“Just ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of No.11 Cadogan Gardens

Save Saved
You added No.11 Cadogan Gardens to your Saves list
No.11 Cadogan Gardens
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Cadogan Gardens | Sloane Square, London SW3 2RJ, England (Chelsea)   |
Offers & Announcements
Advance Purchase | 11%
Ranked #151 of 1,075 hotels in London
Toronto
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was excited to stay at this hotel and my first impression was pretty good. Common areas are gorgeous as other reviewers have pointed out.
Staff are very polite and professional. No issues there.
Elevator is at first charming but turned out to be a nuisance. There are some things that belong in a museum and not in a hotel.You're trying to go to the ground floor with heavy suitcases and the elevator is not working because someone is polishing the brass (just found out because someone went downstairs to check if the elevator was broken).
Room was a disappointment. I knew going in that it was an old building and I shouldn't expect the same comfort or space as a new hotel, but it just didn't feel like a 5-star hotel. Bathroom was ok, not terribly small but not spacious either. Bed was comfortable. TV was old and finicky. No minibar, not even a kettle to make tea.
Overall, the hotel was fine but one would like it if they were looking for character and not so much comfort. I understand why other reviewers liked it so much, but it just didn't do anything for me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Soliman K, General Manager at No.11 Cadogan Gardens, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and you found the stay to be polite and professional. The team pride themselves on the high level of service that they provide and will be delighted to hear your feedback.

In response to your feedback regarding your room and the elevator, I am happy to write that since your stay with us we have finalized plans to upgrade all our rooms and the elevator in 2014. As the hotel is a listed building, we have encountered technical issues in finalizing this plan especially with the elevator.

I look forward to welcoming you back to No. 11 Cadogan Gardens.

Kind regards,

392 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

My mother and I stayed here for 5 nights and everything was impeccable.
The wifi works perfectly and the signal is strong pretty much everywhere around the hotel.
We had a room on the first floor, very comfortable, especially quite big compared to other London hotels. Bathroom not very big but very clean and we always had the vanity kit, shampoos, conditioners and other products refilled every day. The room service ladies were very nice and cordial, always ready to help for anything.
The room is also very quiet and the hotel location in general is very good because you are at 3 minutes from sloane square and the tube.

All the hotel staff was very nice and always ready to help and please us with any kind of request.

The only minor thing is that the hotel is very dark, maybe some extra lighting would add even more "stars" to the hotel.

Overall a really good stay and we would definitely return whenever we will visit London again!
Thanks to everyone who made our stay so wonderful!

• Stayed October 2013
Soliman K, General Manager at No.11 Cadogan Gardens, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your fantastic review of No.11 Cadogan Gardens, I am glad that we have lived up to your expectations during your visit and I will ensure that I pass on your comments to the rest of our team. We look forward to welcoming you back to your new London retreat very soon.

Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Our stay here was an absolute treat. The room was very spacious and very glamorous. In addition there were many imtimate beautiful common areas that we made use of - a lovely bar, a drawing room with an open fire, different areas to choose from in the dining room. The staff were also fantastic - they couldn't help enough. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that you had a good stay and that you enjoyed the special character that we have here at No.11 Cadogan Gardens.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The reason this review comes rather late is because I have been trying to find time to write something that does justice to this incredible hotel (not easy as a working mum of two)...

My husband and I are both owners of a luxury 5 star hotel in Bangkok, and we certainly know a gem when we find one. We stayed at No. 11 Cadogan Gardens during our 3 week trip to France & London during the dates of July 15th-18th.

We had originally booked anonymously via Agoda into a Junior Suite (excellent value for a large room for any capital city) but were so generously upgraded to the Sloane Suite by the GM, Soliman Khaddour, when he did his homework and found out who we were. I cannot thank him enough for his kindness.

The Sloane Suite is nothing less than having your own, ridiculously glam, spacious apartment smack in the centre of a very verdant, quiet nook of London! It is decorated in great taste, touches of black and gold kept light and bright with cream carpeting (we almost died when our kids knocked over my red wine, but housekeeping came right up and had it fresh as new!), plenty of antique black & white old photos of famous artists and stars, plump sofas to cuddle up on after days out walking and the most immense canopy bed which all four of us could comfortably sleep in even though the hotel had kindly set up 2 children's beds in the same room (with loads of space to spare).

