We were looking for a small, traditional hotel perfectly situated in Kensington, adjacent to Knightsbridge, and found No. 11. A true gem with personable staff, lovely lounge area adjacent to the entrance, bar decorated in dark rich colors, quiet tea room and elegant downstairs dining room. The polished brass and glass original elevator slowly moves you up to the hotel's guest rooms. If you don't like the elevator's slow pace use the winding stairway with its polished wood railings and creaky steps...really reminiscent of old England.
Our 3rd floor room was perfect...small and cozy, beautifully decorated with a small marble bath. We don't spend much time in our room so small is fine by us. The construction noise next door was a bit bothersome and when we asked about changing rooms the only other available room was on the 1st floor, even smaller, not nearly as well decorated and had a bathroom door opening up onto the bed. This bath was very plain, no marble and very unappealing so we chose to stay where we were and in the end, adjusted to the noise. Also, on the weekends there are no workman so if you're scheduling a weekend stay construction noise shouldn't be a problem.
We enjoyed drinks in the bar each evening because its just so inviting...small, rich and dark. A good way to begin your night out on the town. Tartufo, No. 11's fine dining restaurant, was a bit of a let down though. The menu looked interesting but each course was bland. The descriptions of each dish were much more appealing than the food itself.
The staff at No. 11 are all amazing from the front desk to the concierge, bellmen, waitstaff and housekeeping...all were truly helpful and personable, making us feel special as if we'd stayed at No. 11 for years!
We will definitely be back and will also be careful as to our room selection as, from our experience, the rooms vary greatly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to No.11 Cadogan Gardens, a unique urban hideaway off Sloane Street in the heart of affluent Knightsbridge. A member of the internationally recognised brand Small Luxury Hotels of the World™, this enchanting retreat is brimming with character and charm.Behind the classic Victorian façade, No.11 Cadogan Gardens is reminiscent of a grand private residence. On ascending the stairs, guests can view the many gilded oil portraits of distinguished royalty and aristocrats adorning the walls. These artworks transport guests to a era of glamour and elegance from the moment they step through the door.The distinctly eclectic décor marries beautifully with all the modern conveniences a contemporary traveller could wish for, creating a truly unforgettable boutique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Splendia, Priceline, getaroom.com, LondonMarketing.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your No.11 Cadogan Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 11 Cadogan Gardens
- Eleven Cadogan Gardens London
- Eleven Cadogan Gardens Hotel London
- No.11 Cadogan Gardens London, England