The location of this hotel is ideal on the north side of Hyde Park, well Kensington Gardens more accurately and right next door to Queensway tube station and when you enter the reception area it has all the normal expectations of a Hilton Hotel, well trained staff and clean. However that is where it stops.
The bar area is attractive with stained glass showing its age and has a small but well stocked bar but it was like a sauna (maybe a not so subtle ploy to get you to purchase more drinks). Drink prices are high, be warned and 12.5% service charge is levied.
Next to the bar area is the retaurant although I use the term loosely. I ate breakfast from the buffet there which was adequate but I certainly would not consider dinner as it gives the impression of having a tiny kitchen that caters for low cost guests (I may be wrong of course).
Rooms are typically Hilton (although I did have the privilege of a Superior Room) but because of the age only have secondary glazing which doesn't keep too much of the Bayswater Road traffic out. However, the heat in them is unbearable especially as the air conditioning was not working. The secondary glazing did nothing to help the situation as attempts to open the windows met with some frustration and exacerbated the Bayswater Road traffic noise. I am also glad that I tested the temperature of the shower before getting under it or I would surely have received 2nd degree burns.
All-in-all I have stayed in lower priced London Hotels than this and had a much better experience. Back to Doubletree next time!!
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Hyde Park Hotel
- Hilton London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- Hilton London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Hyde Park England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step outside the Hilton London Hyde Park hotel to enjoy the delights of London's favourite Royal Park. Feast on international cuisine in The Dining Room restaurant at the Hilton London Hyde Park hotel or drop by the Library Lounge bar for a nightcap. The Hilton London Hyde Park hotel is 1 mile from Oxford Street and the West End. Hire a pedalo at the Serpentine boating lake in Hyde Park, right outside the hotel. 35 minutes' drive from Heathrow Airport, the Hilton London Hyde Park hotel offers 2 meeting rooms for 2-100 and a business centre. From Hilton Rooms to Deluxe Rooms, all guest rooms have high-speed internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hilton London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.