I was excited to stay at this hotel and my first impression was pretty good. Common areas are gorgeous as other reviewers have pointed out.
Staff are very polite and professional. No issues there.
Elevator is at first charming but turned out to be a nuisance. There are some things that belong in a museum and not in a hotel.You're trying to go to the ground floor with heavy suitcases and the elevator is not working because someone is polishing the brass (just found out because someone went downstairs to check if the elevator was broken).
Room was a disappointment. I knew going in that it was an old building and I shouldn't expect the same comfort or space as a new hotel, but it just didn't feel like a 5-star hotel. Bathroom was ok, not terribly small but not spacious either. Bed was comfortable. TV was old and finicky. No minibar, not even a kettle to make tea.
Overall, the hotel was fine but one would like it if they were looking for character and not so much comfort. I understand why other reviewers liked it so much, but it just didn't do anything for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to No.11 Cadogan Gardens, a unique urban hideaway off Sloane Street in the heart of affluent Knightsbridge. A member of the internationally recognised brand Small Luxury Hotels of the World™, this enchanting retreat is brimming with character and charm.Behind the classic Victorian façade, No.11 Cadogan Gardens is reminiscent of a grand private residence. On ascending the stairs, guests can view the many gilded oil portraits of distinguished royalty and aristocrats adorning the walls. These artworks transport guests to a era of glamour and elegance from the moment they step through the door.The distinctly eclectic décor marries beautifully with all the modern conveniences a contemporary traveller could wish for, creating a truly unforgettable boutique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Splendia, Agoda, Tingo, LondonMarketing.com, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Expedia, Jetsetter, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your No.11 Cadogan Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 11 Cadogan Gardens
- Eleven Cadogan Gardens London
- Eleven Cadogan Gardens Hotel London
- No.11 Cadogan Gardens London, England