“Brilliant weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel London at Canary Wharf

You added Four Seasons Hotel London at Canary Wharf to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel London at Canary Wharf
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   46 Westferry Circus, Canary Wharf, London E14 8RS, England (Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Third Night Free
Ranked #100 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Akershus, Norway
“Brilliant weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We met a friendly and accommodating staff with superb service from the Concierge. Stayed in an Executive Suite which was large and comfortable with lots of light from the floor-to-ceiling windows. Very quiet and peaceful area around weekends as Canary Wharf is mostly a business area. This made our stay an very relaxing and memorable stay that you don't get from other areas in London this time of year. Thames Clippers pier only a short walk away is an easy (and most of all not too crowded) way to get to downtown London.

Room Tip: Very nice view of the river from all suites.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel London at Canary Wharf, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Roy L
Thank you for choosing us for your weekend break earlier this month.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the service, and I will share your very kind feedback with the Concierge team. I’m very pleased that you discovered the Thames Clippers boat service from the pier next to the hotel – one of London’s best kept secrets that more people should find out about and enjoy!

You’re absolutely right about this location – it can be a haven of tranquillity with the private gardens and the river, but you can also turn it into an action-packed weekend with all the sights and activities in the local area.

I hope you will visit us again soon, and in this respect, you are very welcome to contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you.

Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
West Mids
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had an event to go to in East London so decided to stay here rather than Central London for a change. Well worth it, in my opinion. It's a lovely hotel, easy to get to, light, modern, airy (all that sort of business). Rooms are large and the service was friendly and professional throughout. My wife used the spa and said it was very fancy. My one negative was the breakfast buffet- cooked breakfast just isn't that nice when it's been sat there for a while. Most five star hotels I've stayed in cook breakfast to order and I think you should be able to expect that from hotels at this level. A bit more choice would be nice too- eggs benedict maybe? Waffles? It is a big hotel though, so maybe it's just not practical when they're catering for large numbers?
Anyway, it's a very nice hotel. You probably wouldn't want to stay there if it's your first time in London and you're looking to do touristy stuff- it's a bit out of the way for Central London. If you're looking for something in East London though, it's a winner. Good shopping/eating in Canary Wharf, good links on the DLR, easy to get to Greenwhich, etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear fickleWestMids
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking time to write about your visit.

It’s wonderful that you enjoyed the service and the room, and I am glad your wife enjoyed the treatment suite. Thank you for your feedback about breakfast - this is something that we are reviewing on an ongoing basis, and I hope you will notice the difference on your next visit!

Thank you again, and I look forward to meeting you on your next stay.

Warmest regards
Jersey Ci
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Turning up in London on a Sunday afternoon not having booked anywhere to stay we decided to try the Four Seasons in Canary Wharf as we did not wish to stay in central London.
All the staff from the Concierge to the check in staff could not have been more helpful or friendly. We decided to upgrade to a room which over looked the Thames. The money was well spent with fantastic views of the Thames and the high rise business area of London.Being able to sit on the window ledge which was a form of seat and watch the sun set was surprisingly beautiful - I am used to sunsets over beaches!!!!
Whilst the room did lack the personal touch it was clean, modern and simply furnished. The bed was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was fresh and clean. It was one of the nicest rooms we have stayed in in London.
We had room service food which was of a good standard and took less than 1/2 hour to arrive.
We did not us the swimming pool or the gym but could see it from our room. The swimming pool had a great view over the Thames.

It is a great location for shopping with the Canary Wharf shopping centre close by. My wife was more than happy with the choice of shops and felt it was a good alternative to central London. I on the other hand had 1 1/2 hour to spend. i jumped on one of the boats which run between Canary Wharf and London Eye which gave me great views of Tower Bridge, Houses of Parliament etc. Return trip takes about 1 hour 10 minutes.

Really nice place to stay if you want to avoid the hustle and bustle of Central London. Staff made us feel really welcome.

Room Tip: We think it was 422 but it was room overlooking Thames (in case you had not guessed!)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel London at Canary Wharf, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear DavidJerseyCI
I am so pleased that you made the impromptu decision to stay with us a few weeks ago!

Thank you for your very kind comments about the service and the team, and it’s also wonderful that you enjoyed watching the sun setting over the London skyline from the window seat in your room. It’s certainly a calming, serene and tranquil way to spend a leisurely evening.

Hopefully on your next visit, you’ll have the opportunity to use the pool – it’s one of the best swimming experiences in London with its infinity edge and floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Thames. Even James Bond loved it in Skyfall...

