First and foremost, as most reviewers have mentioned is that the location of this hotel could not be bettered. With 2 tube stops within 1 minute away on different lines, you can pretty much travel to any attraction in the capital with real ease. This is why we always stay in Bayswater. After the nearby Umi increased it's prices to an unrealistic level, we decided to take a chance here.
Our arrival was met with a friendly and warm welcome. Check-in was quick and painless and our room was ready immediately. The room itself was very compact, but this is always to be expected for a budget hotel. Most importantly, it was spotlessly clean, comfortable and modern. There were complimentary tea and coffee making facilites, as well as an iron, hairdryer and a decent sized tub for bathing and showering.
A special mention must go to the breakfast facilities. On offer was an extensive buffet, with everything you could imagine. We went for the hearty full English both days - absolutely delicious. If this is not your thing however, there was fruit, cereal, continental, waffels - the list goes on!
On the final day, we treated ourselves to a minicab to the station, which a member of staff kindly organised for us.
I must say I'm very suprised to read some of the negative reviews about this place. Whilst I respect the opinions of others, I could not find a single fault with this hotel and quite frankly it punched well above it's weight for the budget cost. Following many stays in various hotels in this area, the Hilton wins hands down. We very much look forward to returning in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton London Hyde Park offers a prime location overlooking Britain's most famous park at the entrance of Kensington Palace. Conveniently located in Bayswater, this traditional townhouse hotel is adjacent to two underground stations, Queensway and Bayswater, servicing the Central, Circle and District lines. All of London's key destinations are within 20 minutes travel from the hotel. Originally built as the Coburg Court Hotel in 1907, this grade II listed Edwardian Townhouse later changed to the Coburg Hotel in the early 1960's. In keeping with the hotel's tradition, guest rooms are elegantly designed with a classic twist, keeping the modern traveler in mind. Whether it is shopping, sightseeing or business that brings you to London, we aim to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere. With London's favourite Royal Park situated right in front of the hotel, enjoy a jog or a relaxing walk in Hyde Park. The Kensington Palace, Serpentine Lake, and Diana Memorial fountain also offer interesting places to visit. You will also reach the shopping district (Oxford Street) within minutes, as well as Portobello Antiques Market and Harrods. Hilton London Hyde Park offers relaxed dining in the Library Lounge and is based in the bustling Bayswater District, bordered by Edgware Road, Kensington, and Notting Hill which are all known for their international gastronomic influences. All 132 guest rooms and our two meeting rooms for up to 100 guests offer wireless internet access. New Hilton Worldwide Cancellation policies: no cancellation charges until 1 day prior to arrival, 11:59pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hilton London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Hyde Park England