“Good location and facilities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza London Kensington

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza London Kensington to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza London Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Cromwell Road | Kensington, London SW7 4ER, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #165 of 1,066 Hotels in London
London
“Good location and facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The service and facilities at this hotel are very good. The rooms and reception have recently been refurbished to a high standard. The staff were all friendly and helpful and very good with our 3 year old. We used the club lounge which was a nice extra, the breakfast in the lounge was good but the evening snacks were a bit poor. We had a room facing the garden at the back of the hotel and the rooms were very quiet.

Room Tip: facing the garden
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GenManager_CPKen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear James C
Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the club room you had and the newly refurbished club lounge on the ground floor.
I am sorry that the canapes served in the Club Lounge between 6 and 8pm were disappointing and I will ask our Chef to review these.
I hop eyou will be back with us again soon.

Lawder Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Greek first
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I had stayed in this hotel when it was a Holiday Inn and been impressed, so was interested to see how the change to Crowne Plaza would affect it. Our welcome was first class by the Reception Manager Gyongyi Virag and we were made to feel very welcome and special, so what went wrong? We tried to order a ham sandwich and a diet coke and were told it would take 25 minutes, we were in a hurry because we were to be in the audience for Pointless, and as a diabetic I needed food. I explained the need for quicker room service, but after 30 minutes had passed we had to leave. We explained to the front desk, and the bill for room service did not appear. On our return we decided not to eat in the restaurant as the menu did not excite us, so ate at the Bombay Brasserie across the road. We had bought Breakfast vouchers at £14,99 each as a special treat, but now the Crowne Plaza really started to fall apart. An omelette was described as a decadent luxury at an extra £ 5, across the road at the Holiday Inn Kensington Forum, it is a no charge extra, and the layout of the restaurant was chaotic, with muesli on one station, the plates on another and the milk beside the cold meats, requiring a criss cross across the restaurant. The plates for breakfast were on another station, so toast in the toaster, then travel to get a plate then onto the hot selection. In their defence when I explained this to Gonzalo who was at the reception as we checked out, he immediately deleted the breakfast from our account and assured me that he would speak to the General Manager, Lawder Smith who has written to me explaining that they will try to remedy the issues.

I will be interested to see if there are any changes when I re-visit London next month.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GenManager_CPKen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Magickpyggie
Thank you for leaving feedback for us on both Trip Advisor and on our own Heartbeat Guest Questionnaire.
Once again, I apologise that you were inconvenienced by the delays on your room service order and the poor layout of the breakfast buffet.
I am pleased to note that youwill be returning again and we will do our very best to ensure you leave witha better impression of the hotel next time.
Yours sincerely
Torrance, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We booked two rooms for our family of six. I had the #520 and it was excellent space wise. We all have a garden view and it was quiet. Love the bathroom! The service was amazing! They arranged my transfer which was a big deal because there was a few of us in this trip. The Location was excellent! It is centralize to a lot of the sites and the Underground is right across the street. Not to mention, walking distance to the Natural Museum & Science Museum.

Room Tip: if you have a family of four. request room #520. Beds are doubles. The space is huge. A lot of room...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GenManager_CPKen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Luvtotravel1988
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will be back again soon. Many of our bedrooms do overlook our 1 acre garden, but the rooms facing the front of the hotel are double glazed and so are also very quiet.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is the best hotel in London. great location, great service, great staff, great food....I could go on and on....try it! If you are a priority club member they will give you that extra care and plenty of benefits

Room Tip: duplex suite
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Bustrav44
Thank you for your review of our hotel , we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and hope you will be back again soon. I hope you had an opportunity to try our new Asian restaurant, Umami, diring your visit.
Bournemouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Have stayed at several Crowne Plaza's and this is one of the nicest. The hotel has a nice blend of modern decor and features whilst being set in a traditional 'old style London' building. The staff were excellent and whilst we didnt eat there the bar was welcoming as were the bar staff.

