“Thank you Hilton Kensington” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 20% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #517 of 1,066 Hotels in London
south coast england
“Thank you Hilton Kensington”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

My husband, son and myself stayed in this hotel last year for a couple of nights and had a very pleasant stay in a lovely room, so we booked for my mum and Dad to stay here for 2 nights on 3rd and 4th Feb for my mums birthday. They have come home absolutely raving about their stay. In my mum's own words "they had been given and incredible room, the staff were amazingly friendly and helpful and to top it all they arrived back in their room after a day out to find a complimentary bottle of champagne and some lovely cakes for her birthday"
I would like to thank all the Hilton staff who made my mums birthday stay one that she will never forget. We definitely recommend staying here, and will be back ourselves in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton-Kensington, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am very happy that you have stayed with us twice in the last year and both times we were able to exceed your expectations. I have shared your comments with several members of staff and all of them were excited to hear that you parents enjoyed their stay are that we were able to help in making their weekend a memorable one!

Kensington Care Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stafford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton London Kensington on business. The hotel is conveniently placed near to a tube station. The reception and bars are smart enough and the bar staff know how to mix a damn fine Mojito. The room was pretty decent but lacked any style and was beginning to look it could do with a renovation. The same could be said for the bathroom which was in need of a spruce up. I had a decent nights sleep, so it can,t be faulted on that score. If you are looking for a bit of sparkle, you may need to look elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We have refurbished many of our rooms in the last couple of years and have recently added another room option for our guests. Our Deluxe rooms are located on the first and second floors and included in the package is a bottle of wine!

Windsor, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I agree with the positive reviews. This hotel is a good value for its location. However, the buyer should beware before making any telephone calls. This hotel has some very high--but "easy to understand" --telephone rates. (Their words, not mine) Even "free" calls are £3.15 per call and £3.15 per minute. See the attached photo for more phone rate details.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of our Hotel. We appreciate guest feedback and use it to enhance the experience of future guests. Our telephone rates are posted adjacent to the telephones in all of our guest rooms. I have passed you comments on to our Director of Operations and he is going to personally ensure that all of the rates are visible and clearly written.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I drove to London and park at Hilton underground parking.The room was recently refurbished with nice interior. Since it's just one night stay i dont have much time to explore the hotel. This hotel is suitable for those planning to spend lots of time in Westfield London and still close to London .The room is bit small but that's quite standard for rest of London.It's prefect for my short trip.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Hilton-Kensington, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, February 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Hilton London Kesington. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I normally travel with my family and stay in 5 Star resorts, so on my first trip overseas with my boyfriend I was a little hesitant to stay in anything less. We got a decent deal through our travel agent for the Hilton Kensington and seeing the HIlton name pop up on his list of possibilities I jumped at it straight away, knowing that with a chain name like hilton usually you can't go wrong.
And we were actually pleasently surprised.
The hotel is nice and close to the Shepard's bush tube station which is a pretty good spot to start. Nice and close to the brand new Westfield (less than 100m away) so if you want to shop you can, also lots of buses go from the large bus terminal there (although we stuck to the tube mostly).

The lobby is decent. We arrived at about 8pm, jet lagged and wanting to sleep. The receptionist told us we had been put in a room with twin beds. Upon correcting her she told us it was no problem and she moved us to a room with a King bed without hesitation (mind you it was the 27th of December and the hotel was really busy - so this was very much appreciated!)
The room was decent. It's not 5 star but you shouldn't go expecting that. I'd say 4 star. We got a cute little complementary Christmas platter with biscuits and a bottle of wine on arrival which was a nice surprise.
The bed was huge, a little firm, but fine. The place was nice and quiet and so we slept fine, even on New years eve when we expected some noise but didn't have any problems.
The bathroom had semi been re-done - there was a marble bench, however the bath had a shower curtain (which I hate) and not glass, but that was my only complaint about the bathroom. Room and bathroom were small but not tiny - we actually stayed in a much smaller room in New York prior to arriving in London.
Breakfast buffet was included in our package and had a good selection to the standard you would expect from a chain hotel buffet. I enjoyed the man who made omlets to order, although sometimes he was hiding away in the kitchen out the back and you had to ask for him, so don't be afraid to do that! Service at breakfast was good, quick, and the food was stocked pretty regularly (unless it was getting to the end of the opening hours). One morning we went at 7am to catch an early train to Paris and it was nice and quiet - avoid the 10am rush if you like to eat in peace.
No free internet was another down fall and surprised me considering most hotels are moving towards free wifi now.
Overall we were happy with our stay. Would like to be somewhere a little more central next time but we expected it wasn't going to be the centre of town so if you go knowing that then it's fine!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hilton-Kensington, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind review of our hotel. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us over the holiday season. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon to the Hilton London Kensington.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Spent last night in this poor quality Hilton hotel.My room was cold the heating didnt work properly the was really noisey and falling apart ! The bathroom was tatty and not that clean .There was no free bottled water and they wanted nearly £4 for a bottle.They couldnt move my room so I speant a crap nights sleep and wont be going back!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I was sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations. I have passed your comments on to our Head Engineer and our Head of Housekeeping.

I would like to thank you for bring these issues to our attention so that we can enhance the experience of our future guests.

Denville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

The biggest positives of the hotel is that it is located near the underground and that many of the tour companies picked you up from the hotel directly. However, there were several negatives:

1. On the last day we were there, they did not provide us with a wake up call when we had an early morning flight. When we spoke to other guests, they indicated that they did not receive their wake up call either, or that it was two to three hours late.

2. Room service was unaware of the ingredients of the items. Due to an allergy, I asked about the ingredients and I was told that they did not know and that we needed to ask the chef. When I finally ordered the chicken, I was asked if I wanted it medium rare.

3. While not dirty, the sheets were stained.

4. Although, we ordered a king sized bed, due to overbooking of king sized rooms, we received a room with two twin beds. I was not surprised by this because this seems to be the norm in my trips to Europe.

5. Most of the staff at the hotel restaurant spoke either french or polish. Accordingly, trying to order food from the restaurant or room service proved difficult. Also, if you were ordering food from the bar or restaurant, the staff there included a room fee that would not have been applied if I had not been a guest at the hotel.

Overall, while I would recommend staying there, I would caution people staying there to make arrangements before you arrive at the hotel and make sure you eat elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hilton-Kensington, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Kensington, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to review our hotel. I am disappointed to hear that there were several issues with your stay. I have passed your comments on to the Food and Beverage Manager and the Front Office Manager. The charge added to the bill at the bar is a 10% service charge that is a discretionary charge which is added to every bill whether they are staying at the hotel or not.

Kensington Care Team

Been to Hilton London Kensington? Share your experiences!