My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our first stay at the hotel a couple of months ago and decided to stay there again this time around.
The bad stuff:
-Doormen stood and watched me carry my own luggage. No offer to help at all. No 'Good Morning' or 'Welcome to Intercontinental'.
-When we were going out in the evening, there were no doormen at all and no taxis although we waited 15mins. We had to walk up the road to catch a taxi.
-We had a drink at the bar with a couple of friends and no one served us for 20mins and by the time our drinks came, we were told that the bar was closed. Didn't tip the waitress for her lousy service and didn't receive my change! She conveniently pocketed it.
-No bedroom slippers and it was a deluxe room.
-Ordered breakfast to the room (too late to have breakfast downstairs) and the toast was BLACK. On both sides. Not brown, all black. Granola tasted like styrofoam and the rest of the food was just mediocre.
I emailed the hotel management twice with my complains and still have yet to hear from them. It's been three weeks since!
Don't think I will be staying here anytime soon. Not worth the money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once the site of a royal residence, InterContinental London Park Lane is now the epitome of modern elegance. Located between Mayfair and Knightsbridge in view of Buckingham Palace, the hotel is not far from the Tower of London, Big Ben and Trafalgar Square. Also worth seeing is the Victoria and Albert Museum, Madame Tussauds and The National Portrait Gallery. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your InterContinental London Park Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel London
- InterContinental London Park Lane England