Thank you for taking the time to write about us and I hope to meet you in person in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I proposed to my girlfriend at the Four Seasons and what an unforgettable and amazing experience it was! I contacted the hotel beforehand to let them know what I was planning and they were so helpful and accommodating. From the moment I stepped into the hotel we were both treated like royalty. Words can not describe the level of service we received. I can only say thank you to everyone who was involved in making that day the best day of our entire lives.  Amar and  Jamsheed on the concierge desk were amazing, keeping me calm when I was under a great deal of stress and arranging anything and everything I wanted, even coming up with ideas to make our day even better than it was already going. We had a champagne afternoon tea which was specially arranged slightly earlier than usually allowed, the scones and clotted cream was the best we have ever had, compliments to the chef. They also took great care of my now fiancée's dietary requirements which was brilliant. We then rested for an hour or so in the delightful room from which the large bay windows give the most amazing view of the Thames. We had a massage booked at the spa and spa assistant even even came to the room to escort us to the spa, brilliant touch. The hour long massages were unbelievable and easily the best massages we have both had and much needed to calm those nerves. After the massages my girlfriend decided to have a quick nap whilst I went to the concierge desk to confirm if everything was arranged for later. They had the most amazing gift for me which I won't share on here but they know ;-) thank you so much for that!! The plan was to go for dinner and return to the room which would be scattered with 500 pictures that I had printed of us along with champagne, chocolates, flowers, our favourite songs playing in the background, candles (electronic for H&S reasons) and I asked the staff if they could set the room up and they were more than happy to do so. Susanne and another staff member whose name I cant remember were both very helpful, so thank you! Susanne even arranged a special treat for us in the room which we both enjoyed very much! We went to dinner and came back and as my girlfriend went to use the bathroom in the main hall Amar had a brilliant idea which was for me to wait in the room and for him to bring her up to the room... As she walked in I was one knee... She froze, looked around the room, her reflection bouncing off the large bay windows with the Thames lit up in the background, she looked at me still motionless with her hands to her face... I reached for her hand and asked her to come here, before I could even ask The Question... she said "yes, yes, yes"... AMAZING! Thank you to all the staff for making it so special for us... The room was set up even better than I had imagined, there was so much thought put into the placement of every picture and every candle. It was an experience that we will never forget. I can only apologise for taking so long to write this review, it has been on my ever growing to do list but I've finally had a chance to write it and I'm so glad I have done because it reminds me how special that day was and how each and every person involved at the hotel made it so wonderful for us. Apologies if I have missed anyone out. We can't wait to stay here again... Hopefully I will get to see you all soon!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear DPatel03
Oh my goodness – what an amazing review!

Many, many congratulations on your engagement – all of us here at Four Seasons wish you and your fiancée every happiness in your future together.

When I shared your review with the team, it was one of the most wonderful moments for all of us. To know that we helped you to create such a beautiful experience, the memory of which both you and your fiancée will treasure for many years to come, has made all of us extremely happy.

Amar, Susanne and Jamsheed loved all the “covert” activity to create this very special surprise for your girlfriend, and they are even more delighted that she said yes!

Thank you for choosing our hotel for this very special moment, and of course, we all look forward to welcoming you both back on future occasions.

Wishing you much joy and happiness together.
Warwickshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for the weekend with my husband and daughter. From the outset the staff made a great fuss of her which she loved, she also appreciated the cookies and teddy in our room.

Service was excellent, we had a couple of minor issues which were resolved quickly and without prompting. All the staff without exception were excellent.

Location was good, it is a reasonable walk to the main shops/ restaurants at Canary Wharf but the Thames Clipper is right outside the hotel to get you into town.

Rooms were spacious and well equipped. They are probably due for a refresh along with the communal areas but they are still good.

Used pool once, it has restricted children's times and is not ideal for little ones due to depth, but it was an excellent facility overall with great views.

Overall we had a great stay and are looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed April 2013
MichaelPurtill, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel London at Canary Wharf, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Dear TKD11
Thank you for choosing to stay with us with your husband and daughter, and it’s great that your daughter enjoyed the special attention and the treats!

I appreciate your very kind comments regarding the service and the team – thank you.

It’s wonderful that you will look forward to future visits, and in this respect, you are very welcome to contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you.

Staines, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed here for one night with my friends for a weekend in London. The service is exceptional. There are no tea & coffee in the room but we telephoned down to room service & within minutes it had arrived. Bedrooms are large with a huge bathroom - seperate bath/shower etc. I was super excited about the L'Occitane toilettries!

Travelled from the Clipper ferry from Embankment 30mins down the Thames. Views of the city were amazing. There was an amazing swimming pool overlooking the Thames but unfortunatley we didn't have enough time to go in.
I would definately recommend this hotel for a weekend away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear JHopkin14
I am delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your weekend stay with us earlier this month!

Thank you for your very kind comments about the service, which I have shared with the team.

Hopefully next time you visit, you’ll have time to use the pool – you can follow in the footsteps of Daniel Craig, when the pool was used for one of the scenes in Skyfall...

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons for your weekend break and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on future occasions.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stay here often with my boyfriend who comes to London for business monthly. Customer service is amazing, room service, amazing, rooms with river views are wonderful. I love how easy it is to hop on the Clipper and head to other areas of London. I give it a 4/5 because we ALWAYS seem to have issues with the wifi (super spotty) and the rooms have marginal air conditioning. Mattresses might need to be updated. Overall, I really enjoy staying here.

Room Tip: for wifi - being closer to the elevators is better
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear christina s
Thank you for coming to stay with us so often here at Four Seasons Canary Wharf.

I am delighted that you enjoy your visits, and it’s wonderful that you enjoy the views from the rooms and the service from the team.

I am sorry that you have experienced some problems with wifi. You are welcome to let me know next time you plan to visit and I will ensure that the in-room technology will be fully accessible for you.

With regard to mattresses, we recently replaced all the beds and mattresses in the hotel and we have different options for different preferences of firmness/softness. Simply let us know your preference and we will happily ensure you have a mattress that suits you.

I very much look forward to meeting you in person on future visits.

Michael

Been to Four Seasons Hotel London at Canary Wharf? Share your experiences!