“Location, location, location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn London - Kings Cross / Bloomsbury

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn London - Kings Cross / Bloomsbury to your Saves list
Holiday Inn London - Kings Cross / Bloomsbury
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Kings Cross Rd, London WC1X 9HX, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #532 of 1,075 hotels in London
Auburn CA
“Location, location, location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The hotel was comfortable and very up to date. The rooms were clean and the beds comfy. Lovely full buffet breakfast, included in our package. The hotel has a fashionable restaurant, complete with white table linens and also a bar. I would give it a five rating. However, the location is miles from out of the way. Cabs and or buses are a must and that becomes time consuming and expensive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

1,320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Greek first
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

£200 a night and they still want to charge you for WiFi...
Rooms were clean although dated.

10 main walk from Kings Cross station.

If you want to buy a drink at the bar and pay by card you have to go through to reception to use chip and pin!!

• Stayed September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kings Cross / Bloomsbury, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear bimeycharlie,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. It is regrettable we fell short of your expectations this particular day. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Connie D
Isle of Man
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Used a reward night. Friendly welcome. Advised we were in a refurbished room and they would appreciate our views. Had to walk down a long corridor that reeked of smoke from the rooms where smoking is still allowed. The room seemed to us to be very plasticky - silver coloured plastic headboard with beads, dark wood veneer panelling which made room dark and feel enclosed, plastic bedside lamps. Definitely did not appeal to us and we fed back on check out. Did not use breakfast as £13-50 per person with no deals.location is mid way between Farrindon and Kings Cross - so about a mile each way which we walked but not very pleasant road. Would have felt cheated if I had paid the room rate of £200. Would find another HolidayIn in a better location next time.

• Stayed September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kings Cross / Bloomsbury, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear philosIsleofMan,

Thank you for being an IHG Club Rewards member and for writing us a review. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Your comments have been documented and we are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Janice A
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights as we were visiting family who live in London. The hotel is approx 15 mins walk from Euston Station, the room was clean, nice and cool which was a welcome relief as most hotel rooms always seem to be too hot for me! As we were out all day on both days and only returned late at night I can only speak for the room and breakfast. I found the bed one of the comfiest I have slept in for a while, the staff were helpful and courteous when we went down for breakfast. The breakfast was buffet style and perfectly adequate for our needs, with everything we wanted. We walked to Kings Cross for the nearest tube station and this was about 10 mins walk away. I found it a very pleasant stay, in a quiet street and ideal for catching a tube into central London.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Close to King’s Cross station (15min walk). Pleasant room on 3rd floor which was quiet even though it overlooked the main road. Clean and comfortable with double bed and small sofa and coffee table. Trouserpress but no iron or ironing board. 8 coathangers in built in wardrobe. and Tea (Ty-Phoo teabags) and coffee (Nescafe sachets) making facilities but no biscuits. Good selection of 24 TV channels including Sky Sports 1 and 2 and 3. No mini bar but a fridge in room. No safe. No free WiFi –(1h £4.95, 4h £7.95, 24h£ 10.95, 7 days £45.00). Breakfast can be delivered to your room for a £2.50 tray charge.

Medium comfortable matress on the bed. Selection of pillows (Hard or soft). Useful sofa.

Bathroom clean and of a good standard with lots of hot water. Bath a bit on the small side.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

After traveling around various parts on England this motel was the last before we departed to Paris.
We found that the staff were not interested and that everything seemed like a big hassle to them.
After walking from kings cross station which we were told was not far from the accommodation (15 to 20 min walk with luggage and in a dodgy part of town) we checked into a room that smelt of cigarette, as soon as we opened the elevator door the smell overwhelmed us and we had to ask to have a room on a non smoking floor. The lifts themselves smelt like cigarette.
There are no inclusions with your room rate,wi fi is charged at a high rate, calls are not able to be made from room phone unless you key in credit card details (even though they already have it), not all staff speak English, multi cultural multi confusion.
I wouldn't recommend having breakfast as it would be a waste of money, I would recommend heading up the street to the cafes.
The most helpful people at this hotel are the cleaners, who were lovely.
On the plus side it's worth staying there to go to the pub across the road awesome staff and food there made the stay worthwhile.

• Stayed September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kings Cross / Bloomsbury, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Kykaly,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service, the cigarette smoke smell and the restaurant experience. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My stay at this hotel was terrible. Firstly, I had a bad impression as the taxi driver took me to the Holiday Inn Bloomsbury - which is not the same as this hotel. When I went to check in at the Bloomsbury, the receptionist scowled and told me I was at the wrong Holiday Inn - she made me feel stupid and did not offer to help direct me in the right direction. I finally found a taxi after walking to the main road and had them to take me to the correct Holiday Inn - the Holiday Inn Kings Cross Bloomsbury.

Check in was fine at the Kings Cross. I arrived in my room and it was also okay - but right next to the stairwell. As I was very tired, I just decided this would hopefully not be an issue. It wasn't as I was kept up all night by people going up and down. When I returned from an exhausting day of work, and after hearing crying babies in the next room, I rang down and asked for another room. They gave me one and as soon as I walked in, it smelled of very strong underarm body odour! I gagged!! I went back downstairs and explained the smell and asked for yet another room. This time they gave me another one again next to a stairwell after asking to not be next to a stairwell again! I decided to just take it as I was so very exhausted- but walked in and it reeked of B.O too and had stains all over the chairs, floor and in the bathroom. It was so disgusting and smelly!

I was in London on a business trip - after viewing a second room that reeked of body odour and was filthy, I went onto Expedia and booked a room with the Novotel (which was a palace in comparison in EVERY way).

I try to be fair and balanced in my reviews and am not a negative person - but I believe this might just be the worst place I have ever stayed in. I work in branding and hope that the marketing executives read these reviews - this location does not live up to the Holiday Inn brand name and values - some serious work needs to be done here.

Room Tip: I would follow comments on here to see if they actually improve things before staying here!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kings Cross / Bloomsbury, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Jennifer G,

Thank you for your business and your review. We take all comments seriously and value the chance to make improvements where possible.

We read with much concern the troubles you had during your visit. I sincerely apologize for we fell below your expectations with regard to the room condition and level of cleanliness. At the same time, we are truly sorry for the lapse in service during your stay and regret that you left us with such a negative impression about our hotel.

It is only through valuable feedback we receive from our valued customers that we would be in a position to know where we go wrong and rectify the circumstances or incidents, in order to ensure that we do not repeat the same in the future. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn London - Kings Cross / Bloomsbury? Share your experiences!