I stayed here for most of last week and unfortunately find myself here again!
I'm a Diamond member and have been for many years. I stayed here last week and it was not a pleasant experience.
Let's deal with last week first. The lobby is pretty shabby. Many of the front of house staff struggle with English.
My upgraded 'Exec' room was miniscule and interconnecting with one of the loudest women I've ever heard next door. When the noise got too much at midnight I complained and was told it would be dealt with. At some point in the night (I don't know the time) reception phoned me and asked me to explain what was wrong. Somewhat idiotic and lacking in forethought.
Additionally, my room was overlooking Victoria station. Extremely noisy so try and avoid if you can.
I did eventually get moved to a much better room on the other side of the hotel after suffering two nights of noise from the woman and the station.
The food is awful. I had some cod in the restaurant which was relatively expensive for this type of hotel. It came with a small Le Crueset of cabbage and a multitude of other sauces and accompaniments which were just utterly mismatched. The preceding night I had had pan fried salmon with...cabbage! Now I've got nothing against cabbage but it just doesn't work with those dishes. The Exec. Chef is clearly very inexperienced, on a tight budget or both.
There's also an abundance of recycled roast potatoes in many of the dishes - slightly odd.
Next, the gym...closed without any warning, apology or explanation to the guests.
Next, the concierge, or lack of concierge. He/she was never there when I wanted them.
So, on to this week. The front of house staff have been simply rude. Possibly the most discourteous staff I've come across in a Hilton (Nuria checked me in this time). She took my name, printed out an invoice with the wrong person on. When I asked where the room was she proclaimed arrogantly "it's an executive room" as if I was meant to be impressed. I asked her where the room was again and she simply let out an enormous sigh. Incredible. Hilton, a word of advice, as a Diamond member (or any guest for that matter) I expect some level of respect, all I got here was impertinence!
As I was checking in there was a loud shout from behind me in the bar where a chap began to chant loudly. Presumably a football song but it contained the words *unt and *ollocks! Elegant.
I refused the Exec. rooms this week as they couldn't provide one without a view (and noise) of Victoria station.
And so to the rooms, and here's the thing, the rooms are actually passable. Apart from my first room last week, they are well decorated for this type of hotel, not shabby at all and have decent, but small, bathrooms.
I may have to stay here again on business but I'm really going to try and avoid it. In fact, it would be better to stay at the Guoman Grosvenor across the road - much better, decent restaurants and without the football hooligans in the foyer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located opposite Victoria Station, the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London – Victoria provides its valued guests with immediate link to the London wide public transport network, Gatwick via the gatwick express and Heathrow airports as well as some the city’s most popular points of interest. Major attractions, such as Buckingham Palace, the Houses of Parliament, the London Eye and the famous West end are within walking distance ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hilton EMEA, LondonMarketing.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton London Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hesperia Victoria Hotel
- Hesperia London Hotel
- Hesperia London Victoria
- Hesperia Victoria London
- Hesperia Hotel London Victoria
- DoubleTree By Hilton London Victoria England