Last week my wife and I were at the Crowne Plaza London Kensington. Landing at Heathrow, the Piccadilly line directly to the hotel. Once coming out of the subway station and turn left, the hotel is across the street.
Station also has the District line, which can reach to several other places like Kew Gardens, and the Circle Line that comes to many key points in the city.
Asian restaurant next to the hotel - hotel customers receive a 25% discount for meals until 19:00.
Hotel breakfast is quite expensive relative to the selection offered. We lacked vegetables like cucumber, onion, pepper, and cheese selection was small. Perhaps this is due to the nature of the British breakfast (-:
On the other side of the road there is a restaurant Garfunkel. We also tried to pit her meal. Cheaper price hotel, but probably being a British breakfast is not suitable for us.
Across the road and adjacent restaurant Garfunkel, there is a supermarket where you can find everything from fruits, vegetables, cheeses, sausages and of course bread and rolls.
There is also the option to purchase prepared sandwiches and light meals.
Near the restaurant "Garfunkel", there is another restaurant - Italian. We ate a lunch, the portions were large, satisfying and not too expensive.
Another building in front of the subway station has a "Starbucks coffee", "Burger King" and patisserie.
The hotel itself is very clean, large room and excellent bed.
There is a shower and bath,
The room has a safe, kettle and materials for making tea or coffee, minibar with customer products space, hair dryer, iron and ironing board.
Missing little space for clothes, especially those staying for a longer period.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Kensington Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Kensington Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Kensington
- Holiday Inn London
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a contemporary designed boutique hotel just a stone's throw away from Gloucester Road tube station with direct connectivity from Heathrow Airport (via the Piccadilly line) and from Victoria train station (via the District or Circle line). Harrods, Hyde Park, Natural History Museum, Royal Albert Hall and Science Museum, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres are few of London's top tourist attractions that are in close proximity to the hotel. Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a perfect hub for shopaholics as Knightsbridge, Sloane Square and the West End are all easily accessible. Retreat and recharge in one of the 162 spacious bedrooms featuring new beds, linen and other facilities such as highspeed broadband internet access and 32 inch flat screen televisions to meet the requirements of a savvy traveller. Of all of Kensington's bars, The Bar seems to be a favourite hang out for locals that end up dining at the Umami restaurant. Crowne Plaza London Kensington boasts over 250 square metres of event spaces that all have natural daylight. The boardroom and garden room overlook the hotels private landscaped garden; a rare sight in a central London hotel. The hotel also has a state of the art fitness suite with the most up to date training equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, LondonMarketing.com and Priceline so you can book your Crowne Plaza London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.