“Poor service - pest infestation” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Duke of Leinster Hotel

You added Duke of Leinster Hotel to your Saves list
Duke of Leinster Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Leinster Gardens | Bayswater, London W2 3AN, England   |
Ranked #681 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Poor service - pest infestation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

on arrival hotel was closed due to pest infestation, we had been allocated a different hotel some diatance away, the room was poor, four of us quashed into a room for 3, apologies were limited, staff unhelpful, wouldn't book it again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Greek first
Norwich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed here with my 2 kids and my wife. On arrival - yes as all the other comments suggest the hotel looks clean and welcoming - the bloke at reception I found very rude. he was blunt and very abrupt - huffing and puffing about our booking which was down as a double when actually was for 4 of us.
The room was small and cramped -= show me a london hotel room that isn't that costs less than £150 per night!
Got in from a long day in the city and had a bottle of wine with my wife - the kids had crashed out
ordered a free delivery Pizza.
The idiots in the room next door could not have been making any more noise and constantly banging doors etc - obvuious complaint made they went and came back at 2.30an to make more noise - I woke up and caught 3 Bed Bugs racing across the beds near me and my kids. the place must be infested with them. My wife booked this hotel - That's the last time we stay in this hotel or one like it - sorry but would rather pay more or travel out further and get a Prem Inn!!!
DON'T STAY HERE. Currently requesting a refund!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't do it
Warrington, Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Booked this hotel for me and two mates for a trip to the Challenge Cup Final, after seeing the reviews I was expecting to be very disappointed however I was quite surprised. Reception area was very well maintained, the guy behind the desk (who may have been the duty manager) was very accomodating, and we had good chats with him. The room was okay, the window didn't open but there was a decent air conditioning unit that worked well. Room was clean, albeit a tad small, shower cubicle was a bit small too but at least the shower worked. Only downside was that we asked for 3 twin beds, but got one camper bed and a double bed. No bed bugs though! In the morning, we went down for breakfast and must have hit it at the right time, got a table straight away but the breakfast room was extremely small, only about 3-4 tables fitting 4 people and 2 tables seating 2 people in a hotel with 50 odd rooms, that is not a good ratio. When we left, the queue went through the corridor and up the 2 flights of stairs that led down to the breakfast room. The food itself was pretty decent, though it was a shame you had to pay extra for a cooked breakfast. The area was great, good location for the tube stations.

Overall it was a decent stay at a fantastic price, probably wouldn't stay there again, but at least I can say it's one of the places in London that I've visited.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I recently stayed at the Duke of Leinster hotel with my fiance whilst on a theatre break. When we first arrived the hotel looked lovely and we were able to check in early. We were also offered breakfast for the following day even though we had not paid for it, which we thought was a lovely gesture. However when we arrived at our room it was very small and cramped and not particularly clean, the shelves were broken and the the bathroom was rusty with things falling off the walls. When we tried to go to bed we realised the windows were not double glazed and we could hear every single noise outside. The hotel was not in a particularly noisy area and there were no noisy bars or clubs nearby but anyone just walking past or cars driving by you could hear and I never slept a wink. Following that, after being offered breakfast for free, we went down the following morning and there was a huge que for the breakfast room. We realised after waiting 20 minutes that no-one infornt of us had gone in and there were only 5 breakfast tables available for a hotel with over 50 rooms. It was ridicuous. So after what seemed to be a nice gesture, we never ended up being able to eat anyway. When it came to checking out, I mentioned to the gentleman at reception about the problems we had encountered and all he did was shrug his shouders - he did not even apologise or offer any sort of a sorry, he did not care. Overall a very very dissapointing stay. If you are looking for somehwere with rude staff and do not want to sleep, this is the place for you. Otherwise stay away!!!! It will be muchmore worth paying abit extra for a nicer place!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

There is nothing wrong with this hotel..........until you decide to go to sleep at night. Friendly staff, slightly cramped but clean room with no air conditioning (wouldnt normally be an issue but it was an extremely warm day). Had a great day/evening then returned to the hotel to get some sleep......This is where it went horribly wrong......due to the heat I found it difficult to sleep which was lucky in the end as it enabled me to spot the bugs starting to crawl around the bed sheets/pillows in the early hours. I woke up my Girlfriend and we decided to find another hotel as there was no way we could sleep here (highly inconvenient at 2.30 in the morning!). We returned the next morning to try and get a refund and the member of staff present pretty much offered me a full refund before I opened my mouth. I was obviously happy with this but the feeling we both got from his reaction was that this thing clearly happens on a regular basis, judging by the other reviews it doesnt look like they have any intention of doing anything to get rid of these pests? Maybe they dont read trip advisor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

From the outside looks well kept and of good value with a clean and welcoming small reception, but then it gets worse -a tiny lift took us to our triple room - a single room with 3 beds- had to jump over the beds to move any where. Breakfast the next morning - could only accommodate about 12 guests - we had to leave without- others were cueing.
We did complain and were moved to another room while we were out - this was better but very noisy and next morning - the bed had bugs on it.
the public toilet near the breakfast room smelt/there was no air conditioning and the receptionist was very polite but never got up to do anything!
would not recommend this hotel

New Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

It was my worst experience in 12 days stay in London. I booked a 3 bed room and it was too small for 3 people to even walk at the same time. Bed was full of bed bucks leading to severe infection all over our body, making complaints also doesn't make any difference. Lift is in very bad state. I'll never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't opt for this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Duke of Leinster Hotel? Share your experiences!