My husband and I stayed at the Hilton on 2 separate occasions while in London in May 2008. The hotel is located in Kensington (about a 5-10 minute walk from the Holland Park Tube). The area is very nice, safe, and quiet. The hotel is clean and operates efficiently, but the rooms are very small. During our first stay, we had a room on the 5th floor. Our room had a safe which was large enough to hold my laptop. When we returned to the HIlton for our second stay, we were given a room on the 3rd floor. This room was very, very tiny - barely enough room to walk around the bed (I couldn't even roll my luggage to the other side of the room because it was so cramped). The safe was also smaller and would not hold my laptop, so we asked to switch rooms. Our luggage was transferred to a room on the 5th floor the following day. Unfortunately, I only took pictures of our larger room on the 5th floor. Furthermore, the walls are very thin and I could hear every door that opened/shut on our floor. There were a few minor irritants - not replacing used cups/spoons when the room was cleaned. There were some positives to this hotel as well. As I said before, nice location outside of the center of London. The concierge was helpful with directions and providing umbrellas on our many rainy days. The staff were helpful and accomodating, never rude. Overall, I think this hotel is a good value for the price since London is such an expensive city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton London Kensington is located close to a lot of London event venues and some great shopping too. Only about a 7-minute walk from Holland Park underground station and one of the main central tube lines, Hilton London Kensington is surrounded by places to eat, drink, shop, and watch bands. There is always comedy or music at the Hammersmith Apollo - a simple walk away, or sporting events at Wembley stadium - a short train ride away. And with the modern, well-stocked Westfield shopping center located just across the road, when you stay at Hilton London Kensington you can shop all day. Whatever you chose to do in your spare time, the hotel itself is bright and airy. All the rooms have an LCD flat screen TV and a mini bar. If you don’t want a night in, relaxing in your comfortable room and don’t want to venture too far either; choose to dine in the romantic West Eleven restaurant after making the most of the 24-hour gym and the relaxing sauna and steam room. Staying at the Hilton London Kensington is about making the most out of your time in London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, HotelTravel.com, LondonMarketing.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hilton London Kensington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Kensington Hotel London
- London Hilton
- Hilton Kensington
- Hilton London Kensington England