“FAB!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza London Kensington

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza London Kensington to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza London Kensington
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Cromwell Road | Kensington, London SW7 4ER, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #136 of 1,069 hotels in London
London
“FAB!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is the best hotel in London. great location, great service, great staff, great food....I could go on and on....try it! If you are a priority club member they will give you that extra care and plenty of benefits

Room Tip: duplex suite
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GenManager_CPKen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Bustrav44
Thank you for your review of our hotel , we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and hope you will be back again soon. I hope you had an opportunity to try our new Asian restaurant, Umami, diring your visit.

1,290 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Greek first
Bournemouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Have stayed at several Crowne Plaza's and this is one of the nicest. The hotel has a nice blend of modern decor and features whilst being set in a traditional 'old style London' building. The staff were excellent and whilst we didnt eat there the bar was welcoming as were the bar staff.

Our room (with two queen beds) was spacious and comfortable with all the acroutrements you would expect from this brand

The hotel is very well situated for West London, museums such as V&A, Natural History and Science museums are a short walk as is shopping in Knightsbrifge (Harrods, Harvey Nic's, Sloane Square etc). If you are going to the theatre, again only a short tube ride away (10-14 mins)

The only thing that stops this being a five star is that it is just so damn expensive, like most things in London, but no worse than Paris or Rome, probably less expensive than Paris.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
GenManager_CPKen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear BigDad 62
Thank you for you review of our hotel and I am pleased that you thought it was one of the nicest you have stayed in. The hotel is in fact a purpose built hotel behind a Regency facade that is protected.
I am sorry that you felt the hotel was too expensive ( although I can assure yo that it is competitive in comparrison to other London hotels). The best rates can aleays be found on our own website.
I do hope you will return again soon.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Booked 2 Club rooms for 3 nights directly though hotel 2 months in advance, one with 2 double bed and another with King bed with request for close rooms. However, was informed only during check-in that they do not have King bed club rooms and double bed club rooms on the same level and suggested that they change the double bed club room to a deluxe room if we want our rooms on the same floor. This is ridiculous, I paid for a Club room and they feel that they are doing me a service by lowering my room class !!

Upon entry to my Club Double bed room, there is a smell of vomit. I then asked for a change of room but they said that they do not have one avaliable and can only ask housekeeping to spray some air freshener. The smell went away after the spray though. There are also stains on carpets and funiture do not look as new / clean as other Club rooms I have stayed.

The next surprise I get is that no provision of disposable bedroom slippers and that there is only 3 pieces of tissue left in my newly checked in Club room. Slippers were however later provided upon request.

Service at the Club Lounge, however, is excellent with a good selection of drinks.

Dear Girder 22
I was very soory to read that you were not able to get the rooms you believe you had booked with us. Our club rooms in fact all have one king size bed. We do not have any Club rooms with 2 double beds. Our Deluxe rooms all have 2 double beds. Our reservations team are all aware of our room types and as these are pre programmed in to our computer system, it ios not possible to book anything else. Please acept my sincre apologies if anyone gave you the impression that the two double bedded room would be a Club room rather than a Deluxe room.

Nottingham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during half term with our 4 year old. room was ver tired and a bit dated but reasonably clean. The reason I've scored cleanliness low is due to the awful smell coming from the bathroom. It smelled like drains or mustiness. Having complained (twice) they did offer to move us at 9.00pm when we were trying to settle our daughter to bed. We did move but it was only next door as it didn't seem to smell. However, the smell soon appeared in the same way. Wonder if they'd tried to spray and mask it initially. We figured it was due to the fans not working in the bathrooms. After the first night we didn't bother to complain again as we were out all day and sprayed with complimentary pillow spray?! Overall breakfast ok but if you get there towards the end of service there won't be much left as it doesn't seem to get replenished. No croissants or bacon left when we arrived at 9.30. Service was hit and miss when ordering coffee, asking for milk etc. We had a two double bed room for 3 of us. Beds a bit on the small side for a hotel of this cost but I guess that's what we booked. Beds were hard though. We thought we got a good price of £370 for 2 nights inc breakfast, given the location but wouldn't stay again. Quick lunch at Paul's across the road recommended though and it's only a short walk to museums.

