My decision to stay at this hotel was the need to be close to the Royal Albert Hall. i was also expecting an expensive closet sized room. I was pleasantly surprised that the room had two queen sized beds in a very reasonably sized room. The table was small but it did have two chairs in a bay window overlooking Cromwell Road. Sound insulation was excellent. Across the street was a large Waitrose supermarket, the Gloucester Road Underground station.and a very presentable pub. Two blocks down the road was the Natural History Museum. The neighbourhood appeared clean and safe. I had breakfast as part of my package and the food was very good. Nothing like a full English breakfast to start the day. My room cost £816.85 for two people including breakfast and all taxes for two nights. That is $640 CAN per night. Welcome to London prices! Parking was non-existent but who want a car in London!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a contemporary designed boutique hotel just a stone's throw away from Gloucester Road tube station with direct connectivity from Heathrow Airport (via the Piccadilly line) and from Victoria train station (via the District or Circle line). Harrods, Hyde Park, Natural History Museum, Royal Albert Hall and Science Museum, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres are few of London's top tourist attractions that are in close proximity to the hotel. Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a perfect hub for shopaholics as Knightsbridge, Sloane Square and the West End are all easily accessible. Retreat and recharge in one of the 162 spacious bedrooms featuring new beds, linen and other facilities such as highspeed broadband internet access and 32 inch flat screen televisions to meet the requirements of a savvy traveller. Of all of Kensington's bars, The Bar seems to be a favourite hang out for locals that end up dining at the Umami restaurant. Crowne Plaza London Kensington boasts over 250 square metres of event spaces that all have natural daylight. The boardroom and garden room overlook the hotels private landscaped garden; a rare sight in a central London hotel. The hotel also has a state of the art fitness suite with the most up to date training equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, LondonMarketing.com and Priceline so you can book your Crowne Plaza London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Kensington Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington England