“Great Hotel in London” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza London Kensington

You added Crowne Plaza London Kensington to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza London Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Cromwell Road | Kensington, London SW7 4ER, England (South Kensington)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #174 of 1,052 Hotels in London
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great Hotel in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for one night in November. The hotel is close to the Gloucester Road Tube station, only a three minute walk. The Hotel staff were excellent, well done!!! I had the use of the club lounge which was well furnished and with free internet access when staying in a club room. Breakfast in the lounge was very good. A very nice hotel handily situated.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GenManager_CPKen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear R8fan
Thank you for leaving feedback. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the newly refurbished Club Lounge. For the benefit of other readers, as well as free wi-fi, our Club Lounge offers free use of both PC and Apple Mac.
We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to London.
Lawder Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Shrivenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We booked this stay on the Internet. We needed a short stay family room with 2 kids as we were visiting the theatre. We arrived at the hotel and were able to drop our bags with the concierge which was great. Gloucester Rd underground just around the corner. Booking in on return was easy, though a little wait. I had notified that this was a birthday treat and to our surprise we were given a free upgrade to club. Room was great 2 good size doubles ensuite. Fabulous. Breakfast was very good both cooked and continental. We usually use Holiday Inn but this stay was much better And if we get back to London they would certainly try this hotel first. Excellent stopover, great online price and definitely recommend.

Room Tip: This hotel acknowledged my request as abirthday treat and upgrade our room. Great value and even pro...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GenManager_CPKen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Alister J
Thank you for leaving a review of our hotel, I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us - I hope you will be back again for your next birthday , if not before. With so many theatres in London, all easily accessible from our hotel by the tube station opposite, there is always something new to see. Our Concierge is on hand to advise on the latest shows as well as being able to get the best tickets for you.
Osaka, Japan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my parents for 3 nights in September and it is one of the worst experiences I have ever had at a hotel.

Our itinerary was a bit complicated because we originally had a booking with the first 2 nights for 3 persons and the third night for 2 persons, which was an advance purchase plan.
As my schedule had been changed, I reported at the front desk upon arrival that 3 persons would stay for 3 nights. This means we had to pay additional charge for 1 person for 1 night.

What happened to us when checking out was the receptionist tried to charge us additional charge for 2 nights. We tried to show him the copy of our booking sent from the reservation department via email, but he just glanced at it and never listened to us. He even claimed that he did his job as the computer said!
Moreover, after he had kept us waiting about 1 hour, he was like "Ok, no problem. You don't have to pay anything." He actually never apologized until I said he should have done so.

Was I happy because I didn't have to pay the extra charge for 1 night? No way!
He wasted our time and totally spoiled our trip on the last day in the UK. My parents were leaving for home in Japan and I was going back to Sheffield for my study. It was our last day to spend together. We knew we were not able to see each other for another year, so we all were so disappointed.

Although my dad complained to the reservation department after he went back home, he has never got any reply.

When I stayed at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport in Singapore, the staffs were really friendly and well trained.
Actually, other staffs at this hotel in London were nice, so I don't think his attitude is Crowne Plaza's standard.

Anyway, I will never choose this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Twelvemile
I am so sorry to read from your review, of the poor response you recieved from one of our receptionists when you were checking out. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you were caused.
I do hope that until that point, that you were enjoying your stay with us. I am pleased to note that you found the rest of our staff very nice and that this particular receptionist was not representative of the hotel as a whole.
We will of course, try to identify the receptionist who spoke to you and help him understand how he should have dealt with the error he found on your account.
Yours sincerely
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The service and facilities at this hotel are very good. The rooms and reception have recently been refurbished to a high standard. The staff were all friendly and helpful and very good with our 3 year old. We used the club lounge which was a nice extra, the breakfast in the lounge was good but the evening snacks were a bit poor. We had a room facing the garden at the back of the hotel and the rooms were very quiet.

Room Tip: facing the garden
Dear James C
Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the club room you had and the newly refurbished club lounge on the ground floor.
I am sorry that the canapes served in the Club Lounge between 6 and 8pm were disappointing and I will ask our Chef to review these.
I hop eyou will be back with us again soon.

Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had stayed in this hotel when it was a Holiday Inn and been impressed, so was interested to see how the change to Crowne Plaza would affect it. Our welcome was first class by the Reception Manager Gyongyi Virag and we were made to feel very welcome and special, so what went wrong? We tried to order a ham sandwich and a diet coke and were told it would take 25 minutes, we were in a hurry because we were to be in the audience for Pointless, and as a diabetic I needed food. I explained the need for quicker room service, but after 30 minutes had passed we had to leave. We explained to the front desk, and the bill for room service did not appear. On our return we decided not to eat in the restaurant as the menu did not excite us, so ate at the Bombay Brasserie across the road. We had bought Breakfast vouchers at £14,99 each as a special treat, but now the Crowne Plaza really started to fall apart. An omelette was described as a decadent luxury at an extra £ 5, across the road at the Holiday Inn Kensington Forum, it is a no charge extra, and the layout of the restaurant was chaotic, with muesli on one station, the plates on another and the milk beside the cold meats, requiring a criss cross across the restaurant. The plates for breakfast were on another station, so toast in the toaster, then travel to get a plate then onto the hot selection. In their defence when I explained this to Gonzalo who was at the reception as we checked out, he immediately deleted the breakfast from our account and assured me that he would speak to the General Manager, Lawder Smith who has written to me explaining that they will try to remedy the issues.

I will be interested to see if there are any changes when I re-visit London next month.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GenManager_CPKen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Magickpyggie
Thank you for leaving feedback for us on both Trip Advisor and on our own Heartbeat Guest Questionnaire.
Once again, I apologise that you were inconvenienced by the delays on your room service order and the poor layout of the breakfast buffet.
I am pleased to note that youwill be returning again and we will do our very best to ensure you leave witha better impression of the hotel next time.
Yours sincerely
Torrance, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We booked two rooms for our family of six. I had the #520 and it was excellent space wise. We all have a garden view and it was quiet. Love the bathroom! The service was amazing! They arranged my transfer which was a big deal because there was a few of us in this trip. The Location was excellent! It is centralize to a lot of the sites and the Underground is right across the street. Not to mention, walking distance to the Natural Museum & Science Museum.

Room Tip: if you have a family of four. request room #520. Beds are doubles. The space is huge. A lot of room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GenManager_CPKen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Luvtotravel1988
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will be back again soon. Many of our bedrooms do overlook our 1 acre garden, but the rooms facing the front of the hotel are double glazed and so are also very quiet.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is the best hotel in London. great location, great service, great staff, great food....I could go on and on....try it! If you are a priority club member they will give you that extra care and plenty of benefits

Room Tip: duplex suite
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Bustrav44
Thank you for your review of our hotel , we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and hope you will be back again soon. I hope you had an opportunity to try our new Asian restaurant, Umami, diring your visit.
Lawder Smith

Been to Crowne Plaza London Kensington? Share your experiences!