Our room (with two queen beds) was spacious and comfortable with all the acroutrements you would expect from this brand

The hotel is very well situated for West London, museums such as V&A, Natural History and Science museums are a short walk as is shopping in Knightsbrifge (Harrods, Harvey Nic's, Sloane Square etc). If you are going to the theatre, again only a short tube ride away (10-14 mins)

The only thing that stops this being a five star is that it is just so damn expensive, like most things in London, but no worse than Paris or Rome, probably less expensive than Paris.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GenManager_CPKen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear BigDad 62
Thank you for you review of our hotel and I am pleased that you thought it was one of the nicest you have stayed in. The hotel is in fact a purpose built hotel behind a Regency facade that is protected.
I am sorry that you felt the hotel was too expensive ( although I can assure yo that it is competitive in comparrison to other London hotels). The best rates can aleays be found on our own website.
I do hope you will return again soon.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Booked 2 Club rooms for 3 nights directly though hotel 2 months in advance, one with 2 double bed and another with King bed with request for close rooms. However, was informed only during check-in that they do not have King bed club rooms and double bed club rooms on the same level and suggested that they change the double bed club room to a deluxe room if we want our rooms on the same floor. This is ridiculous, I paid for a Club room and they feel that they are doing me a service by lowering my room class !!

Upon entry to my Club Double bed room, there is a smell of vomit. I then asked for a change of room but they said that they do not have one avaliable and can only ask housekeeping to spray some air freshener. The smell went away after the spray though. There are also stains on carpets and funiture do not look as new / clean as other Club rooms I have stayed.

The next surprise I get is that no provision of disposable bedroom slippers and that there is only 3 pieces of tissue left in my newly checked in Club room. Slippers were however later provided upon request.

Service at the Club Lounge, however, is excellent with a good selection of drinks.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Girder 22
I was very soory to read that you were not able to get the rooms you believe you had booked with us. Our club rooms in fact all have one king size bed. We do not have any Club rooms with 2 double beds. Our Deluxe rooms all have 2 double beds. Our reservations team are all aware of our room types and as these are pre programmed in to our computer system, it ios not possible to book anything else. Please acept my sincre apologies if anyone gave you the impression that the two double bedded room would be a Club room rather than a Deluxe room.

Nottingham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during half term with our 4 year old. room was ver tired and a bit dated but reasonably clean. The reason I've scored cleanliness low is due to the awful smell coming from the bathroom. It smelled like drains or mustiness. Having complained (twice) they did offer to move us at 9.00pm when we were trying to settle our daughter to bed. We did move but it was only next door as it didn't seem to smell. However, the smell soon appeared in the same way. Wonder if they'd tried to spray and mask it initially. We figured it was due to the fans not working in the bathrooms. After the first night we didn't bother to complain again as we were out all day and sprayed with complimentary pillow spray?! Overall breakfast ok but if you get there towards the end of service there won't be much left as it doesn't seem to get replenished. No croissants or bacon left when we arrived at 9.30. Service was hit and miss when ordering coffee, asking for milk etc. We had a two double bed room for 3 of us. Beds a bit on the small side for a hotel of this cost but I guess that's what we booked. Beds were hard though. We thought we got a good price of £370 for 2 nights inc breakfast, given the location but wouldn't stay again. Quick lunch at Paul's across the road recommended though and it's only a short walk to museums.

Room Tip: Our smelly rooms were on 1st floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear Doughgirl
I was so sorry to read of your disapppointment with your stay here. I have asked our maintenance team to identify which room you were staying in and to check that the bathroom extract fan is working properly. Please accept my sincere apologies that you had to move rooms at a time when you were putting your daughter to bed.
Our twin rooms ( which you were staying in) all have 2 standard double beds. However, for larger beds, our Club rooms and suites have either king size or super king beds.
I do hope that you will try our hotel again so that we can restore your confidence in our rooms.
Lawder Smith

Been to Crowne Plaza London Kensington? Share your experiences!