The hotel is in an ideal location for discovering London and is only a short walk from Shepherds Bush under and over ground stations. The staff were really very friendly and helpful and the hotel was neat and tidy with a good sized room which was equally well equipped.
My gripe is not particularly with the hotel itself but possibly more with the Hilton. We are regular travellers and are not surprised when a hotel takes our card details when we check in. However when I was told that my account would be debited £50 incase of charges or damages I was a little surprised but perhaps this was in the small print. I was also advised that if I made any charges to the room then a further £50 would be debited the next day.
When we woke on the day of departure we had a slip through the door for a fast check out the account had been debited £2.00 not a huge amount but I had not authorised this and was a little annoyed that it had been taken without my permission. It was the principle of it really. Reception staff dealt with this and assured me that my account would be credited with the full £50 but that this would take 3 working days. It didn't take 3 working days to take the money out of my account and so I was annoyed that I had to wait a total of 5 days before my money was returned.
As I say this was possibly an oversight on my part when reading the small print and in no way detracts from our stay but just a thought for anyone staying at the Hilton hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton London Kensington is located close to a lot of London event venues and some great shopping too. Only about a 7-minute walk from Holland Park underground station and one of the main central tube lines, Hilton London Kensington is surrounded by places to eat, drink, shop, and watch bands. There is always comedy or music at the Hammersmith Apollo - a simple walk away, or sporting events at Wembley stadium - a short train ride away. And with the modern, well-stocked Westfield shopping center located just across the road, when you stay at Hilton London Kensington you can shop all day. Whatever you chose to do in your spare time, the hotel itself is bright and airy. All the rooms have an LCD flat screen TV and a mini bar. If you don’t want a night in, relaxing in your comfortable room and don’t want to venture too far either; choose to dine in the romantic West Eleven restaurant after making the most of the 24-hour gym and the relaxing sauna and steam room. Staying at the Hilton London Kensington is about making the most out of your time in London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Kensington Hotel London
- London Hilton
- Hilton Kensington
- Hilton London Kensington England