We strongly suggest this hotel as an ideal starting point for exploring London and it’s perfect if you travel with children.
The hotel is in a great position, directly in front of the Glouchester Road underground station (Piccadilly Line) and in a very pleasant area with a lot of shops, restaurants, pharmacy and also a market. You can reach the hotel, door to door, directly from the Heatrow airport avoiding the more expensive Heatrow Express.
The hotel is also very close to a lot of attractions: Natural History Museum, Science Museum, Albert and Victoria Museums, Harrods and Kensington Gardens are at a distance of a walk.
The hotel is a very nice four star with all facilities. Rooms are quite big compared to London standards and we have been able to accommodate two adults, one children and one infant (in a baby coat). Bed and mattress were very confortable and we had a relaxed sleep.
The hotel staff is very kind and attentive. When we arrived quite early in the morning (10a.m.) the staff at the reception provide us immediately a room given the presence of an infant. We appreciate it very much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a contemporary designed boutique hotel just a stone's throw away from Gloucester Road tube station with direct connectivity from Heathrow Airport (via the Piccadilly line) and from Victoria train station (via the District or Circle line). Harrods, Hyde Park, Natural History Museum, Royal Albert Hall and Science Museum, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres are few of London's top tourist attractions that are in close proximity to the hotel. Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a perfect hub for shopaholics as Knightsbridge, Sloane Square and the West End are all easily accessible. Retreat and recharge in one of the 162 spacious bedrooms featuring new beds, linen and other facilities such as highspeed broadband internet access and 32 inch flat screen televisions to meet the requirements of a savvy traveller. Of all of Kensington's bars, The Bar seems to be a favourite hang out for locals that end up dining at the Umami restaurant. Crowne Plaza London Kensington boasts over 250 square metres of event spaces that all have natural daylight. The boardroom and garden room overlook the hotels private landscaped garden; a rare sight in a central London hotel. The hotel also has a state of the art fitness suite with the most up to date training equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, LondonMarketing.com and Priceline so you can book your Crowne Plaza London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Kensington Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington England