Have stayed at several Crowne Plaza's and this is one of the nicest. The hotel has a nice blend of modern decor and features whilst being set in a traditional 'old style London' building. The staff were excellent and whilst we didnt eat there the bar was welcoming as were the bar staff.
Our room (with two queen beds) was spacious and comfortable with all the acroutrements you would expect from this brand
The hotel is very well situated for West London, museums such as V&A, Natural History and Science museums are a short walk as is shopping in Knightsbrifge (Harrods, Harvey Nic's, Sloane Square etc). If you are going to the theatre, again only a short tube ride away (10-14 mins)
The only thing that stops this being a five star is that it is just so damn expensive, like most things in London, but no worse than Paris or Rome, probably less expensive than Paris.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Kensington Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza Kensington Hotel
- Holiday Inn Kensington
- Holiday Inn London
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a contemporary designed boutique hotel just a stone's throw away from Gloucester Road tube station with direct connectivity from Heathrow Airport (via the Piccadilly line) and from Victoria train station (via the District or Circle line). Harrods, Hyde Park, Natural History Museum, Royal Albert Hall and Science Museum, Earls Court and Olympia Exhibition Centres are few of London's top tourist attractions that are in close proximity to the hotel. Crowne Plaza London Kensington is a perfect hub for shopaholics as Knightsbridge, Sloane Square and the West End are all easily accessible. Retreat and recharge in one of the 162 spacious bedrooms featuring new beds, linen and other facilities such as highspeed broadband internet access and 32 inch flat screen televisions to meet the requirements of a savvy traveller. Of all of Kensington's bars, The Bar seems to be a favourite hang out for locals that end up dining at the Umami restaurant. Crowne Plaza London Kensington boasts over 250 square metres of event spaces that all have natural daylight. The boardroom and garden room overlook the hotels private landscaped garden; a rare sight in a central London hotel. The hotel also has a state of the art fitness suite with the most up to date training equipment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, AsiaRooms and Priceline so you can book your Crowne Plaza London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.