The location of this hotel is ideal on the north side of Hyde Park, well Kensington Gardens more accurately and right next door to Queensway tube station and when you enter the reception area it has all the normal expectations of a Hilton Hotel, well trained staff and clean. However that is where it stops.
The bar area is attractive with stained glass showing its age and has a small but well stocked bar but it was like a sauna (maybe a not so subtle ploy to get you to purchase more drinks). Drink prices are high, be warned and 12.5% service charge is levied.
Next to the bar area is the retaurant although I use the term loosely. I ate breakfast from the buffet there which was adequate but I certainly would not consider dinner as it gives the impression of having a tiny kitchen that caters for low cost guests (I may be wrong of course).
Rooms are typically Hilton (although I did have the privilege of a Superior Room) but because of the age only have secondary glazing which doesn't keep too much of the Bayswater Road traffic out. However, the heat in them is unbearable especially as the air conditioning was not working. The secondary glazing did nothing to help the situation as attempts to open the windows met with some frustration and exacerbated the Bayswater Road traffic noise. I am also glad that I tested the temperature of the shower before getting under it or I would surely have received 2nd degree burns.
All-in-all I have stayed in lower priced London Hotels than this and had a much better experience. Back to Doubletree next time!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated opposite the Royal Parks of Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. Enjoy relaxing walks through the park or why not visit the Royal residence of Kensington Palace which is only a few minutes walk away. Fashionable Notting Hill and Portobello Market within a short walking distance Oxford street is located 15 minutes walk from the hotel World famous department store Harrods is nearby All of London's main attractions are located within 20 minutes from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Orbitz, LondonMarketing.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- London Hilton
- Hilton London Hyde Park England