Stayed at the hotel a few years back, before I joined Tripadvisor... otherwise I would have written an 11/10 perfect review !
Anyhow, this review is about their CHURCHILL BAR and Terrace....
I have been here a few times in the last couple of weeks - Always excellent, but will concentrate on my last visit...
Went with a couple of friends, and was greeted nicely by the Bar Manager... a very tall and well groomed guy, wearing a nice looking and expensive suit ? The Bar was full, but he personally found and cleared a lovely cosy corner for us. It was the best seat in the house,too ! Bar staff are extremely courteous, attentive, but discreet and professional. They are also very knowledgeable - despite it being busy, they helped and advised us on some nice cocktails and beer.
I decided to go up to the bar to pay my bill, and the Bar Manager made a point of coming over to personally thank me for my custom and we had a bit of witty banter about birthdays and getting old !
Ambience: Even though it was busy, the bar just oozes class, sophistication and quality... I cannot fault it. Also alot of memorabilia, cigar and brandy displays etc. as a homage to Winston Churchill, who I believe used to rank this as his favourite watering-hole ?
Nice touch: The outside terrace even has blankets, for the brave alfresco drinkers/smokers !
SUMMARY: Great place to make a good impression, and indulge in a classy drink !
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill Hotel
- Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill Hotel London
- Hyatt Regency London
- Hyatt London The Churchill
- Hyatt London
- London Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the West End, with views over Portman Square, this five-star hotel is perfectly placed for London’s main shopping areas and tourist attractions. Each of the hotel’s well-appointed guest rooms and suites offer extreme comfort in elegant surroundings. Guests can enjoy European ‘comfort’ food in The Montagu, award-winning Italian cuisine at Locanda Locatelli and cocktails in The Churchill Bar. This luxurious hotel offers the highest levels of standards and service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Amex, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Expedia, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.