Great antique closets, dressers, writing desk, lots of natural light and bay windows looking onto the green gated square. There was enough room for our kids to run about and play without tripping us or each other up even when doing rolley-poleys between the bedroom and the living room! There were also thoughtful touches of adding extra beds for the children, beautiful London story books, gorgeous cuddly toys and Ormonde Jayne bathroom amenities. Room service was delicious and reasonably priced. We loved that the bathroom with huge tub had double sinks and a separate toilet room with strong walk-in shower which doubled up as a guest loo. This suite is larger than any other hotel room we have ever stayed in before. It was such a luxury to feel completely at home, with everything we needed right there and at our doorstep.

The tube is walking distance as are plenty of central bus stops, eateries and a department store. The King's Road with all its shopping and dining is right there too! With small kids, it is so nice to have a proper home to return to on a long, overseas trip. We loved having breakfast every morning at our own table without needing to get dressed and being able to invite friends and family to come visit, play and relax. The décor and furnishings are exquisite, the whole property was divine, we enjoyed our little adventure with the kids exploring the hotel, they loved the staircase and the old lift and what a gem of a gym they have too! The air-conditioning worked quietly and was perfectly cool during the height of summer.

I only wish we had had more time, 3 days were too short. We will most definitely be back

I would also like to mention in particular a few members of staff who made our stay so wonderful:

Harry (butler studying for a Masters degree) - so erudite, approachable and could honestly double up as a top notch concierge for all our Qs & needs!
Fergus (not sure of name now...well-spoken, tall, young blonde British chap at front desk) - super helpful and warm, very professional
The lovely, multi-tasking room service ladies who ran up and downs the stairs to serve us breakfast and dinner, fetching this that and the other

The Deputy Concierge (we didn’t meet the head during our stay), think his name was Mike (?), very chatty and full of ideas.

The caring engineer who helped us ‘deactivate’ Rosie’s noisy Furby!!

Everyone was so helpful and friendly, without being intrusive on our privacy.

We are sure you will enjoy No. 11 Cadogan Gardens as much as we did.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your stay with us at No. 11 Cadogan Gardens. It was my pleasure to accommodate you and your family during your stay in London and I am glad you enjoyed your stay in he Sloane Suite alongside the special character of the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a great big room on the top floor of this old world hotel. It was very clean and comfortable with a view of the lovely park opposite. We dined on the first night in the basement restaurant and it was fantastic. I often have doubts about hotel dinners but this was world class food served with style. Upwards to the beautiful bar. The Italian barman claimed to make the world's best cocktails, but since I am a beer man I initially declined. After a little persuasion he suggested I try his Hemingway Daiquiri and I was hooked. Richie is brilliant as the hotel front man and his suggestions cannot be ignored. We will be back

Room Tip: Top floor was great
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay with and had a great dinner in Tartufo. I will pass on your compliments to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to No.11 Cadogan Gardens in the future.

Best wishes

Herefordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Had a lovely stay at the cadogan. We were upgraded to a room on the top floor, big and beautiful.
Staff we're all really helpful and friendly. Had an evening meal which was great service and great nosh! Also great location, easy walking distance to Kings road and Kensington. Would love to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Soliman K, General Manager at No.11 Cadogan Gardens, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the team managed to upgrade you to make you stay even more special.

I look forward to welcoming you back to No.11 Cadogan Gardens.

weston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I can only use superlatives to describe the services provided by Richie Long and Emilson the Concierges, to whom I was exposed on our recent stay at 11 Cadogan Gardens. They are both deft, adept and accommodating to a guest's needs. Kudos to both of them. They and the location , made the stay very worth while. Richie has a long reach in the city and opens doors that seem securely closed. He has a gift. Thank you. It was a pleasure to have worked with both of them.
Drs. Arthur and Athena Papas

Room Tip: rooms must be seen to be appreciated
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Drs Arthur & Athena Papas,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. It is great to read your feedback about Richie and his team. They pride themselves on the service that they provide and will be delighted to read your kind words.

I look forward to welcoming you back to No.11 Cadogan Gardens in the near future.

Best,

Soliman Khaddour

Been to No.11 Cadogan Gardens? Share your experiences!