I stayed at this hotel with my parents for 3 nights in September and it is one of the worst experiences I have ever had at a hotel.
Our itinerary was a bit complicated because we originally had a booking with the first 2 nights for 3 persons and the third night for 2 persons, which was an advance purchase plan.
As my schedule had been changed, I reported at the front desk upon arrival that 3 persons would stay for 3 nights. This means we had to pay additional charge for 1 person for 1 night.
What happened to us when checking out was the receptionist tried to charge us additional charge for 2 nights. We tried to show him the copy of our booking sent from the reservation department via email, but he just glanced at it and never listened to us. He even claimed that he did his job as the computer said!
Moreover, after he had kept us waiting about 1 hour, he was like "Ok, no problem. You don't have to pay anything." He actually never apologized until I said he should have done so.
Was I happy because I didn't have to pay the extra charge for 1 night? No way!
He wasted our time and totally spoiled our trip on the last day in the UK. My parents were leaving for home in Japan and I was going back to Sheffield for my study. It was our last day to spend together. We knew we were not able to see each other for another year, so we all were so disappointed.
Although my dad complained to the reservation department after he went back home, he has never got any reply.
When I stayed at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport in Singapore, the staffs were really friendly and well trained.
Actually, other staffs at this hotel in London were nice, so I don't think his attitude is Crowne Plaza's standard.
Anyway, I will never choose this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a contemporary designed boutique hotel just a stone's throw away from Gloucester Road tube station with direct connectivity from Heathrow Airport (via the Piccadilly line) and from Victoria train station (via the District or Circle line). Harrods, Hyde Park, Natural History Museum, Royal Albert Hall and Science Museum, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres are few of London's top tourist attractions that are in close proximity to the hotel. Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a perfect hub for shopaholics as Knightsbridge, Sloane Square and the West End are all easily accessible. Retreat and recharge in one of the 162 spacious bedrooms featuring new beds, linen and other facilities such as highspeed broadband internet access and 32 inch flat screen televisions to meet the requirements of a savvy traveller. Of all of Kensington's bars, The Bar seems to be a favourite hang out for locals that end up dining at the Umami restaurant. Crowne Plaza London Kensington boasts over 250 square metres of event spaces that all have natural daylight. The boardroom and garden room overlook the hotels private landscaped garden; a rare sight in a central London hotel. The hotel also has a state of the art fitness suite with the most up to date training equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, IHG, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Crowne Plaza London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Kensington Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington England