“A pleasant experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza London Kensington

You added Crowne Plaza London Kensington to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza London Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Cromwell Road | Kensington, London SW7 4ER, England (South Kensington)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #175 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Brescia, Italy
“A pleasant experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We strongly suggest this hotel as an ideal starting point for exploring London and it’s perfect if you travel with children.
The hotel is in a great position, directly in front of the Glouchester Road underground station (Piccadilly Line) and in a very pleasant area with a lot of shops, restaurants, pharmacy and also a market. You can reach the hotel, door to door, directly from the Heatrow airport avoiding the more expensive Heatrow Express.
The hotel is also very close to a lot of attractions: Natural History Museum, Science Museum, Albert and Victoria Museums, Harrods and Kensington Gardens are at a distance of a walk.
The hotel is a very nice four star with all facilities. Rooms are quite big compared to London standards and we have been able to accommodate two adults, one children and one infant (in a baby coat). Bed and mattress were very confortable and we had a relaxed sleep.
The hotel staff is very kind and attentive. When we arrived quite early in the morning (10a.m.) the staff at the reception provide us immediately a room given the presence of an infant. We appreciate it very much.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GenManager_CPKen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Alberto 1970
I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated our great location. I do hope you will be back again soon.
Lawder Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Newport Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The price of London hotels is so expensive. I was hoping to get a nicer room for the money. Rooms and bathroom were small. Room was a bit tired looking. The beds were comfortable and my goal was to find a room with two queen or double beds , which is hard to do in Europe. The location was good, and the front desk, restaurant staff and bellman were all very nice. I don't think I would stay here again. We thought of moving to The Levin or The Capital Hotel right near Harrods. 100 pounds more a night, but the location is better and the rooms looked better.

Room Tip: We did request a quiet room on a higher floor and they gave us a quiet room on the fifth floor with...
Dear Deluxe Traveller
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that we were able to give you exactly what you were looking for, i.e. a room with two double beds - we have a lot of these , as our rooms are larger than average for a London hotel and so have the space to have 2 double beds plus plenty of room to move around.
I'm glad that you liked our location ( an easy walk to the museums or Harrods and right opposite the tube station to make travel to any part of London easy) and also that you found our staff so pleasant.
So sorry to read that you wouldn;t stay here again - I do hope you will change your mind before your next visit to London.
Regards
Brighton, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The last 2 times staying here I was given an upgrade (as a Platinum Ambassador PCR member) to an exceptional split-level mezzanine suite and comp Club Lounge access, even when staying on PCR points on one of the occasions.

I had a Priority Club Rewards credit card voucher for a free night at any IHG property, and chose to use it at the CP Kensington based on the previous experiences there, though I could have chosen either of the 2 London 5-Star Intercontinentals.

They are not obliged to give any upgrade on points nights, and this time they didn't. Disappointing as it was clearly far from full, but fair enough. All I was offered was Club Lounge access for £30, which I took as it was superb on previous visits.

I was given a room on the second floor which was OK but looking quite tired, all the wood (and there was a lot) was heavily marked and scuffed.

I could live with that, but it was the Club Lounge that let it down. Previously it had a full hostess service with a large array of constantly changing hot and cold canapes and appetisers and possibly one of the best in the country in my opinion. This time there was 1 cold appetiser (though kept on top of the hot lamps above the serving cabinet) and 1 hot appetiser. When I eventually asked if there was to be anything else, the (very pleasant) hostess told me yes, but it would be replenishments of the same.
Frankly guys this is not good enough. You've gone from best to worst Club Lounge. I paid £30 for that and being penny-pinching with your poor offering isn't going to get me back in a hurry. I wished I'd spent my £30 in Waitrose across the road. I ended up going there anyway.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Keith-in-Brighton-UK
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us.
I am sorry that we were not able to give you a complimentary upgrade on this visit to our hotel. As I'm sure you are aware, but for the benefit of other readers, Priority Club Members are entitled to a an upgrade to the next available room type, subject to availability at the time of arrival. As we aim to sell all our rooms, at busy times such as we are currently experiencing, all our club rooms and suites are booked in advance by guests who are paying for that room type. We do always try to give upgrades where we can, but as over 40% of our guests are Priority Club Members, it is not always possible to give an upgrade on every visit.
Our Club Lounge is staffed by a hostess, as it always has been, in the mornings and evenings, I'm pleased to note that you found her very pleasant.
The Crowne Plaza Club Lounge includes a complimentary continental breakfast breakfast ( although we also add some hot items), trea, coffee and cold drinks available all day and a complimentary full bar with canapes in the early evening. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy the choice of canapes on this visit and that consequently we have moved in your opinion, from the best to the worst club lounge.
I do hpoe that you will try us again on your next visit and that you will enjoy the selection available.

Helsinki
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Spent just one night in this hotel, but it offered us exactly what we needed. Arrived quite late, so the fact that the oriental restaurant was just downstairs was great. No need for transportation with tired kids... Room was big enough, tidy and well equipped, exept that there was just one beer in the minibar.
Breakfast was ok and the courtyard was really good and safe for kids to run around.
I will visit this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GenManager_CPKen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Moykky
I am so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked Umami, our Asian fusion restaurant. The 1 acre garden that your children enjoyed so much, is in fact unique for a hotel in the centre of London.
I do hope you will comeback soon.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with a colleague before the Garden Party at Buckingham Palace.
The hotel is in a great location just across the road from Gloucester Road tube station.
A real bonus was the lovely sheltered garden.
Our room was well equipped with two large comfy beds. Nice bathroom. Robes and slippers would have been nice though!
We had lunch on both days which was nice as well as dinner in the Asian style restaurant- it was very nice.
Service in the bar was good and reception staff were helpful too.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Honeycat 2307

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you also enjoyed the garden party at Buckingham Palace. That must have been a real treat.
So sorry that there were no slippers or bathrobes in your room - we will make sure they are there next time.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel is convenient to the tube, grocery store, restaurant and bus stops everything is across the street. The hotel provides hot or cold breakfast it was included in our hotel deal. The hotel staff were courteous and very helpful it's ok not to tip.The hotel provides transportation to and from the airport with a fee for us it's 80 pounds for 4 people. Free wifi, they have concierge that arrange for a day trip, my kids got a student discount they just showed their ID. I would recommend this hotel and be sure to come back next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GenManager_CPKen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Felina 1
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I'm so pleased that you would reccomend this hotel and hope you will be back agin yourselves very soon.
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Still here- but this is great- right near the tube- very convenient to everything- great area- full grocery/wine and beer store right across street in the arcade. near fast food- good pubs too.
very comfortable rooms tho a bit smal as most of London is apparently- sleeping on a cloud-beds very comfy. Great attentive service. Become a priority club member - awesome!!
Great br, lounge area, an patio/gardfen area in back. Relaxing.

Room Tip: only very good on the rooms cuz they're small by USA standards- and double beds
Dear Marq2
Thank you for your review, I am glad you are enjoying your stay with us.
Whilst our rooms may not be large by American standards, they are certainly larger than the average size in London hotels. For our largest rooms, on your next visit, please ask for one of our Deluxe rooms - these have a lot of extra space as well as two double beds. Our Club rooms and suites have king size beds which you may also appreciate.
Lawder Smith

Been to Crowne Plaza London Kensington? Share your experiences!