“Nice and cool” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Hyde Park

You added Hilton London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Hilton London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   129 Bayswater Road, London W2 4RJ, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Special Offer
Save 25% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #542 of 1,065 Hotels in London
“Nice and cool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

This is a very well located hotel close to everything. The service is good and the rooms are really nice. We stayed for three nights in the middle of the heat wave and therefore we really appreciated the air-conditioning.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
HydeParkHotelManager, Manager at Hilton London Hyde Park, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for kind feedback. We are most pleased to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay at Hilton London Hyde Park.
We all look forward to hosting your again sometime soon.

Harun Dagli,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

The Hilton is in a great location situated next to Queensway Underground and a short walk from the bars and restaurants in Bayswater.

I booked a single room which was reasonable value for London, the room was a strange L shape, narrow, stuffy and fairly claustrophobic. It was a very warm day and the air conditioning was essential but very noisy. the bed was comfortable but a single. The small bathroom had a large sink which was badly designed, anything placed on the shelf slid off.

Good value for London but I don't think I'll return

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I will be sharing your comments with management team to see if there is any way we can further improve in the areas mentioned.

I hope we can welcome you again so you can experience the changes we are making.

Kind regards,
Harun Dagli,
Southampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I booked this through a third party site, where my room was listed as with a queen size bed. I was very shocked when I arrived to find a room which would make student accommodation look generous. I was informed this was a 'standard room' with a 'double bed'. I said under no circumstances would I be staying in such a tiny room when this was not as booked, and explained my booking had stated a queen size bed, not what they referred to as a 'standard room'. They said they had no record of this, but to stop me cancelling my booking and walking out they said they would move me to a queen size room, but only as they had a couple free. The room I was moved to was acceptable, but I was still very unhappy at having to debate this. I travel frequently with work, and have stayed at Hiltons among many others in many countries, and have never been so disappointed. So for anyone booking here, check which room you are being allocated before arrival. If a 'standard room' I would strongly advise booking elsewhere as these rooms are unbelievably small, and the 'double bed' is not UK double size, and not suitable for more than one person. Also, this hotel is not the normal Hilton standard in my opinion, very basic, and not what you expect of a Hilton.

I have to say the location is great though, a great area of London near many restaurants, several tube stations, and the wonderful Hyde Park. I would recommend staying at the DoubleTree 100 metres away though, I have stayed here previously, this is owned by Hilton but actually the standard you expect of such a brand, and infinitely superior.

Stayed July 2014
HydeParkHotelManager, Manager at Hilton London Hyde Park, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the honest feedback you provided regarding the service you received during your stay with us and I am sorry about the confusion upon your check in about the room type booked which I have shared with our reservations team.
I am happy that you enjoyed our location and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel at some point in the near future so you can see the improvements we are making.

Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed here when visiting London to watch the Marathon. Was a great location for us but the hotel is a bit dated and the room was very small and not what i would expect from a Hilton. The breakfast was very good and there was nothing wrong with the service from the staff. Being right opposite the gates to Hyde Park was perfect for us.
Overall not over welmed by the hotel as its a past its best but great central London location

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hilton London Hyde Park. I appreciate your good feedback about our breakfast service and I am happy that you found our location very useful for your trip. I am sorry however to hear that you found your room small and a bit dated. You will be happy to know that we are currently going through a full renovation so I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and enjoy one of our fully renovated bedrooms.

Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Hard to beat Hilton for service and comfort. The hotel is in a great location across from Hyde Park and close to the Underground Hyde Park Station. My room was good size, bright, and clean with a great view.

Behind the hotel are several restaurants to enjoy.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HydeParkHotelManager, Manager at Hilton London Hyde Park, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I was delighted to read your comments on the room and service.

We hope you will return in the future.

Kind Regards

Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The hotel has a perfect location: Hyde Park infront of the door, two underground / metro stations for different lines around the corner, bus stop near by, as well as a large variaty of restaurants and small super markets .... The hotel itself is nice - making the best of an old building - the rooms are clean and efficient - we upgraded this time, which was a good decision to have air condition in the room! Bathroom a bid small - but all brand new and everything there, you need. The staff is very very friendly, competent and always helpful ... we had a room rate without breakfast - so we can´t give any feedback on the food.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience of your time at the Hilton London Hyde Park. I am glad to see you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our team very very friendly.

We do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We had a standard double room. The room was old, but well maintained. The air-con was a bit noisy, but with the opportunity to open the windows to a quiet back yard we didn't care too much. However stained towels and bed linen lowers my score on this hotel to average.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding the service you received during your stay with us.
I am sorry to hear that this stay did not meet the expectations you have of the Hilton Brand. At Hilton London Hyde Park, we pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our hotel, I have fed your comments back to the hotels Head Housekeeper to ensure that the levels of cleanliness offered does not slip from the usual high standards that we aim to achieve.
thank you once again for staying with us. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel at some point in the near future.

Harun Gagli
Hotel Manager

Been to Hilton London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!