After a delayed Eurostar from Belgium we were really looking forward to a nice rest at a Hilton.
Now I know that Hilton have loads of different quality hotels and at £150 a night for two in Central London I probably shouldn't have expected too much but.....
The reception is very uninviting, drab and dull and unfortunately that was the same for our room.
We had booked a deluxe queen room - thank goodness for that as it was very small, I dread to think what a standard would be like. The style of room was ok, decent TV ( but terrible reception) the bathroom however was very dated and I would say is a fair reflection of the hotel.
To try to end on a positive the breakfast buffet was excellent and the Staff were polite and attentive.
Would I stay again? Probably not as for £150 there is masses of higher ranked hotels in London to try .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton London Hyde Park offers a prime location overlooking Britain's most famous park at the entrance of Kensington Palace. Conveniently located in Bayswater, this traditional townhouse hotel is adjacent to two underground stations, Queensway and Bayswater, servicing the Central, Circle and District lines. All of London's key destinations are within 20 minutes travel from the hotel. Originally built as the Coburg Court Hotel in 1907, this grade II listed Edwardian Townhouse later changed to the Coburg Hotel in the early 1960's. In keeping with the hotel's tradition, guest rooms are elegantly designed with a classic twist, keeping the modern traveler in mind. Whether it is shopping, sightseeing or business that brings you to London, we aim to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere. With London's favourite Royal Park situated right in front of the hotel, enjoy a jog or a relaxing walk in Hyde Park. The Kensington Palace, Serpentine Lake, and Diana Memorial fountain also offer interesting places to visit. You will also reach the shopping district (Oxford Street) within minutes, as well as Portobello Antiques Market and Harrods. Hilton London Hyde Park offers relaxed dining in the Library Lounge and is based in the bustling Bayswater District, bordered by Edgware Road, Kensington, and Notting Hill which are all known for their international gastronomic influences. All 132 guest rooms and our two meeting rooms for up to 100 guests offer wireless internet access. New Hilton Worldwide Cancellation policies: no cancellation charges until 1 day prior to arrival, 11:59pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HRS, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hilton London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Hyde Park England