“Great location,clean room,good shower” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eden Plaza Kensington

You added Eden Plaza Kensington to your Saves list
Eden Plaza Kensington
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   68 - 69 Queens Gate | South Kensington, London SW7 5JT, England (Knightsbridge / South Kensington)   |
Ranked #654 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Great location,clean room,good shower”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We were spending a cultural three nights in London and wanted somewhere near one of the museums. We booked early through Laterooms.com and got a good rate.The hotel is about 300 metres from the Natural History museum and about 400 metres from Gloucester Road tube. The rooms aren't large;essentially two single beds, a small wardrobe and shelf unit and a TV. Seating is on the bed. The shower is strong and good. However for a short stay in London it was ideal for us and the two girls (next door). We were on the second floor and had no problems with noise even though the hotel is in a busy area. Good value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Although the rooms are quite tight, we had a bit of a few through the leaves of the intersection out front where we could see the weather each morning. The room was modern and clean, and energy efficient too. The gentlemen at the front desk were quite helpful and cooperative and arranged a very smooth private ride to Heathrow at the end of our stay as well. The breakfast was okay, but we would have done better for the money at some of the restaurants a few steps away near the South Kensington Underground Station. We were pleased with our choice to stay at this excellent location, and probably would not have found anything better for our money. (But as Americans, we missed getting a wash clothe to use in the shower, so we were glad we had brought our own)

Room Tip: I understand that it can be noisy on the lower floors, so ask to be a few floors up...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tauranga,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a night at the end of a lengthy trip overseas. My initial dismay when seeing the small size of the room was counteracted by the fantastic location. There are 2 tube stations within a few minutes walk, pubs, convenience stores as well as several Museums and the Royal Albert Hall and Hyde Park. We walked heaps but also used an Oyster Card and the Tube to get around which was very convenient.
The hotel was very clean and had a good, if small, bathroom with a good shower with plenty of pressure and hot water. The bed was comfortable and the linen spotless. The rooms are very small but if you are like us we don't go to London to spend time in the room.
The reception staff were very courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: Maybe if you book a twin room or else state on your booking that you would like the largest room ava...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed at this hotel twice, reason being it's closeness to The Royal Albert Hall.The staff on reception were very pleasant and helpful,on my first stay booked a single room, it was very clean large enough for me warm with a comfortable bed.slept well.On my second visit which I had booked for myself and a friend, unfortunately my friend who is unwell was unable to come along. The man on reception said because I had booked a double room and was unable to change my booking gave me a complimentary breakfast.My room was pleasant clean and roomy.Unfortunately had a bad night as being on a main road the traffic was loud and kept me awake all night.Next morning went down for breakfast and explained to the girl who takes down your room number and signature that my breakfast was free, she looked at me with disbelief and said we never give free breakfast,I then went to fellow at the reception who said I was right ,Must say I did'nt like the manner of the girl her attitude made me feel uncomfortable.On the whole think this hotel is good value for money being close to the top museums parks and Royal Albert Hall and would definately go there again

Room Tip: choose a room at rear of hotel away from main road.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in October 2012 as was in London for business. I chose the hotel mainly for it's location, but also got a good deal on their own website. Considering the prices of hotels in London, I found this hotel really good value - felt very safe, comfortable, super clean, fairly modern. I wasn't looking for luxury, but it had everything I needed for all the time I actually spent there! I found the staff quite friendly enough and they were very helpful if I needed anything or had any questions.

Lots of people comment on the room size - I had a single room which was quite compact but I didn't think it was that bad, especially as I was only sleeping there. However, I'm only 5'3" so it might be more of an issue if you're very tall, and more well built. I have to mention the shower as well - it was very powerful with lots of hot water. Everything was kept super clean as well.

The only major niggle I had was the traffic noise - it was constant! However, I know this isn't the hotels fault, and I did have a room at the front on the 5th floor, so the rooms at the back are probably fine. But it did affect my quality of sleep, so I have to mention it.

Despite this, I would definitely stay again - it's in a great location, and easy walking distance for 2 tube stations and on a number of bus routes. (If you're going to be in London for more than 2 days and going to be using public transport, I would recommend getting an Oyster card - great value!)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were in London while the Olympics were on and wanted a hotel that was near to transport for all the attractions London has to offer.We were within short walking distance to two tube stations and plenty of buses. Although the rooms are tiny, the bonus for us was that the window opened and we were looking into a beautiful tree. It was quite noisy but you had the choice of windows closed(there were double windows) and no noise or windows open and a fresh air. We chose fresh air. The room was very clean and functional. Hair dryer, free wifi, plenty of hangers but minimum hanging space, tea, coffee, a safe, iron and small ironing board, and a lovely powerful shower with lots of hot water.The bathroom is very small. My husband is 6ft and when he cleaned his teeth he had to leave the bathroom door open to enable him to bend over the basin (opposite the door)! The bed a small double but comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We didn't have breakfast in the hotel so cannot comment. There are many cafes, pubs, restaurants and a Tesco's within short walking distance as well as Barclay bikes practically outside the door. Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park another short walk or bike ride away. Across the road is the Natural History Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum. We had everything we needed for our four day stay, We were not looking for luxury but somewhere convenient, safe and clean. We were happy with our stay.

Room Tip: ask for the room looking out into the tree.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
nashville tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff at the front desk were very helpful and friendly. You are just a very short walk to the tube. I would recommend getting a travelers pass we never took a taxi we went everywhere on the tube!!! The maps at all stations are very easy to read. The hotel was clean the rooms were small and maybe need alittle updating but all in all the rooms were very clean. The hotel is in a small neighborhood which we enjoyed. If I am ever back in London I will stay at this hotel!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Eden Plaza Kensington? Share your experiences!