Just got back from a stay at the Crowne Plaza
I had booked 2 double standard rooms some months ago and rang the in house reservations requesting inter connecting rooms as my Mum is 81 and needs assistance in the morning. I spoke to Victoria who couldn't have been more helpful and suggested an accessible room might be easier for Mum as it has a walk in shower - this meant upgrading us to club rooms at no extra charge, she even re issued the e mail confirmation.
Also, I rang the concierge before arriving to find out about local hair dressers for my Mum and they gave me several options all of which were virtually across the street.
The rooms were really nice (although the bed was very firm - but that was more my problem as it was fine for my husband)and we were generally really pleased with the whole stay - reception staff we very friendly and the concierge were a credit to the team.
The reason I have give 4/5 not 5/5 is 2 small things.
Firstly on arrival, we were given a non accessible room and it took quite a while to sort it out - but we got there in the end and the rooms were interconnecting as well!
Secondly, we were in rooms 415 and 417 and the shower heads on the 2 showers in 417 and the one in 415 had broken with makeshift repairs rather than being replaced which were then a pain to shower under. Really that sort of thing should be picked up by housekeeping or maintenance.
Other than that a great stay and I would stay there again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a contemporary designed boutique hotel just a stone's throw away from Gloucester Road tube station with direct connectivity from Heathrow Airport (via the Piccadilly line) and from Victoria train station (via the District or Circle line). Harrods, Hyde Park, Natural History Museum, Royal Albert Hall and Science Museum, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres are few of London's top tourist attractions that are in close proximity to the hotel. Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a perfect hub for shopaholics as Knightsbridge, Sloane Square and the West End are all easily accessible. Retreat and recharge in one of the 162 spacious bedrooms featuring new beds, linen and other facilities such as highspeed broadband internet access and 32 inch flat screen televisions to meet the requirements of a savvy traveller. Of all of Kensington's bars, The Bar seems to be a favourite hang out for locals that end up dining at the Umami restaurant. Crowne Plaza London Kensington boasts over 250 square metres of event spaces that all have natural daylight. The boardroom and garden room overlook the hotels private landscaped garden; a rare sight in a central London hotel. The hotel also has a state of the art fitness suite with the most up to date training equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, IHG, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Kensington Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington England