“Sophisticated, but Expensive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental London Park Lane

You added InterContinental London Park Lane to your Saves list
InterContinental London Park Lane
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   One Hamilton Place | Park Lane, London W1J 7QY, England (Mayfair)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #117 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Sophisticated, but Expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2008

My wife and I wanted a weekend break, so I booked the room on my Priority Club points. I was welcomed with big hotel style (cold but efficient) and was told I had been up graded to a superior room, the room was good albeit a bit small, but plush.

I did not spend a lot of time in the room; however, the range of TV channels was extensive.

I did not use the restaurant, but I did have a drink in the bar, however, the cost was off the scale expensive, would I go back – yes, great hotel from the visit I had.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Stirling, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2008

The recent refurbishment of this property means that it is one of the best 5-star products in London; with stylish and contemporary public areas, comfortable and well-equipped guest rooms, and staff who not only provide exceptional service but create a great atmosphere which is friendly, welcoming, relaxed and professional. The attention to detail is especially noticeable, and carries through to all areas. The food and beverage operation is excellent, and breakfast in The Cookbook Cafe is especially efficient. Highly recommended.

• Liked — The friendly, relaxed atmosphere, and positive staff attitudes
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
Barcelona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2008

I had a corporate trip booked by AMEX. The desk staff lost my reservation, then put me in another room, promised 3 times to correct the mishap, and then billed me personally. After a lengthy process, the hotel continued to demand that I pay personally.

The service after stay was just as poor as the service during the stay. The desk staff was truly ignorant.

The blood stains on my carpet did not thrill me either.

Intercontinental's luxury status is so scattered.

My condolences to future guests.

Stayed November 2007
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2008

We stayed at the InterContinental Park Lane for one night with my husband and our 2 young children. The staff were friendly and welcoming, the children were given books and toys, concierge were very helpful and knowledgeble, overall, an excellent hotel.

• Liked — The location
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
athens
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2008

We spend our 1st Year holidays at the hotel. It was our second time there and the bad was that we find the first time better.Good location, but something is missing to be a 5 star hotel....

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bristol, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2008

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our first stay at the hotel a couple of months ago and decided to stay there again this time around.

The bad stuff:
-Doormen stood and watched me carry my own luggage. No offer to help at all. No 'Good Morning' or 'Welcome to Intercontinental'.

-When we were going out in the evening, there were no doormen at all and no taxis although we waited 15mins. We had to walk up the road to catch a taxi.

-We had a drink at the bar with a couple of friends and no one served us for 20mins and by the time our drinks came, we were told that the bar was closed. Didn't tip the waitress for her lousy service and didn't receive my change! She conveniently pocketed it.

-No bedroom slippers and it was a deluxe room.

-Ordered breakfast to the room (too late to have breakfast downstairs) and the toast was BLACK. On both sides. Not brown, all black. Granola tasted like styrofoam and the rest of the food was just mediocre.

I emailed the hotel management twice with my complains and still have yet to hear from them. It's been three weeks since!

Don't think I will be staying here anytime soon. Not worth the money!

• Disliked — Service!
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Thornton Cleveleys, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2008

I have recently returned from a two night weekend stay at the Intercontinental Hotel in London, Park Lane. The hotel is very easy to find and is a short walk from Hyde Park Corner tube station.

I had booked a Royal Park Executive room and at check-in I was upgraded to a Studio Suite which was a great touch as I am a platinum elite and Intercontinental Ambassador member of priority club.

The studio suite was excellent and had two twin beds, Marble entrance hall, and large seating area with views across the London parks, Bose Sound System and B and O flat screen television. The bathroom was just beautiful with large tub and separate rain shower and of course, Elemis amenities. I also had a lovely letter from the Hotel Manager welcoming me to the hotel, together with welcome treatment consisting of water, fruit basket and a birthday cake as I was celebrating my 30th birthday.

I also had access to the IC club lounge for a daily charge of £80 which was well worth the cost. The lounge offers complimentary internet access with three public computers for the sole use of club guests. Refreshments and snacks are available throughout the day. Mid afternoon tea, sandwiches and scones are served and in the evening a small selection of canapés. A self service cocktail bar is available with unlimited champagne, spirits, wine and beer in the evening. The IC lounge has separate seating areas, dining area, magazines and newspapers and offers tremendous views across London.

Breakfast was also provided in the lounge for Club guests. The breakfast was excellent including cold and warm choice and was served until 11am.

I did encounter a couple of service problems during my stay. On one of the mornings my newspaper was not delivered. The same morning my friends cooked breakfast that he ordered was forgotten. On the second morning the breakfast buffet was cleared away whilst still eating and we were never asked if we would like anything else. The turndown service on both evenings was hit and miss. Shoes that had been handed to staff for cleaning were not returned the next morning. Our issues were resolved by a very effective management team.

Overall I had a great stay at the Intercontinental London, Park lane and loved the Club level service.

• Liked — Loved the Studio Suite and Club Lounge
  • Disliked — -
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to InterContinental London Park Lane? Share your experiences!