“Good for Wembley - easy for central London.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Western Ave | Hanger Lane, Ealing, London W5 1HG, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #342 of 1,073 hotels in London
Birmingham
“Good for Wembley - easy for central London.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

My wife and I stayed here to go to the U2 concert at Wembley Stadium and this was one of the first hotels that popped up from Google in terms of location - we were really pleased with the hotel.

We arrived at midday not expecting to check in, as the published time was 2.00pm. However, the room was ready for us and check in was quick and easy and very courteous. The room was very well equipped and quiet, considering the location on a major roundabout! Everything you would expect from a 4 star hotel was in place - a well equipped bathroom with appropriate toiletries, nice shower, selection of towels, large TV, tea and coffee etc. The bed was very comfortable and the room was of a very high standard in terms of decoration and general repair.

The public areas of the hotel were immaculate. We took lunch in the hotel's bar before we headed to the gig. Lunch was of a very high standard and the service was again of a very good quality. The food was excellent and freshly cooked. I took a burger and my wife ordered the Duck dish. The food was a little on the pricey side, as we were expecting, but it was well cooked and a good lunchtime meal.

Car parking was safe and secure - at a cost of £10 per day - which considering any location in London near a tube line was reasonable.

We asked reception to order us a taxi to Wembley, which they did and they also telephoned our room when it arrived to save us hanging about in reception.

We did not take breakfast on our room - so I cannot comment. However, one nice touch is that we wanted to explore London on our check out day and I asked if I could leave my car in their car park due to the hotel's location next to a central line tube station - this was no problem and they did not charge me for the additional day's parking. They couldn't have been more helpful or accomodating - they also asked if we needed guidebooks or tube maps and left these for us.

Overall, we were delighted with the hotel. It was immaculate, quiet and efficient. A great location for Wembley and only a 10 minute tube ride in to central London made it an ideal choice for us on this occasion. Very pleased.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
size10London, Operations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing, responded to this review, September 8, 2009
Dear Mr Johnstone

I was delighted to read your review and was especially please to read the team provide very helpful and courteous service. Your comments will be passed on to the hotem.

As you are away we are only 15 to 20 minutes away from the West End with the tube station adjacent to the hotel.

I hope we will welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to London

Kind Regards

389 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
Weymouth, Dorset
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

This hotel is quite a way out of London on the central line west ruislip branch, handy for westgate and the bbc. Coming up from Dorset I found it easier to use the overland from clapham junction changing at shepherds bush onto the central Line.
The check in was quick and easy - i stayed in a club room so had access to the club lounge. the lounge was good apart from the coffee machine was broken - it was well stocked of beers yet no water apart fizzy stuff. As I stayed in a club room my breakfast in the club lounge was included, yet they only served it until 09:30 no later at weekends. On Sundays the restaurant served breakfast until 11:00ish, odd that its not later for club customers. On Monday morning there was only cereal left at 09:00 and no one was checking to make sure it was refilled.
The room was nice shame the windows wouldn't open, the tv was not working properly and they had not given me the luxurious toiletries as mentioned in the hotels blurb. I complained about the TV and was left a nice note in the room to tell me the handy man does not work weekends, yet they thanked me for reporting it they could get it fixed after the weekend. It was nice of them to leave a message yet a poor excuse. Most companies have contractors on call 24/7 shame this hotel doesn't. The TV wouldn't swing around to face the bed directly.
The bathroom was okay, nice that the shower was separate from the bath, shame the toilet was squashed in a narrow area, with a solid toilet roller holder at thigh level. Being a larger gent it was quite uncomfortable for me. Poorly designed, when on the bed looking straight ahead you face the bathroom door and the toilet. odd?
I spoke with one of the managers when I left and she said things should have gone better yet didn't seem surprised about my comments.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the hotel.

My apologies there was issues with the TV. We should have offered you an alternative solution and I will re-train the Duty Managers in light of this.

We are also in the process of reviewing our Club Lounge breakfast offering further to your comments.

Please let me assure you we do not regularly receive these type of issues and will do out utmost to ensure standards are in place to ensure they do not repeat.

It is by listening and responding to these comments that we improve our service and achieve the high standards you expect from a Crowne Plaza hotel

Yours sincerely

england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2009

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza when going to a Take That concert at Wembley Stadium.

We found the hotel really easily on the Hanger Lane gyratory (be careful you don't miss the entrance, it isn't very well signposted!).

On the outside it doesn't look that nice but inside it is, I believe its recently been renovated so its all quite new. Check in was quick and easy, I had booked through Expedia. Our rooms were nice and modern, big beds, nice bathrooms, tea/coffee/hot choc, TV with lots of channels.

We got the No 83 to Wembley which was fine, it was about 20 min journey, and bus stop was just next door to hotel. When returning though be careful because the No 83 didn't seem to turn up to take us back, I don't know where it was, there were other buses but not the No 83, we ended up walking back to the hotel at 11pm, it took about 45 mins (fast walking). Maybe it would be better taking a taxi but it would cost a bomb having to wait in all the traffic queues. I think the hotel should provide a minibus and charge a small fee, I'm sure people would use it on event days, there were certainly lots of us trying to get back to the safety of the Crowne Plaza that night!!!!

Anyway, once back we went to the bar and had a drink then went to bed.

Breakfast in the morning was lovely, lots of choice, fruit, pastries, full english, juices etc etc, was of really good quality, check out was also speedy.

So, overall a great hotel, just a shame theres not a better way of getting back from Stadium.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Dear Take That Fan

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the hotel. I was pleased to read you found the service in the hotel to be good and efficient and the facilities to your liking.

I appreciate the difficulties of transportation around Wembley after events. We have been looking in to providing transportation and are working hard to overcome all issues we are faced with regarding this.

I hope you will choose the hotel again for any future visits to the area.

Yours sincerely
Operations Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel London Ealing? Share your experiences!