If you want a hotel near to the museums (Natural History, Science, V&A) then this is ideal. You are in easy walking distance of all of these and Hyde Park, the Albert Hall, the Albert Memorial and many other places of interest and just a little bit further.
The room was very comfortable with a huge bed, a good bathroom with both bath and shower (and lots of nice bathing materials) and all the usual things. Free wifi was very useful but it seemed a bit slow.
We had a "club" room which gave us access to the club lounge. This is really worth paying the extra for. In the lounge you can have breakfast in peace, sit quietly during the day and meet for free drinks and appetisers in the evening. All very civilised!
The food was very good too. The breakfasts were great and really set you up for the day. The "fusion" style restaurant was also good as was the room service.
Staff were friendly and efficient, really very good.
This isn't cheap but in it's price range strongly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a contemporary designed boutique hotel just a stone's throw away from Gloucester Road tube station with direct connectivity from Heathrow Airport (via the Piccadilly line) and from Victoria train station (via the District or Circle line). Harrods, Hyde Park, Natural History Museum, Royal Albert Hall and Science Museum, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres are few of London's top tourist attractions that are in close proximity to the hotel. Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a perfect hub for shopaholics as Knightsbridge, Sloane Square and the West End are all easily accessible. Retreat and recharge in one of the 162 spacious bedrooms featuring new beds, linen and other facilities such as highspeed broadband internet access and 32 inch flat screen televisions to meet the requirements of a savvy traveller. Of all of Kensington's bars, The Bar seems to be a favourite hang out for locals that end up dining at the Umami restaurant. Crowne Plaza London Kensington boasts over 250 square metres of event spaces that all have natural daylight. The boardroom and garden room overlook the hotels private landscaped garden; a rare sight in a central London hotel. The hotel also has a state of the art fitness suite with the most up to date training equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, LondonMarketing.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Kensington Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington England