We chose this hotel because we're hilton rewards members and the location looked good. There's a main train/subway location walking distance from the hotel and it's near sights like Buckingham Palace, which was convenient. We paid extra to be upgraded to an "executive" room that was supposed to be larger and with a king-sized bed. The first room they gave us was on the too floor but was directly next to the elevator. We could hear it every time it moved! The balcony was huge, which seemed great, until we realized we shared it with the room next to ours. It was creepy because the glass sliding door didn't lock properly so it made the room way less secure. They didn't have another room available but said they'd move us to a junior suite for the second bad third nights of our stay. They asked us to leave our bags packed in the room and they would move them to our new room in the morning while we were sightseeing. The bed didn't have a box spring, just a mattress on a frame so it was very uncomfortable! And the bathroom was only partially renovated.
We came back at 5pm the next day and the new people at the front desk knew nothing about our room change. They had no suites available and we got stuck in the same horrible room for the second night. We asked them to refund us our upgrade fee, which they agreed to. I asked for this in writing, and asked for the managers business card. She didn't have cards (too new an employee?) and eventually hand wrote a note agreeing to the refund. Thankfully I got this because the upgrade charge was not removed and there were no notes about it in our file when we went to check out!!
On the third night we were moved to a junior suite. There was construction going on, and the windows had film on them.
Overall, indifferent staff and a disappointing hotel. Lots of other guests complaining at the front desk. I'm surprised they're still a hilton hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located opposite Victoria Station, the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London – Victoria provides its valued guests with immediate link to the London wide public transport network, Gatwick via the gatwick express and Heathrow airports as well as some the city’s most popular points of interest. Major attractions, such as Buckingham Palace, the Houses of Parliament, the London Eye and the famous West end are within walking distance ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton London Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hesperia Victoria Hotel
- Hesperia London Hotel
- Hesperia London Victoria
- Hesperia Victoria London
- Hesperia Hotel London Victoria
- DoubleTree By Hilton London Victoria England