“Fantastic Weekend.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn London - Kings Cross / Bloomsbury

You added Holiday Inn London - Kings Cross / Bloomsbury to your Saves list
Holiday Inn London - Kings Cross / Bloomsbury
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Kings Cross Rd, London WC1X 9HX, England (Clerkenwell)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #522 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Fantastic Weekend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Short bus or taxi ride from Kings Cross railway station. Reasonable taxi price and I was also able to use my oap bus pass. It was a belated joint special 40th and 60th birthday weekend in London for my daughter and I to see the Jersey Boys show which was fabulous. A trip to Harrods which is a must plus Covent Garden was great. Unusual living statues there. Bought lots of souvenirs and presents for the family. Hotel was faultless. Food and room service excellent. Rooms clean. Bed very comfy. Staff very friendly and polite. Omega Holidays Highly Recommend. A thoroughly enjoyable weekend which we shall do again.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Greek first
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Booked as part of a 'Superbreaks' weekend away with first class rail travel. A tourist and high turnover hotel , I wasn't expecting too much. It is a thing with me that hotels should live up to their promises...if they claim.to be luxury then they should be. Look at my other reviews- I have high expectations.

This hotel is a 15 minute walk from Kings Cross along pretty uneven pavements. So if you have suitcases just get a bus or a taxi. Reception on Friday night was busy but welcoming. All smiles in fact and that for me started things off well. The room, on the 8th floor, was large, well lit and air conditioned. It was clean and had a fridge which we stocked up with the cans we had bought with us.

Good bathrooms toiletries provided as usual in Holiday Inns.

Buffet continental breakfast was included and was a little sparse in choice but perfectly adequate.

The amazing factor for me was the almost universally pleasant attitude of the staff. From reception to the dining room and concierge everyone smiled and even made conversation. I can't believe how hard the staff have to work with the incredible turnover of guest that this hotel has.

We feel, after 30 years of weekend visits to London, that we have finally found a mid range hotel that we will return to. Well done all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 6 nights with husband and granddaughter. The hotel was great, a short bus ride to the station and great eating places 5 minutes up the road off Farringdon road. The pool facility was used every day sometimes twice. I shall certainly return here in the future.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I had to write this review, what an improvement has taken place in this hotel. The staff are at last great. I don't know what changed but it's a great place to be. The reception have humour at last, the bar staff are and have always been great.

Room service is great ( it's now not 24 hours) the menu is a bit repetitive and needs to change more often.

Breakfast is good the eggs are soft the bacon delicious.

The only criticism is the house keeping tapping on the door early in the morning, but then I should put out the don't disturb.
I have stayed in most of the holiday inn crowne plazza in uk, this hotel is the one I recommend in London. Practical clean great service you can't go wrong for business ( as I use it ) or for holiday/trip.

• Stayed June 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We didn't need much from this hotel. We were arriving from the train station, needed a good place to sleep and a good breakfast, and then needed to get back to the train station in the morning. We booked an advance purchase executive queen with English breakfast. Our understanding was that the hotel was no more than a 10 minute walk from the train station. However, after a six hour train ride the turned into eight hours, by the time we reached London we tried to catch a cab. They wouldn't take us because they said the trip was too short. All good, we said we'd hoof it. When we arrived, we were upgraded to an executive KING. Even better. When we got to the floor, there was no AC whatsoever in the halls, which were siiflingly hot. No problem with the AC in the room, but this meant every time we wanted to leave or return to the room, we had to go through the unacceptably hot hallway. In the room, there were two small bottles of wine on the credenza. In the fridge, there were two bottles of sparklng water, two bottles of OJ, and one candy bar. I called downstairs and asked, "of the things here to eat or drink, what's complimentary?" I was told, "the water." I asked, "What about the OJ?" and was told, "that too." I asked, "what about the candy bar?" I was told, "that too." Finally, I asked, "what about the two bottles of wine?" I was again told, "That too." All of that should have been much easier to discern, but we were extremely grateful for the two bottles of wine. The room was fine and larger than expected. The next morning, as we prepared to check out, I asked for a receipt, which I needed for work. I was told, "Since you prepaid, you can't get a receipt." That was a problem, and it was never properly resolved. We then went to the breakfast buffet, which is separated into two dining rooms: the continental dining room, and the full English dining room. There was an adequate variety of foods from which to choose, but we felt the food was generally tasteless. As we left the dining room, I attempted to bring a cup of coffee back to the room. As I began to walk down the steps from the dining room, the cup was snatched from my hands. I accept that the person who snatched away the cup was merely following rules, but it could have been done more tactfully. Once we were ready to go, I asked the front desk to call for a cab to help us get our luggage back to the train station. They said it was too short a trip and they wouldn't be able to get a cab. I pressed and said we really needed one because we couldn't lug our luggage back there, especially in the rain. So, they called a cab, and readily got one within five minutes. Ovearall, my impression is that this is a pretty decent hotel with a decent facility, but the service provided by staff was poor and begrudging. We would not return here for that reason. We regret we did not have time to use the fitness center.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kings Cross / Bloomsbury, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear NoPegasus,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate that you find our location to be convenient and the nice comment regarding the in-room perks.

However, We’re sorry we fel below your expectation regarding customer service from our staff which was unacceptable. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was travelling with my infant child and my boyfriend. We booked the hotell on Hotwire and got a really good deal... the hotell was at best satisfactory. For London the room we got was pretty big for London standards, I have stayed in several hotels which have definately been better but often not larger.
The hotel is an old American style hotel. The beds were ok, there was a sofa bed which we didn't use to sleep in but it was nice to sit on in the evenings when our baby was sleeping. There was no minibar, there was a couple of bottles of water and a bottle of juice which was for free and some biscuits, coffee and tea but that was that. I am not sure if we could have requested a full minibar or not, but the whole thing was a bit weird. Internet is super expensive which always annoys me....
Both family and business hotel, so I would not have stayed for business unless the location made a lot of sense. For tourists new to London the location is not good, for me whom have lived in London many years it was good as I know how to get around.. and what to avoid.

Room Tip: As high as possible and away from the roads if possible very busy road.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kings Cross / Bloomsbury, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear kj11an,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the room amenities.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding internet access. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Nottingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

situated 15 mins walk from Russell Sq. underground, I would vouch that this is a more leisure orientated solution. Don't get me wrong, this is a notch above the usual IHG offering, with good quality property, albeit quiet restaurant and inefficient lifts. Room size relatively small, but equivalent of London standard (a la The Cumberland). Can't rate restaurant/breakfast as never ate, but reception staff were consistently warm and efficient.
For the business traveller, the location is neither one thing nor the other!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Kings Cross / Bloomsbury, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear phileasfoggtmc,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn London - Kings Cross / Bloomsbury? Share your experiences!