“this is a review of the new Churchill bar that opened just last week” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30 Portman Square, London W1H 7BH, England (Marylebone)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #138 of 1,069 hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“this is a review of the new Churchill bar that opened just last week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

the bar is great! beautiful design, fantastic staff and of course an incredible cocktail menu.

I don't have much to stay but to recommend as it's one of the few places that stays open quite late. (2am? 3am?)

We really enjoyed ourselves and are sorry we stayed so late :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattRegencyLondon, General Manager at Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank for sharing your great feedback on our newly opened Churchill Bar & Terrace! We also love the bar and hope to see you there again soon! The bar is open until 2am all week and closes at 1 am on Sundays. On your next visit why not try our restaurant The Montagu before heading to the bar!

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

978 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Polish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is one hotel which I would stay whenever I visited London over the years even before it is known as Hyatt Regency. But it also showed me the gradual "aging" process of the premises, ie the condition of the room and the attached bathroom. This, however, did not deter me from choosing this place each time I visited London simply because it has an excellent location. It is only one block away from London's shopping haven - Oxford Street! The Marble Arch and Bond Street tube stations are also within walking distance. My only complaint was to discover that they later charged my card an extra 95 pounds even though I was told no amount was owing when I checked out!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your long lasting relationship with the hotel. We are delighted to hear of your continious loyalty and we are indeed very proud of our fantastic location. We loved your photographs!

Thank you again and we are looking forward to seeing you when you are next in London.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was spending a couple of days in town after a business trip and booked this hotel on a whim because I had some points to spend and covering only the remaining day saved some cost. Really pleased to discover that its only a block or two away from Oxford Street (Marble Arch end) and Selfridges isn't far away! The central location also ensures that most museums are not far away by tube or bus so its a great base for sightseeing or shopping.

Each and every staff that I encountered at the hotel were friendly and courteous, from the emails that front desk staff sent in advance of my arrival to the room service staff serving food or removing trolleys.

The rooms are also surprisingly large and spacious with every amenity that you need stocked. I will definitely stay here again and will recommend it to friends.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are very proud of our execelent staff and consistent service and we are happy to hear that your enjoyed your stay with us to the fullest.

Thank you again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Staying at The Churchill is always a pleasure. As a regular traveler to London, I find myself choosing Hyatt Regency as often as I possibly can. Service is impeccable, rooms are spacious and luxurious (in the classic sense) and the location is superb for business and shopping. I must confess that I've gotten to an age where hip designer hotels bore me, so stepping back into a traditional luxury hotel is relaxing and refreshing. The breakfast is great, and I can't think of a hotel with more professional and courteous staff. Think I have to book another stay very soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
I would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback and continued loyalty. We are delighted that you appreciate our traditionally luxurious hotel, exceptional staff and great location. We are looking forward to welcoming back very soon!

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Spent a long weekend in this hotel and found it to be very attractive, good value and in a great location. The public area is spacious with a couple of good restaurants and late night dining is possible. On my first night I asked for room-service and was pleased with the quick delivery, great food, and attractive presentation. My room was spacious, immaculately clean, fresh and modern with a large comfortable bed, plenty of light and perfect housekeeping services. Easy connection to Wifi although they did charge £51 for the weekend. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
I would like to thank you for your wonderful feedback. We are very proud of our great location and consistent service and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us to the fullest.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have stayed several times to this hotel, very satisfied, very centrally located, cosy, spacious rooms, clean with big and comortable beds, room rates are a bit high but for a reason. In order to get a good deal you have to book either 2 weeks in advance or fo for weekend rate,
I have stayed in different hotels in London but to put it in a nutshell,when at Churchill's I feel at home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and thank you especially for your continued loyalty. We are delighted to hear that we make you feel at home and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to London.

Southport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We just stayed for one night for my birthday.

On arrival into room, we found it to be spacious, well equipped and immaculately clean.

We were off to the theatre that night and didn't dine there but enjoyed complimentary drinks, canapes and nibbles in the executive lounge from 5.30pm which was a lovely touch!

On arrival back to our room that evening, the beds were turned down and there was a bottle of bubbly and a birthday cake left for me.

Breakfast was excellent next morning.

The hotel is large, stylish, cosmopolitan, fantastically placed overlooking Portman Square (2 minutes walk from Selfridges) and without doubt we'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms from the 7th floor upwards allow entry to the executive lounge ... well worth it.