Recently stayed in the Crowne Plaza for a 2 night stay in London. This is a fabulous Hotel, very well priced within the london market, in a great location right beside Gloucester Rd tube station, on a direct tube from Heathrow. Our room had 2 double beds which were exceptionally comfortable. There were plenty of towels in the bathroom with complimentary toiletries to cater for your every need even a hairdryer and iron. They gave 2 bottles of complimentary water per day which was a nice touch. The hotel was quiet no disturbances at all. My only quibble was the mandatory mini bar charge on checkin which will only be credited back after your departure. if i hadn't brought a credit card i'm not sure how this would have been handled. Seasoned travellers have told me i should have asked for it to be emptied and not paid the deposit at all. The hotel bar was nice but there was no drinks menu which was strange, maybe they were updating it but it meant we stuck to what we knew rather than being a bit more adventurous, if they'd had a cocktail menu we probably would have tried some!
Breakfast starts at 730am so if you're heading off on an early tour you can't get breakfast before that so make sure you stop off at the Waitross across the road or there are many coffee places near the tube station that can provide an early breakfast. The inhouse Asian restuarant was fab and the staff were lovely.
Would definitely stay again its a little gem
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Kensington Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Kensington Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Kensington
- Holiday Inn London
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a contemporary designed boutique hotel just a stone's throw away from Gloucester Road tube station with direct connectivity from Heathrow Airport (via the Piccadilly line) and from Victoria train station (via the District or Circle line). Harrods, Hyde Park, Natural History Museum, Royal Albert Hall and Science Museum, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres are few of London's top tourist attractions that are in close proximity to the hotel. Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a perfect hub for shopaholics as Knightsbridge, Sloane Square and the West End are all easily accessible. Retreat and recharge in one of the 162 spacious bedrooms featuring new beds, linen and other facilities such as highspeed broadband internet access and 32 inch flat screen televisions to meet the requirements of a savvy traveller. Of all of Kensington's bars, The Bar seems to be a favourite hang out for locals that end up dining at the Umami restaurant. Crowne Plaza London Kensington boasts over 250 square metres of event spaces that all have natural daylight. The boardroom and garden room overlook the hotels private landscaped garden; a rare sight in a central London hotel. The hotel also has a state of the art fitness suite with the most up to date training equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.