“Great Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Hyde Park

You added Hilton London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Hilton London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   129 Bayswater Road, London W2 4RJ, England (Notting Hill)   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #538 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Perth, Australia
“Great Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed at the Hilton for a week and booked one twin (teenagers) and one double for my wife and I.

Expensive but the rooms were good, great breakfast fantastic great location. The only downside to this hotel is the cramped and dated bathroom, and a wifi system that would drive even the most tech davy person to drink.

Apart from that we would go back and stay again if and when we return to London

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HydeParkHotelManager, Manager at Hilton London Hyde Park, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your last stay at Hilton London Hyde Park. I am glad that this experience would encourage you to return to the hotel.

We very much look forward to seeing you again.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This might have been a four star hotel when it was built, but it did not reach any high standards during our stay. The first night we git a room for handicapped people. The sink was at tigh-level, if you didn't want the whole bath room to be wet during your showing, you could use walls to build up a box around it. Everywhere we could pull strings in case of an emergency. At least that was reasuring... The ventilation system was so loud we didn't sleep at all the firt night. Luckily, we gotto change rooms after we complained. The new room was just as worn out and old as the previous one. Bath room looked verry unappealing with broken tiles and whole in the roof. Shower curtain smelled horrible. Apart from that the room was clean and had air condition, which was very good. Decent breakfast. Near underground. I have though payed much less and lived much better in London in a better location. Will not return.

Room Tip: If you still dare to live in this hotel after reading my review, at least ask for a room facing Hyde...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Katarina,

I was disturbed to learn that you were so disappointed during your recent visit. What you have experienced is not the usual standard of service provided by the hotel. We take all our guest feedback to be of the utmost importance.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope that despite the disappointment for this particular visit, you will choose to stay with us again so we can restore your faith in us.

Taunton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

After a delayed Eurostar from Belgium we were really looking forward to a nice rest at a Hilton.
Now I know that Hilton have loads of different quality hotels and at £150 a night for two in Central London I probably shouldn't have expected too much but.....
The reception is very uninviting, drab and dull and unfortunately that was the same for our room.
We had booked a deluxe queen room - thank goodness for that as it was very small, I dread to think what a standard would be like. The style of room was ok, decent TV ( but terrible reception) the bathroom however was very dated and I would say is a fair reflection of the hotel.

To try to end on a positive the breakfast buffet was excellent and the Staff were polite and attentive.
Would I stay again? Probably not as for £150 there is masses of higher ranked hotels in London to try .

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very disappointed to hear your experience. Please accept our sincere apologies. I have taken on board your feedback with regards to the bedroom and appearance of the hotel and have shared this with the team. In fact; we are in the process of completing a full refurbishment in the hotel, having already completed 50% of it.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our Full English Breakfast and found our Staff polite and attentive. I have personally passed your kind feedback to the rest of the team.

We very much hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Athens, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed for a night traveling for business. Very good location but the rooms are very small and the bathroom even smaller! Breakfast is rather poor and not up to a 5-star standard. Personnel rather impersonal I would expect to be frankly polite and not by obligation.

Stayed June 2014
HydeParkHotelManager, Manager at Hilton London Hyde Park, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your honest feedback regarding your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that we did not manage to exceed your expectation at this occasion. Please rest assured that your comments have been passed to the relevant departments in order to take action.
I do hope that you will afford us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards
Hotel manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

This is a very well located hotel close to everything. The service is good and the rooms are really nice. We stayed for three nights in the middle of the heat wave and therefore we really appreciated the air-conditioning.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HydeParkHotelManager, Manager at Hilton London Hyde Park, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for kind feedback. We are most pleased to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay at Hilton London Hyde Park.
We all look forward to hosting your again sometime soon.

Harun Dagli,
Birmingham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The Hilton is in a great location situated next to Queensway Underground and a short walk from the bars and restaurants in Bayswater.

I booked a single room which was reasonable value for London, the room was a strange L shape, narrow, stuffy and fairly claustrophobic. It was a very warm day and the air conditioning was essential but very noisy. the bed was comfortable but a single. The small bathroom had a large sink which was badly designed, anything placed on the shelf slid off.

Good value for London but I don't think I'll return

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I will be sharing your comments with management team to see if there is any way we can further improve in the areas mentioned.

I hope we can welcome you again so you can experience the changes we are making.

Kind regards,
Harun Dagli,
Southampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I booked this through a third party site, where my room was listed as with a queen size bed. I was very shocked when I arrived to find a room which would make student accommodation look generous. I was informed this was a 'standard room' with a 'double bed'. I said under no circumstances would I be staying in such a tiny room when this was not as booked, and explained my booking had stated a queen size bed, not what they referred to as a 'standard room'. They said they had no record of this, but to stop me cancelling my booking and walking out they said they would move me to a queen size room, but only as they had a couple free. The room I was moved to was acceptable, but I was still very unhappy at having to debate this. I travel frequently with work, and have stayed at Hiltons among many others in many countries, and have never been so disappointed. So for anyone booking here, check which room you are being allocated before arrival. If a 'standard room' I would strongly advise booking elsewhere as these rooms are unbelievably small, and the 'double bed' is not UK double size, and not suitable for more than one person. Also, this hotel is not the normal Hilton standard in my opinion, very basic, and not what you expect of a Hilton.

I have to say the location is great though, a great area of London near many restaurants, several tube stations, and the wonderful Hyde Park. I would recommend staying at the DoubleTree 100 metres away though, I have stayed here previously, this is owned by Hilton but actually the standard you expect of such a brand, and infinitely superior.

Stayed July 2014
HydeParkHotelManager, Manager at Hilton London Hyde Park, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the honest feedback you provided regarding the service you received during your stay with us and I am sorry about the confusion upon your check in about the room type booked which I have shared with our reservations team.
I am happy that you enjoyed our location and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel at some point in the near future so you can see the improvements we are making.

Hotel Manager

Been to Hilton London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!