didn't have to carry around. Very nice services. I would recommend for single, honeymoon couples, family, business traveller or group travellers. They can handle any type of guests. Definitely coming back next time in London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once the site of a royal residence, InterContinental London Park Lane is now the epitome of modern elegance. Located between Mayfair and Knightsbridge in view of Buckingham Palace, the hotel is not far from the Tower of London, Big Ben and Trafalgar Square. Also worth seeing is the Victoria and Albert Museum, Madame Tussauds and The National Portrait Gallery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, LondonMarketing.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental London Park Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel London
- InterContinental London Park Lane England