I had stayed in this hotel when it was a Holiday Inn and been impressed, so was interested to see how the change to Crowne Plaza would affect it. Our welcome was first class by the Reception Manager Gyongyi Virag and we were made to feel very welcome and special, so what went wrong? We tried to order a ham sandwich and a diet coke and were told it would take 25 minutes, we were in a hurry because we were to be in the audience for Pointless, and as a diabetic I needed food. I explained the need for quicker room service, but after 30 minutes had passed we had to leave. We explained to the front desk, and the bill for room service did not appear. On our return we decided not to eat in the restaurant as the menu did not excite us, so ate at the Bombay Brasserie across the road. We had bought Breakfast vouchers at £14,99 each as a special treat, but now the Crowne Plaza really started to fall apart. An omelette was described as a decadent luxury at an extra £ 5, across the road at the Holiday Inn Kensington Forum, it is a no charge extra, and the layout of the restaurant was chaotic, with muesli on one station, the plates on another and the milk beside the cold meats, requiring a criss cross across the restaurant. The plates for breakfast were on another station, so toast in the toaster, then travel to get a plate then onto the hot selection. In their defence when I explained this to Gonzalo who was at the reception as we checked out, he immediately deleted the breakfast from our account and assured me that he would speak to the General Manager, Lawder Smith who has written to me explaining that they will try to remedy the issues.
I will be interested to see if there are any changes when I re-visit London next month.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a contemporary designed boutique hotel just a stone's throw away from Gloucester Road tube station with direct connectivity from Heathrow Airport (via the Piccadilly line) and from Victoria train station (via the District or Circle line). Harrods, Hyde Park, Natural History Museum, Royal Albert Hall and Science Museum, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres are few of London's top tourist attractions that are in close proximity to the hotel. Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a perfect hub for shopaholics as Knightsbridge, Sloane Square and the West End are all easily accessible. Retreat and recharge in one of the 162 spacious bedrooms featuring new beds, linen and other facilities such as highspeed broadband internet access and 32 inch flat screen televisions to meet the requirements of a savvy traveller. Of all of Kensington's bars, The Bar seems to be a favourite hang out for locals that end up dining at the Umami restaurant. Crowne Plaza London Kensington boasts over 250 square metres of event spaces that all have natural daylight. The boardroom and garden room overlook the hotels private landscaped garden; a rare sight in a central London hotel. The hotel also has a state of the art fitness suite with the most up to date training equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Kensington Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington England