The location of this hotel is ideal on the north side of Hyde Park, well Kensington Gardens more accurately and right next door to Queensway tube station and when you enter the reception area it has all the normal expectations of a Hilton Hotel, well trained staff and clean. However that is where it stops.
The bar area is attractive with stained glass showing its age and has a small but well stocked bar but it was like a sauna (maybe a not so subtle ploy to get you to purchase more drinks). Drink prices are high, be warned and 12.5% service charge is levied.
Next to the bar area is the retaurant although I use the term loosely. I ate breakfast from the buffet there which was adequate but I certainly would not consider dinner as it gives the impression of having a tiny kitchen that caters for low cost guests (I may be wrong of course).
Rooms are typically Hilton (although I did have the privilege of a Superior Room) but because of the age only have secondary glazing which doesn't keep too much of the Bayswater Road traffic out. However, the heat in them is unbearable especially as the air conditioning was not working. The secondary glazing did nothing to help the situation as attempts to open the windows met with some frustration and exacerbated the Bayswater Road traffic noise. I am also glad that I tested the temperature of the shower before getting under it or I would surely have received 2nd degree burns.
All-in-all I have stayed in lower priced London Hotels than this and had a much better experience. Back to Doubletree next time!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton London Hyde Park offers a prime location overlooking Britain's most famous park at the entrance of Kensington Palace. Conveniently located in Bayswater, this traditional townhouse hotel is adjacent to two underground stations, Queensway and Bayswater, servicing the Central, Circle and District lines. All of London's key destinations are within 20 minutes travel from the hotel. Originally built as the Coburg Court Hotel in 1907, this grade II listed Edwardian Townhouse later changed to the Coburg Hotel in the early 1960's. In keeping with the hotel's tradition, guest rooms are elegantly designed with a classic twist, keeping the modern traveler in mind. Whether it is shopping, sightseeing or business that brings you to London, we aim to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere. With London's favourite Royal Park situated right in front of the hotel, enjoy a jog or a relaxing walk in Hyde Park. The Kensington Palace, Serpentine Lake, and Diana Memorial fountain also offer interesting places to visit. You will also reach the shopping district (Oxford Street) within minutes, as well as Portobello Antiques Market and Harrods. Hilton London Hyde Park offers relaxed dining in the Library Lounge and is based in the bustling Bayswater District, bordered by Edgware Road, Kensington, and Notting Hill which are all known for their international gastronomic influences. All 132 guest rooms and our two meeting rooms for up to 100 guests offer wireless internet access. New Hilton Worldwide Cancellation policies: no cancellation charges until 1 day prior to arrival, 11:59pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, LondonMarketing.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hilton London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Hyde Park England