I booked this through a third party site, where my room was listed as with a queen size bed. I was very shocked when I arrived to find a room which would make student accommodation look generous. I was informed this was a 'standard room' with a 'double bed'. I said under no circumstances would I be staying in such a tiny room when this was not as booked, and explained my booking had stated a queen size bed, not what they referred to as a 'standard room'. They said they had no record of this, but to stop me cancelling my booking and walking out they said they would move me to a queen size room, but only as they had a couple free. The room I was moved to was acceptable, but I was still very unhappy at having to debate this. I travel frequently with work, and have stayed at Hiltons among many others in many countries, and have never been so disappointed. So for anyone booking here, check which room you are being allocated before arrival. If a 'standard room' I would strongly advise booking elsewhere as these rooms are unbelievably small, and the 'double bed' is not UK double size, and not suitable for more than one person. Also, this hotel is not the normal Hilton standard in my opinion, very basic, and not what you expect of a Hilton.
I have to say the location is great though, a great area of London near many restaurants, several tube stations, and the wonderful Hyde Park. I would recommend staying at the DoubleTree 100 metres away though, I have stayed here previously, this is owned by Hilton but actually the standard you expect of such a brand, and infinitely superior.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton London Hyde Park offers a prime location overlooking Britain's most famous park at the entrance of Kensington Palace. Conveniently located in Bayswater, this traditional townhouse hotel is adjacent to two underground stations, Queensway and Bayswater, servicing the Central, Circle and District lines. All of London's key destinations are within 20 minutes travel from the hotel. Originally built as the Coburg Court Hotel in 1907, this grade II listed Edwardian Townhouse later changed to the Coburg Hotel in the early 1960's. In keeping with the hotel's tradition, guest rooms are elegantly designed with a classic twist, keeping the modern traveler in mind. Whether it is shopping, sightseeing or business that brings you to London, we aim to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere. With London's favourite Royal Park situated right in front of the hotel, enjoy a jog or a relaxing walk in Hyde Park. The Kensington Palace, Serpentine Lake, and Diana Memorial fountain also offer interesting places to visit. You will also reach the shopping district (Oxford Street) within minutes, as well as Portobello Antiques Market and Harrods. Hilton London Hyde Park offers relaxed dining in the Library Lounge and is based in the bustling Bayswater District, bordered by Edgware Road, Kensington, and Notting Hill which are all known for their international gastronomic influences. All 132 guest rooms and our two meeting rooms for up to 100 guests offer wireless internet access. New Hilton Worldwide Cancellation policies: no cancellation charges until 1 day prior to arrival, 11:59pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HRS, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Hilton London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Hyde Park England