“Great hotel, would book again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Duke of Leinster Hotel

Save Saved
You added Duke of Leinster Hotel to your Saves list
Duke of Leinster Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Leinster Gardens | Bayswater, London W2 3AN, England   |
Ranked #678 of 1,063 Hotels in London
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great hotel, would book again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We were pleasently surprised. After reading some of the reviews, we expected a very bad hotel. But as soon as we checked into our room, we were happy that we booked it. The room was small, but large enough to walk around in comfortably. It was very clean (Bedbugs, as mentioned in other reviews, were nowhere to be found.). The bathroom was also small, but big enough for comfort. Keep in mind that we booked a double room.
The breakfast was also great, all kinds of Kellogs-cereal, jam and cheese, together with freshly brewed coffee and orange juice that tastes as if it was manually pressed just a few minutes ago.

I definetely recommend this hotel to either single travellers, young couples or young groups. Families with small kids should consider the rather small roons, and decide whether the hotel is suites for them.

Would book again. And again. And again.

20Duke, Manager at Duke of Leinster Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear guest,
The Duke of Leinster Hotel are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We want nothing more than happy guests receiving high quality service. We hope that you will consider coming to our hotel for another visit in the future.
O Ismail
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I booked 3 nights at the duke. The day before our stay we read some reviews about the hotel, but we figured that the bug problem was probably a bit exagerated and that the hotel had fixed the issue.
NOT SO!!!
First night we found a bed-bug under the sheets. The next morning we found a new hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
essex
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Made a reservation with booking .com 5hrs before Arrival. (what a big Mistake)
When we got to the Hotel a large Party of Girls were at the frontdesk argueing with the man on reception, they were clearly very Unhappy and Upset to be told the rooms had been Vandalised the night before and that they had to split them up in a different hotel!!
After Looking at the room reserved at a rate of £255 we declined the offer to stay in it. Dingy Dirty so small i would have been more comfortable in my Car, which i told the Arab Man on reception, he grunted at me and pulled a face, like he did not Care and was not surprised.
He Assured me though that No Monies had or would be taken from my card..... What a Liar they took the full amount from my bank and said through booking.com that my excuse for not wanting to stay was not good enough and also that i needed to give 24Hrs Notice for free cancellation...
This surely when only booked the same day is not possible. I have tryed talking to them on the phone, and all i get told is the manager is not available to speak.Martin let me know if you get One i didn,t even have to endure the bed Bugs and still got charged!!!

Room Tip: None of Them the place wants Nucing!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Firstly, i would like to get the point across clearly, i wouldn't stay here again if they paid me.
on arrival a group of girls leaving the hotel walked past us and said 'have a lovely stay, don't let the bed bugs bite.' of course we took this as a joke.
However the people next door to us were up at 4am because their room was crawling with bed bugs, staff simply brushed this off, telling him to calm down.
Our room, luckily, didn't have any bed bugs. It was just disgustingly dirty, pubic hair on the bed sheets, blue chairs stained white, thick layers of dust. The room was so small and so crammed we tried to spend very little time in it.
The staff at the hotel, are rude and don't care for out complaints. They rushed us out in breakfast as there were only 6 tables and about 200 people staying.
We also overheard one of the staff telling a French woman she shouldn't have come to our country if she couldn't be bothered to learn the language , this is a disgusting and racist comment, and should not be tolerated.
The hotel is dirty, disgusting, crammed, too hot and broken.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel.
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,
On behalf of The Duke of Leinster Hotel, I would like to make a sincere apology regarding the inconvenience you faced when staying with us. However, we can assure to you that any problems like bed bugs, cleanliness and staff have certainly been dealt with. We now have a new line of management and staff so if you were to come and stay with us again you would most certainly notice a big difference.
We hope you will consider staying with us again so that you are able to experience the improvements we worked hard on.
Best regards,
O Ismail
Hotel Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

on arrival hotel was closed due to pest infestation, we had been allocated a different hotel some diatance away, the room was poor, four of us quashed into a room for 3, apologies were limited, staff unhelpful, wouldn't book it again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed here with my 2 kids and my wife. On arrival - yes as all the other comments suggest the hotel looks clean and welcoming - the bloke at reception I found very rude. he was blunt and very abrupt - huffing and puffing about our booking which was down as a double when actually was for 4 of us.
The room was small and cramped -= show me a london hotel room that isn't that costs less than £150 per night!
Got in from a long day in the city and had a bottle of wine with my wife - the kids had crashed out
ordered a free delivery Pizza.
The idiots in the room next door could not have been making any more noise and constantly banging doors etc - obvuious complaint made they went and came back at 2.30an to make more noise - I woke up and caught 3 Bed Bugs racing across the beds near me and my kids. the place must be infested with them. My wife booked this hotel - That's the last time we stay in this hotel or one like it - sorry but would rather pay more or travel out further and get a Prem Inn!!!
DON'T STAY HERE. Currently requesting a refund!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't do it
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Warrington, Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Booked this hotel for me and two mates for a trip to the Challenge Cup Final, after seeing the reviews I was expecting to be very disappointed however I was quite surprised. Reception area was very well maintained, the guy behind the desk (who may have been the duty manager) was very accomodating, and we had good chats with him. The room was okay, the window didn't open but there was a decent air conditioning unit that worked well. Room was clean, albeit a tad small, shower cubicle was a bit small too but at least the shower worked. Only downside was that we asked for 3 twin beds, but got one camper bed and a double bed. No bed bugs though! In the morning, we went down for breakfast and must have hit it at the right time, got a table straight away but the breakfast room was extremely small, only about 3-4 tables fitting 4 people and 2 tables seating 2 people in a hotel with 50 odd rooms, that is not a good ratio. When we left, the queue went through the corridor and up the 2 flights of stairs that led down to the breakfast room. The food itself was pretty decent, though it was a shame you had to pay extra for a cooked breakfast. The area was great, good location for the tube stations.

Overall it was a decent stay at a fantastic price, probably wouldn't stay there again, but at least I can say it's one of the places in London that I've visited.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Duke of Leinster Hotel? Share your experiences!