“What A Scam calling themselves a Hotel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Duke of Leinster Hotel

Save Saved
You added Duke of Leinster Hotel to your Saves list
Duke of Leinster Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Leinster Gardens | Bayswater, London W2 3AN, England   |
Ranked #678 of 1,071 hotels in London
essex
“What A Scam calling themselves a Hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Made a reservation with booking .com 5hrs before Arrival. (what a big Mistake)
When we got to the Hotel a large Party of Girls were at the frontdesk argueing with the man on reception, they were clearly very Unhappy and Upset to be told the rooms had been Vandalised the night before and that they had to split them up in a different hotel!!
After Looking at the room reserved at a rate of £255 we declined the offer to stay in it. Dingy Dirty so small i would have been more comfortable in my Car, which i told the Arab Man on reception, he grunted at me and pulled a face, like he did not Care and was not surprised.
He Assured me though that No Monies had or would be taken from my card..... What a Liar they took the full amount from my bank and said through booking.com that my excuse for not wanting to stay was not good enough and also that i needed to give 24Hrs Notice for free cancellation...
This surely when only booked the same day is not possible. I have tryed talking to them on the phone, and all i get told is the manager is not available to speak.Martin let me know if you get One i didn,t even have to endure the bed Bugs and still got charged!!!

Room Tip: None of Them the place wants Nucing!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

348 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Greek first
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Firstly, i would like to get the point across clearly, i wouldn't stay here again if they paid me.
on arrival a group of girls leaving the hotel walked past us and said 'have a lovely stay, don't let the bed bugs bite.' of course we took this as a joke.
However the people next door to us were up at 4am because their room was crawling with bed bugs, staff simply brushed this off, telling him to calm down.
Our room, luckily, didn't have any bed bugs. It was just disgustingly dirty, pubic hair on the bed sheets, blue chairs stained white, thick layers of dust. The room was so small and so crammed we tried to spend very little time in it.
The staff at the hotel, are rude and don't care for out complaints. They rushed us out in breakfast as there were only 6 tables and about 200 people staying.
We also overheard one of the staff telling a French woman she shouldn't have come to our country if she couldn't be bothered to learn the language , this is a disgusting and racist comment, and should not be tolerated.
The hotel is dirty, disgusting, crammed, too hot and broken.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel.
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
20Duke, Manager at Duke of Leinster Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear guest,
On behalf of The Duke of Leinster Hotel, I would like to make a sincere apology regarding the inconvenience you faced when staying with us. However, we can assure to you that any problems like bed bugs, cleanliness and staff have certainly been dealt with. We now have a new line of management and staff so if you were to come and stay with us again you would most certainly notice a big difference.
We hope you will consider staying with us again so that you are able to experience the improvements we worked hard on.
Best regards,
O Ismail
Hotel Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

on arrival hotel was closed due to pest infestation, we had been allocated a different hotel some diatance away, the room was poor, four of us quashed into a room for 3, apologies were limited, staff unhelpful, wouldn't book it again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed here with my 2 kids and my wife. On arrival - yes as all the other comments suggest the hotel looks clean and welcoming - the bloke at reception I found very rude. he was blunt and very abrupt - huffing and puffing about our booking which was down as a double when actually was for 4 of us.
The room was small and cramped -= show me a london hotel room that isn't that costs less than £150 per night!
Got in from a long day in the city and had a bottle of wine with my wife - the kids had crashed out
ordered a free delivery Pizza.
The idiots in the room next door could not have been making any more noise and constantly banging doors etc - obvuious complaint made they went and came back at 2.30an to make more noise - I woke up and caught 3 Bed Bugs racing across the beds near me and my kids. the place must be infested with them. My wife booked this hotel - That's the last time we stay in this hotel or one like it - sorry but would rather pay more or travel out further and get a Prem Inn!!!
DON'T STAY HERE. Currently requesting a refund!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't do it
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Warrington, Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Booked this hotel for me and two mates for a trip to the Challenge Cup Final, after seeing the reviews I was expecting to be very disappointed however I was quite surprised. Reception area was very well maintained, the guy behind the desk (who may have been the duty manager) was very accomodating, and we had good chats with him. The room was okay, the window didn't open but there was a decent air conditioning unit that worked well. Room was clean, albeit a tad small, shower cubicle was a bit small too but at least the shower worked. Only downside was that we asked for 3 twin beds, but got one camper bed and a double bed. No bed bugs though! In the morning, we went down for breakfast and must have hit it at the right time, got a table straight away but the breakfast room was extremely small, only about 3-4 tables fitting 4 people and 2 tables seating 2 people in a hotel with 50 odd rooms, that is not a good ratio. When we left, the queue went through the corridor and up the 2 flights of stairs that led down to the breakfast room. The food itself was pretty decent, though it was a shame you had to pay extra for a cooked breakfast. The area was great, good location for the tube stations.

Overall it was a decent stay at a fantastic price, probably wouldn't stay there again, but at least I can say it's one of the places in London that I've visited.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I recently stayed at the Duke of Leinster hotel with my fiance whilst on a theatre break. When we first arrived the hotel looked lovely and we were able to check in early. We were also offered breakfast for the following day even though we had not paid for it, which we thought was a lovely gesture. However when we arrived at our room it was very small and cramped and not particularly clean, the shelves were broken and the the bathroom was rusty with things falling off the walls. When we tried to go to bed we realised the windows were not double glazed and we could hear every single noise outside. The hotel was not in a particularly noisy area and there were no noisy bars or clubs nearby but anyone just walking past or cars driving by you could hear and I never slept a wink. Following that, after being offered breakfast for free, we went down the following morning and there was a huge que for the breakfast room. We realised after waiting 20 minutes that no-one infornt of us had gone in and there were only 5 breakfast tables available for a hotel with over 50 rooms. It was ridicuous. So after what seemed to be a nice gesture, we never ended up being able to eat anyway. When it came to checking out, I mentioned to the gentleman at reception about the problems we had encountered and all he did was shrug his shouders - he did not even apologise or offer any sort of a sorry, he did not care. Overall a very very dissapointing stay. If you are looking for somehwere with rude staff and do not want to sleep, this is the place for you. Otherwise stay away!!!! It will be muchmore worth paying abit extra for a nicer place!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

There is nothing wrong with this hotel..........until you decide to go to sleep at night. Friendly staff, slightly cramped but clean room with no air conditioning (wouldnt normally be an issue but it was an extremely warm day). Had a great day/evening then returned to the hotel to get some sleep......This is where it went horribly wrong......due to the heat I found it difficult to sleep which was lucky in the end as it enabled me to spot the bugs starting to crawl around the bed sheets/pillows in the early hours. I woke up my Girlfriend and we decided to find another hotel as there was no way we could sleep here (highly inconvenient at 2.30 in the morning!). We returned the next morning to try and get a refund and the member of staff present pretty much offered me a full refund before I opened my mouth. I was obviously happy with this but the feeling we both got from his reaction was that this thing clearly happens on a regular basis, judging by the other reviews it doesnt look like they have any intention of doing anything to get rid of these pests? Maybe they dont read trip advisor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Duke of Leinster Hotel? Share your experiences!