Room Tip: Our smelly rooms were on 1st floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear Doughgirl
I was so sorry to read of your disapppointment with your stay here. I have asked our maintenance team to identify which room you were staying in and to check that the bathroom extract fan is working properly. Please accept my sincere apologies that you had to move rooms at a time when you were putting your daughter to bed.
Our twin rooms ( which you were staying in) all have 2 standard double beds. However, for larger beds, our Club rooms and suites have either king size or super king beds.
I do hope that you will try our hotel again so that we can restore your confidence in our rooms.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I recently spent 7 nights at this great London hotel. It was a return visit for us, as we had stayed there in 2011 while my husband was in London on business.
This trip was a vacation and we were both pleased that the hotel had remained the same since our previous visit.
We arrived early having had an overnight flight to London, and, although, we not able to enter our room as soon as we arrived, the front desk staff was more than helpful, storing our luggage etc, until we were able to check into our room.
We chose a club room on the 4th floor with a view of the back garden and were not disappointed. The room was very clean and comfortable, with a nice , large shower and tub. Having access to the Club Lounge was excellent for us, as we had breakfast there most days... nice hot eggs, sausages etc to chose from, and in the evening we were able to have drinks before dinner..
The staff were all friendly and welcoming and kindly arranged for a private car to take us to Heathrow on our final morning there. I highly recommend this hotel either for business or pleasure. We had a great time and will definitely be back next time we are in London.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Middleastgirl
I was so pleased to read from your review that you enjoyed your second visit to the hotel and that you appreciated the club room with access to our exclusive club lounge.
We look forward to welcoming you back for a third visit and a fourth ...
Torquay, Devon, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed here for one night only, but it is literally across the road from Gloucester Road tube, and 5 minute walk from the Natural History Museum, and maybe 20 mins to Harrod (and I'm talking about walking with a 5 year old).

The room wasnt cheap, but was large and v clean with two double beds so was ideal, and the breakfast was great.

Prioity card holders (free to join, do it online before you book) get free access to the 24 hour priority lounge of reception, with free hot and soft drinks, and computer access.

Finally, you can dump your bags their early in the morning of check in before your room is ready, save you carrying them around town, and the same on the day of check out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GenManager_CPKen, General Manager at Crowne Plaza London Kensington, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear PaulC 1972
Thank you for leaving feedback on your recent stay, I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit.
For the benefit of other readers, the Priority Lounge referred to is actually the Club Lounge. Access is free to all guests booking a Club room or a suite. The lounge is open 24 hours a day and offers a complimentary breakfast, hot and cold soft drinks all day and a complimentary bar and canapes early evening. Guests in Club rooms or suites also get free wi-fi throughout the hotel and use of both Mac and PC's in the Club Lounge.
Priority Club members earn points for every qualifying stay, as well as a range of other benefits depending on the level of membership.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My mother and I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza on Cromwell Rd in Kensington (Oct 26th). On arrival at 2pm there were no rooms ready for us so we popped across to Garfunkels for some lunch. When we returned an hour later there was a room ready - two double beds as requested. We had no problems coming in and going out of the hotel and we used the concierge service - they even delivered maps to our room with our bags.

The Check- In process was quite long winded with staff having to pop to see the duty manager with it seemed every check in. I also overheard some people who had booked rooms however there was no rooms in the hotel (if this makes sense) which was a bit un nerving.

Check out was similar, there were queues at the desk and people had arrived to find they had been given the wrong type of room etc. I agreed (to be seen to quickly) to have my bill sent to me via email, as we had not incurred any costs while staying. I am still waiting for my bill... although I did however last week recieve someone elses bill - complete with their address, contact details, last 4 digits of their card number and card type which I think is highly inappropriate.

Other than this a big thank you to Karim on concierge - as even though he was single handedly making bookings and running the luggage drop off he still had time for a smile and to apologise for the delays we experienced, which due to tuble lines being down, couldnt be avoided.

Dear Vikki T
Thank you for leaving a review of your stay. I was so sorry to read of the delay you experienced at both check-in and at check-out. Whilst this is not usual, there are unavoidably times when several guest arrive at the desk at the same time and have to wait whilst the guests in front are attended to by the 2 or 3 receptionists on duty.
Please accept my sincere apologies that you were sent the wrong bill, I have asked our Reception Manager to correct this right away .
Thank you for the kind comments about our concierge team, which I have passed on to them.
We look forward to being able to welcome you back on your next visit to London
Yours sincerely
Lawder Smith

Been to Crowne Plaza London Kensington? Share your experiences!